• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What does our starting d line look like...

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in nickel situations?

Is it
RE - Aldon Smith
DT - Justin Smith
DT - Ray Mcdonald
LE - Ahmad Brooks

or

RE - Justin Smith
DT - Aldon Smith
DT - Issac Sopoaga
DE - Ray Mcdonald

or something else? I like the first one. What do you all think it is?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine the first option with Brooks and Smith at the ends. In the past McDonald has usually slipped into the middle on nickel situations... RJF may get in on that too though... like McDonald & Smith/Brooks at end with Jsmith & RJF up the middle.

Dobbs can make his way too...

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I really hope Aldon becames a dominant threat off of the edge. But we should throw him inside some too to utilize his inside rush moves. Overall im excited about our d line. We should be able to create some pressure on 3rd downs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word is "should" we've been lacking real pass rushes for the longest time. Evidently this may be the squad that will create pressure and deliver some actual sacks/stops.

I just don't like to see 4 guys getting stuffed easily by the opposing team or see our edge runners run all the way towards the opposite endzone instead of running towards the QB.

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Key word is "should" we've been lacking real pass rushes for the longest time. Evidently this may be the squad that will create pressure and deliver some actual sacks/stops.

I just don't like to see 4 guys getting stuffed easily by the opposing team or see our edge runners run all the way towards the opposite endzone instead of running towards the QB.

I hear ya. If Aldon pans out then I like the foursome of A. Smith, J. Smith, R. Mcdonald, and A. Brooks. Sending a Willis or Bowman up the gut should help wreak some havoc. In a perfect world we can consistently pressure with the front four and keep seven back in coverage.

I wonder if we would consider a permanent switch to a 4-3 next year if Aldon shines as a pass rusher in nickel situations.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. If Aldon pans out then I like the foursome of A. Smith, J. Smith, R. Mcdonald, and A. Brooks. Sending a Willis or Bowman up the gut should help wreak some havoc. In a perfect world we can consistently pressure with the front four and keep seven back in coverage.

I wonder if we would consider a permanent switch to a 4-3 next year if Aldon shines as a pass rusher in nickel situations.

I'm not sure.... Aldon needs atleast another season to grow into the OLB in the 34 but in the end, maybe he's better off as a 43 end?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, Aldon is not going to transition quickly to OLB.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea his pass coverage worries me, the texans are doing it with Mario williams now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea his pass coverage worries me, the texans are doing it with Mario williams now.

Very true... I rather have Brooks backpedaling than Aldon.... Aldon may be better off playing the zone if he needs to drop back rather than man to man.

But my personal preference is for him to be attacking the QB(but I like to see him moved along the line and not just same side, attack from multiple angles.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure.... Aldon needs atleast another season to grow into the OLB in the 34 but in the end, maybe he's better off as a 43 end?

I could have sworn i saw an article saying Aldon would be our other 4-3 DE in nickel situations.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Aldon moves inside in nickel situations.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could have sworn i saw an article saying Aldon would be our other 4-3 DE in nickel situations.

That makes sense, I just hope his liability in coverage doesn't start to tip our hand when he is on the field.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have clarify, I want Aldon attacking as OLB from different areas... send him up the middle... see what happens... a lot of his Mizz youtube clips are of him doing the stutter step inside anyhoots...

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to move Aldon around, send him outside, up the middle, stunts with d lineman, line him up with his hand on the ground. Fangio has got to find creative ways to use him. He has the potential to be dominant if we mix things up with him.

* honestly did not read your post until after I wrote this. Calamity good points. lol

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should have clarify, I want Aldon attacking as OLB from different areas... send him up the middle... see what happens... a lot of his Mizz youtube clips are of him doing the stutter step inside anyhoots...

You're right. Aldon is extremely versatile, he is perhaps just as strong, if not stronger rushing from a 1-3 tech as he is rushing from a 5-7 tech.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to move Aldon around, send him outside, up the middle, stunts with d lineman, line him up with his hand on the ground. Fangio has got to find creative ways to use him. He has the potential to be dominant if we mix things up with him.

* honestly did not read your post until after I wrote this. Calamity good points. lol

That's great! you make me seem smarter!!!! :tea: