• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What has happened to PITT basketball?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch it Mac. You’re starting to talk to yourself.
Eh, that's normal for me. Ask the guys I work with... Of course they talk to themselves too... And we all wear white coats... I'm suddenly rethinking my career.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing Hurley, they hire Capel as coach. Capel knows the inside channel on recruiting (buying) top talent. Learned it as HC of Oklahoma but got caught. He is likely to be the fall guy if the FBI found evidence of Duke playing players. The price tag will be high to get any top player to play at Pitt. On the bright side, two of the players who wanted to go elsewhere decided to stay. (I wonder if anyone else wanted them). Capel has 4 players back who have never won an acc game. I look forward to playing against their 2-2 zone next year.

My hope is that Capel goes down with the FBI investigation and Pitt gives the job to bbDad. Dad knows how to fix all their problems.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that Capel goes down with the FBI investigation and Pitt gives the job to bbDad. Dad knows how to fix all their problems.

That is a good one at my expense. Ouchie... that hurtie...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good one at my expense. Ouchie... that hurtie...
Lol

Pitt needs a backup plan in case the FBI takes their new coach to jail. I am positive you would improve on Pitts Acc record as coach. You should get your application in.

Never mind..why would anybody want to be at Pitt.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Capel has forgotten more basketball than I ever knew before I started forgetting things about basketball.

IMO, he is a solid hire for Pitt. He has HC experience at VCU and OU, and has been part of a great Duke recruiting staff.

Coach K’s former assistants have all enjoyed mixed results. But, this guy should be able to rebuild their program.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Capel has forgotten more basketball than I ever knew before I started forgetting things about basketball.

IMO, he is a solid hire for Pitt. He has HC experience at VCU and OU, and has been part of a great Duke recruiting staff.

Coach K’s former assistants have all enjoyed mixed results. But, this guy should be able to rebuild their program.

I agree with a caveat.

He was fired by Oklahoma for violations which landed them with 3 years probation. The FBI investigation is looming. I have no idea if he is clean or if he is the Duke money guy. If this guy gets indicted in the next few months and Pitt will be playing with recruits from the intramural B.B. league. This is a risky hire with significant up and downsides.

This may be the best choice for Pitt. A good coach with no ethical issues would take less money to coach in a non power 5 league rather than go to Pitt.

Given my love for Pitt, I’m rooting for FBI now.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Pitt needs a backup plan in case the FBI takes their new coach to jail. I am positive you would improve on Pitts Acc record as coach. You should get your application in.

Never mind..why would anybody want to be at Pitt.
Maybe it can be like the football program. Coach gets arrested, hire a new one who quits before he starts, then hire another who quits after his first season.