• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is going on with Rawls?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Team was RAVING about Fant this offseason but.... they seem to do that about one or two of them every offseason. I think Fant would have been better than Rees but not a lot better. I believe the talent we got would be ok if they had someone who could teach these guys. I just don't think Cable is the right man here and he has not shown he can coach these guys up. They have spent a lot of capital on the oline, i have stated that in many of my posts but they have just sucked and every year it tends to get worse. The line has changed almost constantly the past 3 years but there is a constant that has not, that constant has to be the issue. I mean it really has to be from the prolonged failure we have seen doesn't it? Or do all these guys just suck period? I don't think thats it, the Hawks were SO CLOSE to getting rid of Britt now look he is our best Olineman.

I used "I" a lot in this post because these are my opinions and wanted to make that clear :P "I" could be completely wrong about Cable but "I" don't think so

It seems to me the Seahawks are conflicted. They use a zone blocking scheme with calls for fleet footedness and athletic ability, but draft guys better suited to power blocking schemes. Might be time to either scrape zone blocking or acquire players suited to zone blocking.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me the Seahawks are conflicted. They use a zone blocking scheme with calls for fleet footedness and athletic ability, but draft guys better suited to power blocking schemes. Might be time to either scrape zone blocking or acquire players suited to zone blocking.

Last year the Hawks used a lot of man blocking for portions of the game, mostly when up and only minutes left. When they did this they ran well. I always thought the guys we have were more suited to a man on man also as you stated. You want mauler type blockers in man on man and i feel thats what they got on the team more so than the fleet footed ZB guys. Like the old Denver Broncos line that was always one of the smallest in the league but one of the better ones also, That was a ZB line.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Hawks used a lot of man blocking for portions of the game, mostly when up and only minutes left. When they did this they ran well. I always thought the guys we have were more suited to a man on man also as you stated. You want mauler type blockers in man on man and i feel thats what they got on the team more so than the fleet footed ZB guys. Like the old Denver Broncos line that was always one of the smallest in the league but one of the better ones also, That was a ZB line.

We also ran better in more spread formations, usually with 3 WR's instead of TE bunches at the LOS... They also just had 1 back in the backfield in these formations...I haven't seen them try this much this year...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also ran better in more spread formations, usually with 3 WR's instead of TE bunches at the LOS... They also just had 1 back in the backfield in these formations...I haven't seen them try this much this year...

You are correct but i think they go with more blockers now because they can't stop penetration. The fastest way to kill a running game out of the spread is penetration.

oh god ...I AM TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL I SWEAR!