• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we know?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this conversation started up on another Badger message board. I thought it was a fairly interesting conversation. What do you feel comfortable saying we know about this Badger football team? I don't think this is a truly great team, gowever, I do think that there's a very good almost elite defense. I think that everyone who watches this offense knows exactly who the threats are to make big plays, yet it's still an effective offense.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that we played OSU and ASU even in their home stadiums for 60 minutes. I know that we beat the shit out of every other team we have played. I know that Melvin Gordon has the YPC in NCAA history.

The idea that we have no idea how good this team is ignores the fact that we actually have seen them play with our own eyes. And everything on the field indicates we are an elite team. Obviously, we aren't a top five team, but there is no way in hell 15 teams would be capable of beating us on a neutral field 50%+ of the time.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play 4 quarters. They rotate and get players involved and experienced. They play hard on special teams. They're learning. I am enjoying this season a lot. Not sure we're top 15. Close for sure.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that the D needs Borland on the field to keep it together.
I know that they can't take any game lightly, as they're not just going to show up and out-talent the teams they play the next few weeks.
I believe that besides OSU, they may have played the 3 weakest teams in the B1G so far this year.
I also believe that if they play their A game in every game from here on out, they won't lose. Bring anything less than their A game, and they'll be in a dog fight, and maybe even in a lot of trouble.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know list
1.) Badgers have an extremely predictable and conservative O coordinator
2.) They have one of the worst starting QB's in the NCAA. (Still don't know how he even started in HS).
3.) They no punter or Kicker
4.) Their defense is elite
5.) The D coordinator was is intelligent, and aggressive.

Overall we have a championship caliber defense with talent and coaching and the offense would be championship caliber team with just an average coordinator and QB.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that we played OSU and ASU even in their home stadiums for 60 minutes. I know that we beat the shit out of every other team we have played. I know that Melvin Gordon has the YPC in NCAA history.

The idea that we have no idea how good this team is ignores the fact that we actually have seen them play with our own eyes. And everything on the field indicates we are an elite team. Obviously, we aren't a top five team, but there is no way in hell 15 teams would be capable of beating us on a neutral field 50%+ of the time.

:laugh3: Take the red shades off and stop drinking the Kool-Aid.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know list
1.) Badgers have an extremely predictable and conservative O coordinator
2.) They have one of the worst starting QB's in the NCAA. (Still don't know how he even started in HS).
3.) They no punter or Kicker
4.) Their defense is elite
5.) The D coordinator was is intelligent, and aggressive.

Overall we have a championship caliber defense with talent and coaching and the offense would be championship caliber team with just an average coordinator and QB.

I think some of Ludwig's conservatism comes from the lack of playmakers he has to work with. Everyone, every week knows exactly who they have to focus their secondary to covering. Not many other receivers get many targets. Guys like Pedersen and Arneson need to be used more often to attack the middle. This isn't a loaded offense in terms of talent. I think Ludwig is doing just fine.

I go back and forth about Stave. He's just not consistent enough. Rather than being a multi year starter, I hope he's at most a stop gap.

Agree with you about the defense as well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of Ludwig's conservatism comes from the lack of playmakers he has to work with. Everyone, every week knows exactly who they have to focus their secondary to covering. Not many other receivers get many targets. Guys like Pedersen and Arneson need to be used more often to attack the middle. This isn't a loaded offense in terms of talent. I think Ludwig is doing just fine.

I go back and forth about Stave. He's just not consistent enough. Rather than being a multi year starter, I hope he's at most a stop gap.

Agree with you about the defense as well.

No, Ludwig is notorious for being one of the most conservative O coordinators NCAA. Feel free to talk to any of the fans from the previous teams he's been on. You seen what his conservative 3 and out's got us today? Instead of winning by 3-4 TD's it almost came down to another nail biting hail Mary in the end. I was unimpressed with the defense in the last 2 possessions as well. They shut it down and went to prevent defense which almost gave up 2 straight TD's. This play calling reminds me so much of the Packers.

I agree to an extent that this team lacks WR threats outside of White, Abby and Ped. However, Fredrickson seems like a capable #2 but rarely is thrown the rock or if it is thrown to him it's 20 miles off.

We need to win these games by significant points for style points to be BCS eligible (which doesn't matter since whoever we face we will lose with Stave at the Helm). The only reason he starts is because of his size and strong arm. Other than that he does very little well and is mostly below average in every category to measure a QB.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't obvious before it is now blatantly obvious after today's game that the three players that are holing us back & have been all season are Doe, Stave an Southward. Doe with his drops, fumbles, an lack of communication on returns. Stave with being so inept he can't make the simplest throws to players open by 5-15 yards, having no mobility, fumbling basic snaps, an having the speed of a tortoise. Southward was supposed to be the only solid and known vet in the secondary yet he's the worst player in this young fresh-soph group. He can't cover, is always late, misses more tackles than any other player and makes dumb penalties. If these three continue to start then they will continue to be the ball an chain sinking us down vs the elite opponents.

My solution is to simply replace them. Make Caputo the full time starter at Safety to replace South, replace Stave with Phillips, and bump Duckworth up to the #2 WR an utilize either Shelton, White or Abby in the return game. Problem solved and we would be in the running for the Nat Champ game if these were the starters from week ONE. Obviously the only way any of these things happen is an injury and I will never wish that on any player despite how much they are holding this team back.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't obvious before it is now blatantly obvious after today's game that the three players that are holing us back & have been all season are Doe, Stave an Southward. Doe with his drops, fumbles, an lack of communication on returns. Stave with being so inept he can't make the simplest throws to players open by 5-15 yards, having no mobility, fumbling basic snaps, an having the speed of a tortoise. Southward was supposed to be the only solid and known vet in the secondary yet he's the worst player in this young fresh-soph group. He can't cover, is always late, misses more tackles than any other player and makes dumb penalties. If these three continue to start then they will continue to be the ball an chain sinking us down vs the elite opponents.

My solution is to simply replace them. Make Caputo the full time starter at Safety to replace South, replace Stave with Phillips, and bump Duckworth up to the #2 WR an utilize either Shelton, White or Abby in the return game. Problem solved and we would be in the running for the Nat Champ game if these were the starters from week ONE. Obviously the only way any of these things happen is an injury and I will never wish that on any player despite how much they are holding this team back.

Replacing Stave with Phillips is downright absurd. We would have the most predictable offense in college football if we did that.

Does Stave miss pretty badly on some throws? Sure, but at least he gives us a vertical threat with Abbrederis. Have you seen Phillips try and throw a long ball? No...because he can't. As sad as it might sound, we need Stave right now because he does give us an added dimension and makes defenses think twice about loading the box.

If we're talking next year though, I do think it'll be interesting to see if Stave or Houston will be the starter next year. Houston has a big arm, so it'll be interesting to see who wins that QB battle in the off-season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome toucan. No need to worry about what GreatDayne posts, he's already proven he's the board idiot. In fact, if he goes away, please don't call other boards and let them know he's missing.