• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you guys think we do this year?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to make a trip over to P'ville Alabama today for 3 month check-up. Doc is a big Bama fan with a little inside info. Jacob Coker is makin' em all say "AJ who?"

:laugh3:

Keep em coming

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barners gettin scurred. :nod:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scurred and Scarred is no way to go through life son.

From TiderInsider:

"Since the question about which newcomers "look good" in summer workouts continuously pops up, here's a few of the players that we've been receiving favorable feedback on. Keep in mind that it's way early to start formulating firm opinions, but one source who saw several of the previous incoming classes when they arrived for summer workouts thinks this group as a whole is extra special in terms of athletic ability and attitude. Some of the comments below we previously posted, but it's feedback we continue hearing.
QB Jacob Coker -- As posted a week or so ago, those who have seen him in the 7-on-7 work have been thoroughly impressed with his size, arm strength and accuracy. Seems to be blending in very well with the other players. One prominent high school coach who recently watched Coker in 7-on-7 told TI that Coker was extremely impressive delivering accurate bullets in one recent workout.

OLs Ross Pierschbacher, Josh Casher, JC Hassenauer and Dominick Jackson -- As one current DL has supposedly remarked, you never know until they get into pads, but all four of these guys have been impressive in the drill work (again, something we noted here a week ago). Pierschbacher and Jackson are both physically impressive. Casher's footwork has thoroughly impressed. Its tough to pinpoint exact positions right now. But Casher and Hassenauer are interior players. Pierschbacher is expected to be an interior player. Jackson could play guard or tackle, probably on both sides. Again, keep in mind that until pads go on, nothing matters.

DL Da'Shawn Hand -- Hand's impressive physical stature and athleticism have been mentioned several times.

LB Rashaan Evans -- As previously noted, his combination of work ethic, athleticism, speed, strength, desire are all impressive. In an earlier post a few weeks ago, we noted that Evans came around 225. Word has been circulating for weeks that he made a good first impression in the weightroom by blowing up 225 for 25 reps.

CB Tony Brown -- Given that he was here in the spring, Brown isn't one of the summer newcomers. But his name has come up several times for his work ethic. Has great athletic ability and sounds like the work ethic and desire to be the best has also impressed."

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna fucking own it this year guys.

Jacob Coker with our WR core and stable of running backs, should be damn near unstoppable.

Linebacker will take a small step back this year, but the secondary should be improved with Landon Collins leading the way and the addition of Tony Brown in with the CB's, lots of drooling over him, should be legit from the git-go. And I just creamed in my britches thinking about our DL this year, should have a pass rush like we ain't seen in a while.

The schedule is pretty easy, Auburn looks to be the toughest team. LSU is going to be down this year, I'm predicting them to lose 4. Also not buying Ole Miss, just can't.

I could maybe see 1 loss at the very worst, but I don't think we lose to Auburn again. We should be pissed for that game, and they know they got lucky anyway.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crimson crystal ball shows a low-scoring, close game loss, (I'd guess to LSU), but there's just no way in hell we aren't in that CFP and rolling to #16.

We've all ready how dominant this defensive front is going to be and I see Lane Kiffin installing another dimension to the offense that will make Jacob Coker a stud from day one. You couldn't fix the season any better: The 1st College Football Playoff Championship Game...#1 Florida State vs. #2 Alabama...Winston vs. Coker.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My insiders are telling me that this team is full of selfish players, thugs and several of them in rehab. From what I'm hearing, I'm expecting the dissension that plagued the team last year to be worse this year. I hope I'm wrong but my insiders are usually very accurate.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My insiders are telling me that this team is full of selfish players, thugs and several of them in rehab. From what I'm hearing, I'm expecting the dissension that plagued the team last year to be worse this year. I hope I'm wrong but my insiders are usually very accurate.

That sucks, I hope they are wrong.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will-Smith.gif

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your insiders need to calm their tits...:omg::wtf2:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Atticus:

Good evening gentlemen. Sorry so late. Had a few issues to resolve post scrimmage. Great day for football today. I am guessing that some on this site will send one of the TLDR responses, but I hope this update is helpful.
First off, this was a scrimmage that was obviously designed to work on the passing game. Our 3 featured backs each had 5 or fewer carries on the day. I will preface by saying we are all fortunate to be experiencing this time in Bama football. I would not trade our current roster/coaching staff with any other if given the opportunity. As for today, here goes:

Special teams- Very much a bright spot today. Griff was 5/5-kicks from 50, 45, 38, 37, and 32. JK Scott made a short one late in the scrimmage from 30. Griff had 2 kickoffs both into the end zone. JK scott is a very talented punter- had a few kicks that wowed the crowd; one off the side of his foot that probably netted 45 has after roll. The kid is probably 6'5" and weighs 150 soaking wet, but has a very big leg.

