• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does recent history point to in making draft decisions?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the players that should take the next step to either elite or near-elite levels based on recent years' progressing?

That is who I mainly want to target this year. Those players.

I am considering looking at these options for OFs(which will be my top hitting priority)
AL for most outside of the elites with the exceptions of Colorado and perhaps Chicago. And I am looking for another 1b to back up Abreu or play the 1b/3b slot. Last year my 1b strategy didn't exactly pay off. Of course Davis was staring straight at me and I took Santana instead. And also took Laroche which as well didn't pay off. That's why I need to go younger.

As far as someone who can decently back him up in case of injury, those are the ones I like most. I want to stay away from older players and players too young and not yet ready. I'm looking for the players this year who should break out.

And same applies to pitching as well.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the most reactionary owner I know. My biggest advice is that you read to much into previous years.

What I like to do is look at roster depth charts and projected lineup order and projected runs scored by whole major league team. Age is really secondary. All age really is, is a measurement of how inconsistent and inaccurate any projection is.