• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What i should know about 2014 VT

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to the home and home series between THEE & VT

So let me know what I should be nervous about with the 2014 VT squad that will show up at The Horseshoe on 9/6.

And if any of you Hokies do attend the game make certain you get in the stadium early to witness TBDBITL and all the additional pomp n circumstance that goes on before kickoff.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me know what I should be nervous about with the 2014 VT squad that will show up at The Horseshoe on 9/6.

And if any of you Hokies do attend the game make certain you get in the stadium early to witness TBDBITL and all the additional pomp n circumstance that goes on before kickoff.

We have TEs that can play many different positions, including TE for a change.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you can help us out too.

What sections should we avoid when looking for tickets? I was maybe 13 last time I was in the Shoe, but I remember a lot of obstructed view seats.

DnKSDad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What sections should we avoid when looking for tickets? I was maybe 13 last time I was in the Shoe, but I remember a lot of obstructed view seats.

^^^^ this!

I keep hearing that we won't be able to get tix through VT and that tix disappear quickly when Ohio State makes them available to the public. Where is the visitors section normally? Should we go ahead and start shopping aftermarket for tix??

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those seats were probably in B deck, which were seats that sat in the overhang of the upper deck. B deck is now luxury suites on the Home side.

stubhub gives a nice view of what the seats will look like in each section. I liked getting seats in the North End/ Closed side of the Stadium. From the stubhub site there are eats in sections 3B that are a good price that would be good seats close to bathrooms and concessions and easy exit out the North Entrance. If you can get 5A or 8A and be in the very top row there is a concrete backing that makes it perfect seats. Last seats I had were in 5AA at the top of the section and they were great, had a concrete wall to lean back on and nobody's knees in your back.
Weather shouldn't be a concern so if you are only left with C deck those are good seats as well if you don't mind heights.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ this!

I keep hearing that we won't be able to get tix through VT and that tix disappear quickly when Ohio State makes them available to the public. Where is the visitors section normally? Should we go ahead and start shopping aftermarket for tix??

Visitors are given a lot of seats in the NorthEast end of A deck. if you go on stubhub 8A will be predominately where VT fans will be. Those seats are good you have a great view of the field and the Massive Jumbo tron scoreboard is in perfect view.
Parking is easy too, it does require a walk and some lots that are over a couple miles from the stadium offer shuttles to the Stadium.

For Hotels you can get nice ones in the surrounding suburbs, I recommend Dublin, it is about a 20 minute drive to the Stadium and if you ask nicely maybe the Golden Bear will let you play Muirfield Village, so bring your clubs.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a LE that is going to be playing on Sundays?
Buckeyes will be starting a new RT and I don't want to have to watch him get abused.

I can't remember which side Dadi will be playing but he is explosive and very fast but a little undisciplined. The other DE will be starting for the first time but has been looking good this spring.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember which side Dadi will be playing but he is explosive and very fast but a little undisciplined. The other DE will be starting for the first time but has been looking good this spring.

I think our D-line will be pretty good as well as our CBs. It will be interesting to see how much (if any) havoc our D-line will cause in this game with the OSU OL.

As Hokies I think much of our concern will be around our own OL and whether any holes can be created that our RBs will be able to leverage in the run game. If our run game suffers from this, there is a real potential for things to quickly go downhill for us.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some talent on O but it's young. I'd expect both explosive plays and 3-and-outs. Primary concerns on O are who is going to play QB and how will the OL look.

Defense should be very good. Starting some new pieces in several places so again there could be hiccups. Most concern is at LB but I'm not terribly worried there. Concern is probably overstating it. What are your O's strengths expected to be?

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our QB, OL, and our LBs containing Miller's legs are my biggest areas of concern prior to summer practice starting. I will revise if necessary.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some talent on O but it's young. I'd expect both explosive plays and 3-and-outs. Primary concerns on O are who is going to play QB and how will the OL look.

Defense should be very good. Starting some new pieces in several places so again there could be hiccups. Most concern is at LB but I'm not terribly worried there. Concern is probably overstating it. What are your O's strengths expected to be?

Braxton is a given
RB will be a new starter either Ezekiel Elliot soph or Rod Smith (body looks like Eddie George and fumbles like him too) or 4 other dudes that are 4 star recruits
WR there are some dudes that RS last year Micheal Thomas and Jeff Greene transfer from GT that should be equalizers in the RZ both are over 6'4" they will go along with 5 other guys that are good. There is no show horse at WR yet.
TE is set with a couple Block and Catch guys that are huge

O-Line is the biggest question mark, but with the O-Line Coach the Buckeyes have I am confident based on the last 2 years he will have them ready.

The Buckeyes back 7 on defense is the obvious concern.
You do miss out on Noah Spence so that is a bonus but you will have to still deal with 3 other guys up front that will be playing on Sunday.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braxton is a given
RB will be a new starter either Ezekiel Elliot soph or Rod Smith (body looks like Eddie George and fumbles like him too) or 4 other dudes that are 4 star recruits
WR there are some dudes that RS last year Micheal Thomas and Jeff Greene transfer from GT that should be equalizers in the RZ both are over 6'4" they will go along with 5 other guys that are good. There is no show horse at WR yet.
TE is set with a couple Block and Catch guys that are huge

O-Line is the biggest question mark, but with the O-Line Coach the Buckeyes have I am confident based on the last 2 years he will have them ready.

The Buckeyes back 7 on defense is the obvious concern.
You do miss out on Noah Spence so that is a bonus but you will have to still deal with 3 other guys up front that will be playing on Sunday.

so, it sounds like we'll have a match up of a questionable offense vs a questionable defense, and good offense vs a good defense :D

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should know that Chuck Norris has posters of Sam Rogers on his wall.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dadi will most likely play stud and will be lined up opposite the RT most of the time

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dadi will most likely play stud and will be lined up opposite the RT most of the time

Is that where he played in the spring game? I would think he's a better fit on the other side in Foster's system.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would advise against looking for tickets on Ticketmaster, and just be cautious in general when buying tickets for this game, as all that is left on TM are obstructed view seats. Literally there are seats where you may only be able to see 40 of the 100 yard field.

For as much press as the Horseshoe gets for being such a great stadium, there are a lot of really shitty seats.