• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is it with Big12 coaches

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You damn right there. I coached HS Football for 5 years before heading into the business world.

It was like being the Manager of a restaurant at a Country Club. You had 1,000 bosses.
I coached two sports for 18 years, from young ones up to high school all star teams. Towards the end it was absolutely horrendous dealing with parents. The last two seasons I let them know that I get paid to coach, not talk. If they wanted to talk to me about their sons playing time they had to pay me for my time.
It was not a popular policy.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coached two sports for 18 years, from young ones up to high school all star teams. Towards the end it was absolutely horrendous dealing with parents. The last two seasons I let them know that I get paid to coach, not talk. If they wanted to talk to me about their sons playing time they had to pay me for my time.

I never thought of anything like that. Lmao. I bet some of them were left speechless.

I had one or two parents that asked why their son wasn't getting playing time and what they
could do to help them. In both cases it was simply because they were young and we had some
powerful Juniors and Seniors playing for us. I just told them to encourage them with weight
training and, if need be, demand that they run Track. (Didn't matter if they scored in the meets
only that they improve their foot speed).

Most though were all too busy debating plays called and strategy.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought of anything like that. Lmao. I bet some of them were left speechless.

I had one or two parents that asked why their son wasn't getting playing time and what they
could do to help them. In both cases it was simply because they were young and we had some
powerful Juniors and Seniors playing for us. I just told them to encourage them with weight
training and, if need be, demand that they run Track. (Didn't matter if they scored in the meets
only that they improve their foot speed).

Most though were all too busy debating plays called and strategy.
Every parent wants the baseball coach to play the eight best baseball players on the team and their kid. Simple enough.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abe Lemons used to tell the story about when he coached at Oklahoma City University or Pan Amercian...I forget which one but it was before he was at Texas. Anyhoo, there was a booster that owned some drug stores where the local fans gathered for coffee. The booster started causing issues with the basketball program. Abe knew the guy pretty well so one day while the owner was gone he was at the drugstore and started telling the employees to move some of the displays to other locations...and convinced the employees it was all right. When the owner came in he asked the employees what was going on. They told him so he went to Abe and asked him what the hll he was doing. Abe said, "You've been trying to run my basketball program so I thought I'd try to run your drugstore for a while."

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every parent wants the baseball coach to play the eight best baseball players on the team and their kid. Simple enough.
“But my kid is the best, of course the coach should be playing him”
-Every dad of a baseball player

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Big 12 coaches abuse their players. Other Big 12 coaches do this.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah yes... Remember the Mitch Mustain and his "helicopter parents" saga??? :dhd:

Though, I did kinda feel sorry for the kid a little bit but... :noidea:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes... Remember the Mitch Mustain and his "helicopter parents" saga??? :dhd:

Though, I did kinda feel sorry for the kid a little bit but... :noidea:
Yeah, it ain't the kids fault they were born into helicopter parents. And kids know who the best players are and usually have no problems with it. Mom and dad on the other hand...............

I was fortunate in that I had the "Anti helicopter" parent. My old Little League coach told me years after I played about the first time my dad brought me to practice. Coach said my dad pointed at another parent and said, "You don't have to worry about me being like that guy (helicopter parent before helicopter parents existed). You won't hear from me regarding the position he plays or how much he plays. That's your call. I do expect to hear from you if he doesn't behave. That's my call."

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it takes to get people into Stoolwater, huh?

Lincoln isn't cool enough to do that. Also he tucked his dick in with Baker at the helm in a national semi. You guys should be a little concerned about that going forward.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln isn't cool enough to do that. Also he tucked his dick in with Baker at the helm in a national semi. You guys should be a little concerned about that going forward.

Big talk coming from a guy who’s coach shit down his leg in his first chance in over a decade to establish the possibility of not being Oklahoma’s bitch against a 32 year old first year kid head coach. Guess what? If you didn’t take the opportunity to take a step forward against your daddy this year, it ain’t gonna happen. Meanwhile, said 32 year old coached in a classic in the CFP which those traffic cone orange fucks haven’t even sniffed. And if he’d had even an average DC would’ve won the title. This is Mike’s last year at Oklahoma and if you’re honest with yourself that scares the shit out of you. Have a nice day, princess.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big talk coming from a guy who’s coach shit down his leg in his first chance in over a decade to establish the possibility of not being Oklahoma’s bitch against a 32 year old first year kid head coach. Guess what? If you didn’t take the opportunity to take a step forward against your daddy this year, it ain’t gonna happen. Meanwhile, said 32 year old coached in a classic in the CFP which those traffic cone orange fucks haven’t even sniffed. And if he’d had even an average DC would’ve won the title. This is Mike’s last year at Oklahoma and if you’re honest with yourself that scares the shit out of you. Have a nice day, princess.

I’ll never forget, I hit that over before halftime. :lol:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Sure as hell not concenrned about Okie Lite. You had a veteran head coach with a year to finally not become Oklahoma’s bitch, NFL talent, and stil shit the bed at home against a 1st year head coach and a OU team in who only played one facet in the game and still won.
2CpuWD4.jpg