• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Happened?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the 4th quarter again last night. My thoughts?

1) The team was still gloating over Atlanta's meltdown. That should not be a topic prior to a big game.
2) Bill out-smarted himself. He has been a proponent of getting rid of pre-season games. The starters don't need them. Well, they sure looked rusty!
3) We had a lot of players that have not played with each other much
4) We had a lot of players playing out of their natural position
5) Reed out-coached Bill in this one.
6) what? 3 touchdowns called back? Any luck would have helped!
7) Ball was spotted poorly on several big plays.
8) 4th and short calls sucked big time.

What did I miss? We could have easily won that game if we had finished like we started. A good dose of humility is in order. Call New Orleans please and see if we can get Austin Carr back.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get a wake up call in game one and have everyone think that the Patriots can be beaten easily, than to get off to great start and choke on a chicken bone in January.

I expect to see a totally different team in New Orleans.

If this team doesn't crank it up a notch or two, then Katie bar the door. We've got a long season in front of us.
It will be ugly....................and worse, every troll in the universe will be coming in here to take a shit.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny joke(and somewhat true) that a friend told me yesterday after I was texting him bitching about the game.

What's the difference between a hotdog at Arrowhead and a hotdog at Gillette?

You can get a hotdog at Gillette in January.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather get a wake up call in game one and have everyone think that the Patriots can be beaten easily, than to get off to great start and choke on a chicken bone in January.

I expect to see a totally different team in New Orleans.

If this team doesn't crank it up a notch or two, then Katie bar the door. We've got a long season in front of us.
It will be ugly....................and worse, every troll in the universe will be coming in here to take a shit.

Totally agree Ken. Everything I wrote about is fixable.
Practice should be energetic this week.....

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny joke(and somewhat true) that a friend told me yesterday after I was texting him bitching about the game.

What's the difference between a hotdog at Arrowhead and a hotdog at Gillette?

You can get a hotdog at Gillette in January.

Bad joke, they were the #2 seed last year...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad joke, they were the #2 seed last year...

Not horribly bad. They got knocked out to the Steelers in their first game. And how many home playoff games have they had lately?

Geeze. What a sourpuss.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got done watching the Browns-Steelers game. It kind of reminded me of the Patriots-Chiefs. The Steelers really did not play their best game but they played just well enough to hold on at the end. That's the way the Patriots looked. They definitely did not play a good game but they led at the half and after the third quarter and it looked as though they would pull out a win. Then in the fourth the wheels just fell off. The worrisome issue is that the defense was gashed badly by big plays, something BB goes wild over. When a mid-round rookie can run for 148 yards and a good but not great QB like Smith can have a career day, there is definitely trouble in Foxboro. Did the Pats run out of gas in the last quarter? BB always stresses a full 60 minutes from his players. Did they not get enough game time in the preseason? BB has 10 days to figure it out. The rest of the league is licking their chops like after the last blowout loss to the Chiefs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but wonder...and both my wife and daughter said the same thing during the game...

On fourth and 1, both times, would Blount have gotten the first down.
I think Gillislee will have a better year yards per carry, but he is not the battering ram Blount is.

Of course running to the outside may have helped too.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't help but wonder...and both my wife and daughter said the same thing during the game...

On fourth and 1, both times, would Blount have gotten the first down.
I think Gillislee will have a better year yards per carry, but he is not the battering ram Blount is.

Of course running to the outside may have helped too.
I just don't think so, at least not as a battering ram. At times to many a dismay, Blount would turn away from traffic and lose momentum. In this case that may have worked.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RB genetically engineered from the DNA of Jim Brown, Walter Payton, John Riggins, and Earl Campbell wouldn't've converted those 4th and 1's...poorly designed, poorly blocked, and perfectly defended by the Chiefs.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RB genetically engineered from the DNA of Jim Brown, Walter Payton, John Riggins, and Earl Campbell wouldn't've converted those 4th and 1's...poorly designed, poorly blocked, and perfectly defended by the Chiefs.

You know Belichick was miffed, when he mentioned the fact they got stuffed 4 times in short yardage in his postgame presser. Should have known better than going straight at the strength of that defense - bad scouting, poor judgement by Skippy McD.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Belichick was miffed, when he mentioned the fact they got stuffed 4 times in short yardage in his postgame presser. Should have known better than going straight at the strength of that defense - bad scouting, poor judgement by Skippy McD.
Agree, except for Jim Brown. The pictures I've seen of him going up and over seem indefensible.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got outplayed period...

Defense is not nearly up to what it should be. They listened to the media and thought that there was no way the Chiefs would beat them and "laid off." It was a terrible loss

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs had a much better game plan and the Pats got too confident after a fast start. Going for it on 4th the first time was ridiculous, easy FG there, instead the KC responded with a TD. Also, I think Brady was trying too hard for the long pass, considering his aim was off since the start. Seems they abandoned the short stuff that always works.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three wr and two were brand new and one was here 3 days. Berry shutting Gronk down, Hogan trying to be JE11, not good. Once DA went down, the offense went with him. Hope BB didn't sleep well knowing he should not have put him back on punts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three wr and two were brand new and one was here 3 days. Berry shutting Gronk down, Hogan trying to be JE11, not good. Once DA went down, the offense went with him. Hope BB didn't sleep well knowing he should not have put him back on punts.
Why can't this team find a returner? I got it BB likes versatility. But I'd gladly give up Bolden's spot for a sure handed returner, the dude doesn't even need to be a threat just hold onto the ball and stay healthy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't this team find a returner? I got it BB likes versatility. But I'd gladly give up Bolden's spot for a sure handed returner, the dude doesn't even need to be a threat just hold onto the ball and stay healthy.
Lewis doesn't do that?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3