• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you guys think we do this year?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 11-2 with losses to Ole Miss and LSU(we will win the bowl game). 15-0 at best.

Ole Miss has a bye week and a warmup game(Memphis) before Bama.

Bama has a bye week before Ole Miss, but Im not sure if its going to help much early in the season. Hopefully we have decent QB play by then.

LSU will be tough as always, this year will probably be a 13-10 like game. I hope we go undefeated, but with the major losses at QB and LB it's hard to project. I do think we make it to one of the BIG6 bowls. Probably the Cotton vs. Oklahoma State or Oregon. I'm not sure how the bowl ties work with the new format.

But I look forward to an exciting 2014 season, as I'm sure the rest of you do as well.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year will be very similar to 2010... A bunch of close games, maybe a loss or 2, but still a good season topped with a bowl win. If we go 15-0, I think that would exceed most expectations. It's hard to go 12-0, much less 13-0 or 14-0. 14-0 has only been done 5 times I think... 15-0 would be Don Shula-like for ANYONE to accomplish.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we go undefeated. A lot will depend on what Coker can do when he comes in this August and what the Freshmen are able to do and which ones start right out of the gate. I think a loss to Ole Miss is very likely, but it will also depend how tough of a game Florida gives us and if they're the Florida of 5 years ago or the Florida of last year.

LSU will be tough as always, but they too lost a lot and have a few question marks and by then hopefully Coker (or whoever our QB ends up being) will have settled in and adjusted. I'll say 11-1 with a trip to the SEC CG and into the playoffs. Beyond that, who knows.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-0 National Champs! Monsters at RB,WR,TE. Improved O-line. I may be in the minority but I believe we can win with Coker, Sims or Bateman. Monsters on the d-line, monsters at linebacker. improved secondary. Roll Tide!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats me. We may be great, we may be good, but I'm pretty sure we won't be bad.

Definitely the start of a new era with the QB change. Last 2 have worked out, but having to bring in a guy from another school no matter how good he may be is a little concerning. Especially since he got injuries last year.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read from unknown source:

"I spent the last couple days with a Bama starting player. He said I could share but just didn't want his name out. So if you know me please don't mention the players name in comments.

I have been a Bama fan all my life and it was always a dream to tour the facilities and I was able to do that. Bucket list kind of stuff. I belong to 3 Bama sports sites and its good to give something back.

He said it thinks this is the best team he has been on and he's won 2 NC. He said they are united.
The team is 0 and 2 and the coaches remind them of that all the time. They get along and not much infighting or division.

Things you already know, but the Dline is going to be sick. They are so deep. He said the Oline is going to be great too. He loves the competition there. Said he believes it will be 2 deep too. He raved about one Olineman in particular but it wasn't who I expected. It’s Josh Casher. He said he may be a freshman but he will get playing time this season and will start in future at right guard or center. He said in 7 on 7 that Casher is a beast. He is hard as hell to get around. He may be 6’1 but he is so quick that he gets his hands on you fast and controls you. He’s very strong. I actually got to meet Casher Tuesday night. They had mandatory study hall from 7-9 and I was outside Bryant Hall and Casher comes walking out at 10:15. He had been writing a paper. He was super nice and is funny. He has a weird southern voice that’s hard to describe but he imitates people and is very funny. People love him. I told him my friend, that was with us, was raving about him earlier, and they started talking but basically Casher said in 7 on 7 he is mainly working on his pass blocking and if other player thinks he’s good with that then wait to you see his run blocking. I’m excited about him. Marlon Humpries came walking up and started talking to us too. I kind of freaked then but tried to be cool. Got a picture with all of them. Nothing to report on Marlon except he was playing pool the next day and was talking trash with other players over pool. They play pool all the time. They just goof off like they are pool champ and if you win you control the table. All good fun. But they need to replace the felt on pool tables and get new sticks. So if anyone reading this with connections get it done. It’s ridiculous those pool tables don’t look brand new every week. I know players wear them out fast but who cares. They play every day. Recruits see that. Shouldn’t be coming apart.