Offense.
QB- Sims won the day today. He is playing faster and making quicker decisions likely due to his familiarity with the personnel/etc. Had a 40 yd TD pass to Coop that was slightly under thrown. Coop was so open he simply stopped and waited on the ball to arrive. Blake probably had the most impressive throw of the day- a 40 yard strike to Cam sims on a post route-tackled at the 1 yd line. Was picked off twice- one in red zone by Marlon on a pass to Chris Black- not a bad throw, but better play by Marlon. The second was by Mo Smith on a very bad throw into double coverage. Made a few plays with his feet as you would expect. Big plays were against second D.- Blake has obviously put in some work on becoming a better pocket passer. Unfortunately still has difficulty going through progressions if primary receiver not open. Very dependent on #9.
Coker- passes the eye test. Big, strong, prototypical pro-style guy. Good footwork and pocket presence. Seemed to play with a great deal of anxiety/indecisiveness today. Has all of the physical tools to be successful in our style of offense. I guess this is not unexpected in a guy that has been on campus/with these receivers/this offense for 3 months. If the light turns on for this guy, he could be dangerous. Throws a very nice deep ball-very reminiscent of Brodie. It seems to me he simply needs more time. If he is not the started by the time the Gators get to town, it will be because he simply has not grasped the offense. Had a 65 yd TD throw to Drake on the second series of the scrimmage. Play was a wheel route. Reuben was given the task of man coverage on drake out of the backfield- no contest- he was 5 yards behind foster when the pass was thrown. Coker had 1 pick that I recall- was a pick 6 to Cyrus on a ball that was batted in the air at the line.
Bateman/Morris/Cornwell- all ran with the 2's/3's. All had a few good throws. Inconsistent. Cornwell no longer wearing knee brace-next to Coker, has strongest arm of the QB's. Will compete with Barnett later in his career for PT.

RB-top 3 RB had 5 carries or less each. It goes without saying Drake is a very dangerous weapon. He is a matchup nightmare. Nothing to report on TJ/Henry due to lack of carries/etc. Tyren Jones led team in rushing. He was running with the 1's in goal line- Very compact. Hits hole hard but has quick burst to outside if nothing available inside. Nudie used solely as blocker today. Tenpenny lost in mix.

TE- Vogler did not participate. Dakota Ball filled his role. Ball is an effective blocker and physical at point of attack, but not a threat in the passing game. OJ caught a few, but still somewhat underutilized in todays scrimmage. Had one seam route that he ran right past the safety, but blake missed the throw. Ty smith had a TD in goal line on a blown coverage by Rashann Evans (Lets just say CNS was in Rashaan's ear after the play).

WR- Very deep talent pool. Unfortunately due to poor offensive rhythm today, play was inconsistent. The WR were somewhat to blame. Had a ton of dropped balls today- not helping the QB's. D white made a great move on an out and up route- Coker threw a 40 yd dart that D white simply dropped. Coop had a few catches and looked good. Early in scrimmage, he had 10 yard catch and fumbled trying to make YAC- limped off field- rode stationary bike remainder of scrimmage- jogged off after scrimmage- looks like bruised knee. Of the young guys- Kief will redshirt. Cam Sims will play this year in mop up duty if nothing else. He has passed Falkins, Big physical kid that high points the ball well and not afraid to make catches over the middle. ArDarius Stewart will fill Christion Jones role next season and will play mop up duty this year. Probably the most improved guy in the receiving corp.

OL- Starting 5 were same as all camp. This group must get more physical at point of attack. If Leon Brown is healthy, I would expect him to regain his spot at RG back. Shank is a big body, but may still be a year away. Expect some growing pains with Cam Robinson. This should not be unexpected with a true FR at LT. he is obviously a special talent, but will take time to reach potential. He will be fine early with run blocking. In 3rd and long/obvious passing situations, he will require help from running back if facing a true speed rusher a la the kid from Oklahoma. His play will require some patience from all of us- however, if he stays healthy, he is a future 1st round talent.
Of the young guys- Piersbacher will not redshirt and will play this year. Grant Hill had a decent day with the 2's.

DLine- Could end up being the strength of the team. When watching these scrimmages, I try not to over-react. However, DJ Pettway is an absolute beast. We have no O lineman on this team that can keep him out of the backfield. He is very explosive and has added "good weight" since his first stent with the Tide. Also holds point of attack well against the run. John Allen is a beast as well. Very strong/explosive off of the line/punishing tackler. Dalvin finally healthy and will have a spot in the rotation as well. True Freshman Frazier is a big physical kid that I think may end up seeing meaningful PT as the season progresses. Jarran Reed working his way back into the rotation. Also will be a force on the DL. A'Shawn will be back at practice this week. Scary group for opposing OL. Hand is buried on the depth chart as of now, but as he gains experience, will be and all SEC type guy- unbelievable first step for a guy of 275LB

