• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is it with Big12 coaches

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more easily understandable than abusing one's couches and farm animals

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't even WANT to know what all Briles was guilty of outside of what we already know..
:briles:

We got us some real scumbags in this here conference boys...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Mangino and Weiss left, there are only 10 little ones? :noidea:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t consider Mangino yelling at players as abuse. Just a case of how many kids these days are pussies.

Oh I totally agree but abuse allegations seem to be more prevalent in the Big12 than the other conferences..

Meh maybe it’s just baby sh*t soft players... :noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh maybe it’s just baby sh*t soft players...
allw.gif

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't even WANT to know what all Briles was guilty of outside of what we already know..
:briles:

We got us some real scumbags in this here conference boys...
Should have joined the B1G instead

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the hardships this former player is going through and I don't doubt he wasn't treated according to protocol, but $1 million? Come on.

His life is not ruined. It is barely altered. He cannot tell me that his surgeries on his pelvis will equal $1 million. He should give up on football if he wants to avoid injuries and surgeries. He is at a good age too. He is in college. Pick a career and go to the library for a few extra hours.

Make TCU/Big 12 (or whoever he wants to pay) for his surgeries/medical bills that are related to his injury/surgery. Then move on.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff happens at EVERY school claiming to want to win the NC in my opinion.

The coaching staff is pressured to win and are paid quite large sums of money to win. The BMDs want to win.

I am not surprised at the backlash he is receiving from TCU supporters. But then, every other schools supporters would do the exact same thing.

Heck, during recruiting the crap these high schoolers get from idiot fans on social media, OMG.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff happens at EVERY school claiming to want to win the NC in my opinion.

The coaching staff is pressured to win and are paid quite large sums of money to win. The BMDs want to win.

I am not surprised at the backlash he is receiving from TCU supporters. But then, every other schools supporters would do the exact same thing.

Heck, during recruiting the crap these high schoolers get from idiot fans on social media, OMG.

Oh hell yea...

It's like anything else. If a player at School A is accused of assaulting a girl, all the fans
at school B, want the player hung. When it happens to a player from School B their response
is amended to read..."The bitch had it coming."

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yea...

It's like anything else. If a player at School A is accused of assaulting a girl, all the fans
at school B, want the player hung. When it happens to a player from School B their response
is amended to read..."The bitch had it coming."
I was a school prinicipal/superintendent for over 20 years. I learned a couple of very important realities related to this type of thing during that time.

1. Parents want real tough discipline in the schools...except when it comes to their kid(s). Then leniency.
2. Each parent wants the baseball coach to play the eight best players and their kid.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a school prinicipal/superintendent for over 20 years. I learned a couple of very important realities related to this type of thing during that time.

1. Parents want real tough discipline in the schools...except when it comes to their kid(s). Then leniency.
2. Each parent wants the baseball coach to play the eight best players and their kid.

My goal is to not be one of these parents.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You damn right there. I coached HS Football for 5 years before heading into the business world.

It was like being the Manager of a restaurant at a Country Club. You had 1,000 bosses.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You damn right there. I coached HS Football for 5 years before heading into the business world.

It was like being the Manager of a restaurant at a Country Club. You had 1,000 bosses.
Good comparison. I remember a statement by Chuck Daley, coach of the Detroit Pistons in their good run. He said something like "Coaching in the NBA is like dealing with the CEOs of 12 Fortune 500 Companies every day."

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great goal.

What was strange was the adults...aka parents...were not as aware of the reality of all of it as much as their kids were. The kids KNEW who the "nine" best players were and who deserved to play. They also knew who misbehaved/who didn't and were much more accepting of the punishment/discipline than the adults. At least for the most part.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It can be done.

Just don't over do it. Don't automatically accept that your child isn't good enough.

The most important thing the child learns in athletics is being "competitive."
That's what they take thru life. Knowing they've got to compete. Over zealous
parents can, unknowingly, create an atmosphere where the child blames others
for their lack of success.

For everything that has value in the world...there is a price to pay. You've just gotta
understand you have to pay the price.