OJ Smith was watching players play pool and he just smiles and is very friendly. Like a big kid. He is huge but of course it’s not good weight. He is going to require 2 blockers in a couple years though.
D Henry came in pool room and I got pic with him. I didn’t ask for pics with all the players I met because didn’t want to be a dork but I had to with a few. Anyway, D Henry looks like a giant next to me. I’m 5’11 and just looked like a mouse. He was very quiet.
Also, met and talked to Robert Foster. He looks game ready. Muscular. Going to be future star. No Homo but Foster is very nice looking with great smile, just like Marlon. Those 2 are just going to be beating off the women. I say that because some of those players are ugly. LOL OK enough of that.
DJ Pettway is a beast. Very grateful to be back and very humbled. Said he was in a bad place leading up to the trouble and that was the worst. When you go from Bama to JUCO and the team can barely afford water you know how good you had it. He let the team, his family and fans down and regrets it more than anything. He is doing everything he is suppose to do and that experience has made him a better person. I really liked meeting and talking to him. Very Humble. Players all love him.
His JUCO teammate J Reed is a beast as well and will start if he does the things he’s suppose to do. Let’s just say he isn’t in JUCO anymore and he’s starting to realize that. Reed is very loud, very charismatic. Just like Rueben Foster, who I met as well. I wanted a pic with him bad but we were in the locker room and players everywhere so I didn’t want to ask but I regret it now.
Saw Tony Brown laying on the couch, which are these leather sectionals, and he was watching TV. Another player comes up messing with him lifting up his section likes he’s going to tip it over. Being playful. Was good to see. I met Tony and said “How’s your Dad doing?” He looked at me like “who the hell is this guy”? That look my kids friends give me when they think I know their parents, but I just know about the stroke and story because of sites like this. Anyway, he said his Dad was good. I said I’m sure he enjoyed seeing you Aday and what a exciting moment it was when he committed on TV. He just said it was great and he was glad. Didn’t really say much. But I didn’t expect him too. More on him playing 2 sports in future post, but it’s very hard. He’s trying to run track and has to also complete 4th qtr program. He doesn’t get a pass on that just because he was running track. So when your legs are dead from 4th qtr program and you’re trying to jump hurdles what happens??
Wide Receivers are going to be so good that anyone could pass to them. I met all the starters and Black. My friend loves Raheem Falkins too. Said he was “the truth”.

I could write 5 more pages but will stop and write some more tomorrow. Still lots to talk about. But will leave it with Blake Sims.
Sims had a great spring according to my friend. He was hitting everything. Players love him and my friend still thinks he could start. Said A-day was messed up. Elaborated on the reasons why but I don’t feel like putting all that in to words because I wouldn’t do it justice.
Said Coker looks awesome too. Receivers really like him and he can throw. Nothing you haven’t already heard. Also, likes Bateman a lot.

Last thing. Cooper can’t be covered. He is best receiver he has seen. Was injured a little last year, as you know. Said none of our receivers are going to be covered. They are so deep and it just makes the corners better. I’ll get to them next time."

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read from unknown source:

"I spent the last couple days with a Bama starting player. He said I could share but just didn't want his name out. So if you know me please don't mention the players name in comments.

I have been a Bama fan all my life and it was always a dream to tour the facilities and I was able to do that. Bucket list kind of stuff. I belong to 3 Bama sports sites and its good to give something back.

He said it thinks this is the best team he has been on and he's won 2 NC. He said they are united.
The team is 0 and 2 and the coaches remind them of that all the time. They get along and not much infighting or division.