LB- In base D- Reggie and Reuben in middle. Devall at Jack and Lee at Sam. In nickel- becoming primary formation- Trey at Mike, Reggie at Will, Devall/Dickson at Jack. Jarrick at Star. Sean Hamilton saw meaningful snaps today. A bit undersized for the typical Saban LB, but very high football IQ. Very rarely out of position. Reuben's knowledge of defense has improved greatly. He is no longer simply the 'see ball-get ball heat seeking missile'. Still very physical tackler, but now seems to be keeping head up when tackling. Pass coverage better but not yet an every down LB. Trey has picked up a little "bad weight" with his injury that was hampering his mobility- needs to drop a few pounds before SEC play. Reggie had a good scrimmage today and will be a solid backer. Rashaan is very quick/explosive coming off the edge-played only against 2/3's. Does not have grasp of D at this time- will likely be special teams/mop up duty until he does-When he gets grasp of the D- watch out- this guy will be a good one.

DB- I know most on here will not want to hear this but Cyrus will start the season at corner. He has obviously put in some offseason work. He was not out of position on any play in the scrimmage. The 1st team D did not give up more that 1-2 explosive plays-none against Cyrus. He had pick 6 on batted ball. Was very physical with WR in bump coverage. Both corners benefitted today from a very aggressive pass rush-Pettway/Allen/Tomlinson/Hand/Reed/Frazier/Ivory/Lake/Devall/Dickson.
Sylve at the other corner- very solid today.
Tony Brown will compete for starting spot before the year is up. Marlon needs to add a little weight but cover skills look good- had a nice pick of sims in red zone situation while covering Chris Black.
At safety- Landon Collins, barring injury, will be the top safety in the nation. Very explosive, Fantastic in run support today. Making all of the calls on the back end. Nick Perry was the other safety. Jarrick was the star in nickel. In dime, Mo Smith is the 6th DB. Geno looked good in warmups- looked like he could have played but was held out.

All in all- a tired team today. We as fans have much to be excited about. I expect the team we see against WV will be much improve by the time Florida gets to BDS. Hope all of you have a great season. See you in Atlanta in 2 weeks. RTR!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reaction on the entire offense based on that: SHITTTTTTTT

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going by this report it sounds like Clint Trickett will have sweaty balls in his face all day in Atlanta August 30th :nod:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going by this report it sounds like Clint Trickett will have sweaty balls in his face all day in Atlanta August 30th :nod:

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see this D-line this season.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From another board:

Attended Saturday scrimmage..insight for what it is worth
I have been a high school official for 24 years and played ball so I think I have a little insight. Take it for what it is worth, one mans opinion.

The good.

Kicking game was a huge surprise and success. Punting and place kicking was very solid.

The bad or the good.

O-line play was horrible with the exception of Austin Shepherd. I think part of it is our D-line in going to be incredible. Pettway and Allen stayed in the backfield and schooled the freshman left Tackle Robinson. I am actually encouraged by some of the true freshman lineman. I thought Piersbacher ?sp held his on. Kelly is still getting pushed back. I think Leon brown will help. I still do not see why Arie is starting. I think you will continue to see experimentation into the first couple of games. I still wonder after having no 1 recruiting classes for 5+years why a true freshman is the first option at left tackle.
I kind of felt like maybe Cristobal, Kelly and Nuss were not always on the same page last year. I am still wondering if
Cristobal is developing the talent like Pendry did. The jury is still out. I do know from experience they have to get "the" five guys and they will need to gel.

D-line and linebacker.
I do not ever remember the depth like we have now. It seemed like we rotated 21 guys into the front 7 while never missing a beat. I honestly think we are three deep. Guys were noticeable faster and more explosive. Allen and Pettway will be monsters. and this is with Ashawn not participating. We will look better conditioned dare I say thinner. I think our guys have dedicated themselves to being ready for the HUNH. I think the defense and kicking game will keep us in games until the offense gets in sync with Kiffin, new QB and new line.

RTR,
Bamahouse

QB's
Sims still does not seem to be as accurate with the ball. I am sorry. he does seem to have a better grasp than Coker but that is to be expected. Coker has an arm as advertised. However, neither QB had time to breath much less execute. You really can not judge either with the poor line play. I thought they would put the 3rd string in to see how they could do. Not the coach though. Sims will start the WVU game and Coker and hime will swap out much like with AJ and Phillip Sims until one guy wins the job. We have that luxury until the meat of the schedule.

DB's
I think they will be better due to the d-line play. Brown and Hump bit a couple of time which is expected for true freshman. I remember Milner doing the same thing. However, i think we will be much improves and better than most people think.

Chick fil a
I am telling you now to temper your expectations and excitement for WVU. I am calling it now. It will be a repeat of the VA Tech game. They will stack the box and we will struggle to run the ball. This will obviously hamper play action pass. I think we will experiment and continue to try to run the ball with limited success. We will win but it will not be pretty. Take WVU and the 28, just sayin.