• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What did you guys think about the game?

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions? What needs to be done.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense and Special Teams looked good. The offense will be better, expect to see a lot less position substitution on the line and QB. With the way we were swapping players the offense didn't have a chance to get in a rythum. I'm not too worried right now but if we look as confused against Penn St as we did against Kent St then I will be very worried.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope, and think, that we will be operating at a more manageable state against Penn St. To me this game against Kent St was simple one thing. A real game to get an answer. We have another monstrous 1-2 punch at RB and we did not really use that in this game like we could have. A-Mac will be the guy, but he will be trusted in the same manner that G-Mac was trusted with the ball. He isn't ready to carry this team, but he is ready to run the offense.

Defense. Defense. Defense.

This year's defense will be what we lean on. I trust the staff will treat this team, in many ways, the same as they did in 09'. When you break it down to it's core elements this team is very similar to that team. The parts are different in a few places, but the overall feel is the same. We just have to have heads up play at the QB position. I think we can make that happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some are saying the QB competition isnt over but from what i saw McCarron is the clear choice. P. Sims is a great backup but still needs time. I dont know if he doesnt know the playbook thoroughly or just young nerves but he seems to lock onto WRs more. Saban said the competition is on going but i think that is coach speak and i would be surprised if we went into Happy Valley trading off every 3 series again.

The OLINE was not dominant but i am going to give it another game before i judge bc they were shifting players around so much im not sure you can even render a fair critique.

Guys that i were impressed with were:
Trey Depriest - really got after and looked really impressive.

C. Kouandjio - the guy looked huge walking out of the tunnel pre game and despite some missed assignments still did well for a first game.

Dre K - a few of the CBs gave up some plays but Dre was consistantly dominant the entire game.

E Lacy - we knew he could run but he also did a great job of catching the ball and running with his blocks.

Deandrew White - not a good returnman but shown he can be an added weapon at WR.

Its hard to judge our dline against this competition but they all seemed to get a good push Dial and the Aussie looking to be great additions to step in and do work.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you here BIH, I am kinda' with you except I am not sure PS got a fair shake they were juking the line around before he came in and that had a huge effect on his play. IMO

Truth is they need to finalize the Oline and let them Jell period.(IMO)I like the team playing with intensity from start to finish of each play more than worry about some miss step, those will clear themselves sooner than later.

It's a great day and fun week heading back to hallowed ground in Happy Valley this Saturday.

RTR!!!

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a bit worried that we didn't run the ball more effectively. AJ is clearly the guy we need to start, and I hope CNS just names him the man this week, but I don't expect it. I think we are in for a very tough game in Happy Valley this week, and I sure as hell don't wanna play 2 qbs up there.
I though the D looked outstanding. This unit is gonna be very special.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was a bit worried that we didn't run the ball more effectively. AJ is clearly the guy we need to start, and I hope CNS just names him the man this week, but I don't expect it. I think we are in for a very tough game in Happy Valley this week, and I sure as hell don't wanna play 2 qbs up there.
I though the D looked outstanding. This unit is gonna be very special.

I sure as hell hope we don't play two QBs as well. Saban noted that he would do whatever gave us the best chance to win. Well, running two QBs isn't looking like the best chance to Bama Nation.

Red Elephant101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we would probably be better off against PSU letting Blake Sims run the wild Elephant 100% of the time and control that clock.