Things you already know, but the Dline is going to be sick. They are so deep. He said the Oline is going to be great too. He loves the competition there. Said he believes it will be 2 deep too. He raved about one Olineman in particular but it wasn't who I expected. It’s Josh Casher. He said he may be a freshman but he will get playing time this season and will start in future at right guard or center. He said in 7 on 7 that Casher is a beast. He is hard as hell to get around. He may be 6’1 but he is so quick that he gets his hands on you fast and controls you. He’s very strong. I actually got to meet Casher Tuesday night. They had mandatory study hall from 7-9 and I was outside Bryant Hall and Casher comes walking out at 10:15. He had been writing a paper. He was super nice and is funny. He has a weird southern voice that’s hard to describe but he imitates people and is very funny. People love him. I told him my friend, that was with us, was raving about him earlier, and they started talking but basically Casher said in 7 on 7 he is mainly working on his pass blocking and if other player thinks he’s good with that then wait to you see his run blocking. I’m excited about him. Marlon Humpries came walking up and started talking to us too. I kind of freaked then but tried to be cool. Got a picture with all of them. Nothing to report on Marlon except he was playing pool the next day and was talking trash with other players over pool. They play pool all the time. They just goof off like they are pool champ and if you win you control the table. All good fun. But they need to replace the felt on pool tables and get new sticks. So if anyone reading this with connections get it done. It’s ridiculous those pool tables don’t look brand new every week. I know players wear them out fast but who cares. They play every day. Recruits see that. Shouldn’t be coming apart.

OJ Smith was watching players play pool and he just smiles and is very friendly. Like a big kid. He is huge but of course it’s not good weight. He is going to require 2 blockers in a couple years though.
D Henry came in pool room and I got pic with him. I didn’t ask for pics with all the players I met because didn’t want to be a dork but I had to with a few. Anyway, D Henry looks like a giant next to me. I’m 5’11 and just looked like a mouse. He was very quiet.
Also, met and talked to Robert Foster. He looks game ready. Muscular. Going to be future star. No Homo but Foster is very nice looking with great smile, just like Marlon. Those 2 are just going to be beating off the women. I say that because some of those players are ugly. LOL OK enough of that.
DJ Pettway is a beast. Very grateful to be back and very humbled. Said he was in a bad place leading up to the trouble and that was the worst. When you go from Bama to JUCO and the team can barely afford water you know how good you had it. He let the team, his family and fans down and regrets it more than anything. He is doing everything he is suppose to do and that experience has made him a better person. I really liked meeting and talking to him. Very Humble. Players all love him.
His JUCO teammate J Reed is a beast as well and will start if he does the things he’s suppose to do. Let’s just say he isn’t in JUCO anymore and he’s starting to realize that. Reed is very loud, very charismatic. Just like Rueben Foster, who I met as well. I wanted a pic with him bad but we were in the locker room and players everywhere so I didn’t want to ask but I regret it now.
Saw Tony Brown laying on the couch, which are these leather sectionals, and he was watching TV. Another player comes up messing with him lifting up his section likes he’s going to tip it over. Being playful. Was good to see. I met Tony and said “How’s your Dad doing?” He looked at me like “who the hell is this guy”? That look my kids friends give me when they think I know their parents, but I just know about the stroke and story because of sites like this. Anyway, he said his Dad was good. I said I’m sure he enjoyed seeing you Aday and what a exciting moment it was when he committed on TV. He just said it was great and he was glad. Didn’t really say much. But I didn’t expect him too. More on him playing 2 sports in future post, but it’s very hard. He’s trying to run track and has to also complete 4th qtr program. He doesn’t get a pass on that just because he was running track. So when your legs are dead from 4th qtr program and you’re trying to jump hurdles what happens??
Wide Receivers are going to be so good that anyone could pass to them. I met all the starters and Black. My friend loves Raheem Falkins too. Said he was “the truth”.

I could write 5 more pages but will stop and write some more tomorrow. Still lots to talk about. But will leave it with Blake Sims.
Sims had a great spring according to my friend. He was hitting everything. Players love him and my friend still thinks he could start. Said A-day was messed up. Elaborated on the reasons why but I don’t feel like putting all that in to words because I wouldn’t do it justice.
Said Coker looks awesome too. Receivers really like him and he can throw. Nothing you haven’t already heard. Also, likes Bateman a lot.

Last thing. Cooper can’t be covered. He is best receiver he has seen. Was injured a little last year, as you know. Said none of our receivers are going to be covered. They are so deep and it just makes the corners better. I’ll get to them next time."

:hope:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably be the only chance you guys have.

tumblr_lehxhevOeu1qdezf9o1_400.gif

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to make a trip over to P'ville Alabama today for 3 month check-up. Doc is a big Bama fan with a little inside info. Jacob Coker is makin' em all say "AJ who?"