• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do y'all think about West Virginia?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering, I haven't read much about them. I know the Neers on SportsHoopla are feeling high on their team, so just wondering what might make them think they will win in Atlanta.

:noidea:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'll come out all pumped up trying to prove something (like every team Bama plays) and will probably look alright to start out. Having said that, I figure by the start of or up to midway through the 3rd qtr. or so the talent/depth/coaching gap will start to show and the game will pretty much be decided. Could be wrong, but I don't see them as that big of a threat.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'll come out all pumped up trying to prove something (like every team Bama plays) and will probably look alright to start out. Having said that, I figure by the start of or up to midway through the 3rd qtr. or so the talent/depth/coaching gap will start to show and the game will pretty much be decided. Could be wrong, but I don't see them as that big of a threat.

This. I could see us struggling on both sides of the ball to start and then we open up a lead in the 3rd quarter and put em away. I don't see them winning.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My homerism tells me we will win but I don't think it will be pretty or convincing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect something similar to VT last year. A sloppy win.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see much hope here for West Virginia. Too much depth for Alabama will tell in the 2nd half if the game is still in doubt.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that they might open up on us quick like A&M has done the past 2 years, like 10-0 or 14-0, and then we have to survive the shitstorm. But I think depth on both sides favors us, as well as coaching. But we've seen West Virginia in games like this play very well or above their potential.

The only thing I'm worried about is defending the pass. We know its coming. So we have to stop it. But can we with the youth on the outside? They are talented, but they will be tested early.

I'm guessing 14-10 WVU at halftime, but Alabama wins 31-14 with the run game being dominant. I don't think we will score as often as we have in the past. But I do think our special teams will play a big role in this game like it did last year. Hell, without special teams, we only win 21-10. Without defense, we only win 14-10. We have to be elaborate on offense this year... Our defense will keep us in games. Our most notable losses have been the case of bad special teams play and an inefficient offense(and/or lack of diversity in play calling, i.e. Oklahoma)

I think we win regardless... but how much we win by will depend on how we do in each phase of the game. If we play 1/3 phases well, we MIGHT break 21+. 2/3, we score 31+. We play like we do in national championships... could be 40+.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect something similar to VT last year. A sloppy win.

I think it's gonna be way worse than that honestly. VT had a legit defense last season (yeah their offense was complete garbage) and I don't think WVU has fielded a D like that in a long ass time and I don't see them getting close to that this season either, especially the first game of the season. I'm about as far from a homer as a Bama fan can get :-)wink:) but with the athletes Bama's gonna have on both sides of the ball and the fact that Smart is back coaching the secondary with Saban putting even more emphasis on the position, leads me to think that WVU could play their hearts out and still lose by 14 to 21+. If it's much closer than that, Bama has big problems and this season could suck imo.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's gonna be way worse than that honestly. VT had a legit defense last season (yeah their offense was complete garbage) and I don't think WVU has fielded a D like that in a long ass time and I don't see them getting close to that this season either, especially the first game of the season. I'm about as far from a homer as a Bama fan can get :-)wink:) but with the athletes Bama's gonna have on both sides of the ball and the fact that Smart is back coaching the secondary with Saban putting even more emphasis on the position, leads me to think that WVU could play their hearts out and still lose by 14 to 21+. If it's much closer than that, Bama has big problems and this season could suck imo.

Talent wise this shouldn't even be a close game. But that was true for VT last year too.

But I have no idea. I thought 2009 would be a rebuilding year, lost coffee, new QB, etc and look at what happened.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise this shouldn't even be a close game. But that was true for VT last year too.

But I have no idea. I thought 2009 would be a rebuilding year, lost coffee, new QB, etc and look at what happened.

True. That's what I love about CFB, you never know what the hell is going to happen from one season to the next.

ForrestGump2.jpg

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of yall are giving WVU too much love. I mean this isn't Geno Smith and Steadman Baily WVU, it's Clint Tricket....lol.

They might surprise me, Idk, but I don't see them hanging for very long at all.

Bama's secondary should be improved this season, especially with Smart back in his old spot. The defensive line should also be improved this season. The only spot that we'll likely see a step back is at linebacker. Losing Mosley hurts, but we've recruited some monsters here, Ragland, Foster, DuPriest, Hamilton, you know 5 star type guys. It shouldn't take this group long to get it right. I think Trickett is gonna ahve a hard time making plays against our defense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of yall are giving WVU too much love. I mean this isn't Geno Smith and Steadman Baily WVU, it's Clint Tricket....lol.

They might surprise me, Idk, but I don't see them hanging for very long at all.

Bama's secondary should be improved this season, especially with Smart back in his old spot. The defensive line should also be improved this season. The only spot that we'll likely see a step back is at linebacker. Losing Mosley hurts, but we've recruited some monsters here, Ragland, Foster, DuPriest, Hamilton, you know 5 star type guys. It shouldn't take this group long to get it right. I think Trickett is gonna ahve a hard time making plays against our defense.

Baby-Boy-Praying.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see Saban and the staff treating this game like it's a tuneup game, the less I worry.