• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you guys think we do this year?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From another board:

Chick fil a
I am telling you now to temper your expectations and excitement for WVU. I am calling it now. It will be a repeat of the VA Tech game. They will stack the box and we will struggle to run the ball. This will obviously hamper play action pass. I think we will experiment and continue to try to run the ball with limited success. We will win but it will not be pretty. Take WVU and the 28, just sayin.

I would be worried if this were to actually happen (i don't expect that to happen). WVU is not and will not be = in terms of coaching/depth/talent as VT was in the front 7 last year. VT was 10th in the country in rush defense last season as opposed to WVU at 91st. That rush defense was also supported by one of the best secondaries in the country. I would be more worried about their offense isolating my big LBs in space and what my young secondary, that struggled at times in coverage last year, will look like vs Holgerson's O. If Bama's oline struggles in that game the way they did against Bud Foster's front 7 then I would be extremely worried.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be worried if this were to actually happen (i don't expect that to happen). WVU is not and will not be = in terms of coaching/depth/talent as VT was in the front 7 last year. VT was 10th in the country in rush defense last season as opposed to WVU at 91st. That rush defense was also supported by one of the best secondaries in the country. I would be more worried about their offense isolating my big LBs in space and what my young secondary, that struggled at times in coverage last year, will look like vs Holgerson's O. If Bama's oline struggles in that game the way they did against Bud Foster's front 7 then I would be extremely worried.

Yeah, I'm really not thinking it's going to anything like the VT game myself. I think one thing that's going to help is the Bama D line is probably gonna be the best since Saban's been here. If they can get to Trickett, and I think they will, it's really gonna help the secondary and cover some of the mental mistakes that bound to be made this early in the season. I think the O will be fine and utilizing Fowler as the fullback should help in pass blocking and gives us even another option in the run and pass game should the O-line take some time to gel. Not to mention, Howard is gonna be a match up nightmare for them. Just dump the ball to him, Cooper or a RB and watch them run over their D lol. :hope:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 11-2 with losses to Ole Miss and LSU(we will win the bowl game). 15-0 at best.

Ole Miss has a bye week and a warmup game(Memphis) before Bama.

Bama has a bye week before Ole Miss, but Im not sure if its going to help much early in the season. Hopefully we have decent QB play by then.

LSU will be tough as always, this year will probably be a 13-10 like game. I hope we go undefeated, but with the major losses at QB and LB it's hard to project. I do think we make it to one of the BIG6 bowls. Probably the Cotton vs. Oklahoma State or Oregon. I'm not sure how the bowl ties work with the new format.

But I look forward to an exciting 2014 season, as I'm sure the rest of you do as well.

not bad for a June prediction :dance:

We EXCEEDED my expectations, which is AWWWESSSOOOOOMEEEE :yahoo:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we go undefeated. A lot will depend on what Coker can do when he comes in this August and what the Freshmen are able to do and which ones start right out of the gate. I think a loss to Ole Miss is very likely, but it will also depend how tough of a game Florida gives us and if they're the Florida of 5 years ago or the Florida of last year.

LSU will be tough as always, but they too lost a lot and have a few question marks and by then hopefully Coker (or whoever our QB ends up being) will have settled in and adjusted. I'll say 11-1 with a trip to the SEC CG and into the playoffs. Beyond that, who knows.

Not bad I'm on part...never expected Sims to be leading us to the SEC CG but oh well :dance:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC champs! Roll Tide!