• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you expect/ want to see in pre-season game #2?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that a much better effort tops everyone's list after last week's disappointment. So we kind of get a do-over, and this week there's little room for"first time out" excuses. This week is a real show me game, the question is.....will they? What do you say?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first team offense have two sustained drives resulting in scores before leaving the field. I also would love to see the defense come up with at least one turnover.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mirror gk's thought ... "good solid football" .... it is a rehearsal, let's rehearse well.

We still aren't going to game plan. Just do you assignment and win your battles. Play like you want to make the squad ... even if you already have. :D

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No significant injuries. No setbacks. Synchronization between QB and receivers, between coaches and players. Clock management. Redzone opportunities. Successful redzone opportunities. Awesome celebrations after TD's.

Now for me: What I would like to see during game time.

Constant flowing of cold beverages. Awesome snacks to munch on. Synchronization between bathroom breaks and game time management. An after game celebration with wife.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more fluid game . but it is preseason so no major injuries , would be ok

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Levern Jacobs sighting would be nice. I fell asleep in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter last game so I have no idea if he got anytime. I'll keep rooting my heart but it isn't looking good.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on offense i want to see the Oline look competent ... provide some protection for Cousins ... and if given the opportunity ... block for a RB

on defense ... i want to see Preston Smith look like the 3rd year vet i hope he has become ... with Murphy down for the year we could really use his ass to step up.

on special teams ... i want to see some foaming at the mouth players who are hungry to lock up a position on this squad ... & my man Niles Paul blow someone up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Levern Jacobs sighting would be nice. I fell asleep in the 2nd half of the 4th quarter last game so I have no idea if he got anytime. I'll keep rooting my heart but it isn't looking good.
Bad news. He ain't playing saturday.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news. He ain't playing saturday.

I heard on the way home. Haven't seen him talk about, even to my nephews but I am not shocked with him at camp.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on offense i want to see the Oline look competent ... provide some protection for Cousins ... and if given the opportunity ... block for a RB

Bingo it all start in the trenches on both side of the ball. However the Oline last wk was extremely bad, just horrible especially the starters. There are other concerns but this Oline has to improve in pass and run blocking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Oline has to improve in pass and run blocking.

we are only as good as our talent ... and our talent, other then Left Tackle, has not improved in a million years ...

everyone seems sold on Mosses & Scheriff ... but i am not sold

atleast as much as the GM & coaches who must assume they can sub in Mr X Y Z RB to rush for 1K yards

earth to ashburn ... that aint happening.

and how dumb do we look for letting Alfred FUCKING Morris walk ?

Their RB is suspended the first 6 games ?

no problem ... the redskins just threw theirs out the back door of the buss

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see some enthusiasm, some energy and at least two sustained drives. Someone posted in another thread how poorly this team performs without Reed on the field. It certainly helps if,... preseason or not they're able to show that yhey can move the ball in his absence.

I'm particularly interested in the RB's and whether or not they can do some real work. There's a chance that the coaching staff is souring a bit on Perine, so this is a big game for him to show them something. After failing to move up a bit to get the very impressive Mixon,but, instead opting to get his former OU running mate, this could turn out to be a very disappointing pick if he can't beat out a very pedestrian Kelly.

QB play...Colt McCoy looked like he was playing himself out of a job last week. Another performance like that and we'll be in the market for Kirk's backup because IMHO, Sudfield is not that guy yet .....if ever.

As always, I'm keeping an eye on the place where games are won and lost.....the line play, both sides of the ball, and their abilities to do the job.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sudfeld kicking that ass and nico marley sealing the deal 2 sacks 8 tackles yeah!!!!!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are only as good as our talent ... and our talent, other then Left Tackle, has not improved in a million years ...

atleast as much as the GM & coaches who must assume they can sub in Mr X Y Z RB to rush for 1K yards

Scherff is a stud.

We don't look stupid at all for letting Morris walk. He can't catch and can't run anymore.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see some enthusiasm, some energy and at least two sustained drives. Someone posted in another thread how poorly this team performs without Reed on the field. It certainly helps if,... preseason or not they're able to show that yhey can move the ball in his absence.

I'm particularly interested in the RB's and whether or not they can do some real work. There's a chance that the coaching staff is souring a bit on Perine, so this is a big game for him to show them something. After failing to move up a bit to get the very impressive Mixon,but, instead opting to get his former OU running mate, this could turn out to be a very disappointing pick if he can't beat out a very pedestrian Kelly.

Sty please please please don't mention Mixon. I watched his first preseason game and it hurts. He looked good. I think Perine will be fine, our line as you said has to be better and you are dead on with the line play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty please please please don't mention Mixon. I watched his first preseason game and it hurts. He looked good. I think Perine will be fine, our line as you said has to be better and you are dead on with the line play.

Yeah, I watched the Bengals first game too and he really looked good. It's going to be interesting to see how Marvin Lewis handles his RB's.
I kind of atrributed Perine's fumble and dropped pass to first game jitters, but I also believe that Gruden and Co. still have a Matt Jones hangover when it comes to such things. Big game today for Perine to erase last weeks performance and push for some PT.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for the record the ravens also destroyed miami the ravens are on some sort a preseason destroy mission

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morris would be our best back right now imo.