• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What did the 82, 87, & 91 Redskins have in common?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't get that line of thinking. The whole have faith b because he is the GM. If you have no opinion that's fine. But what I would do does not have to agree with. The gm. If we are all so unqualified why even have an opinion which is what we are expressing here nothing more

It's okay to have an opinion. It's quite another to think your opinion is as qualified and informed as someone like McCloughan's. If you're matching wits with a twit like Cerrato, that's another story. McCloughan is a whole other bag of beans. And you seem to think you can go toe-to-toe with him. Call me crazy, but I'm just a bit skeptical on that.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for opinions, we all have them. One opinion I have relates to the Redskins view of the RG position. Can't seem to make that out. But, despite my opinion, I'll trust or defer to Scot on that one. When someone "trusts" another, there's some element of blind faith in that. There can be reasons for that, and with Scot, it's because of his track record and expertise. Thus, while I've an opinion on the RG spot, I'm not going to claim that my opinion is on par with his. He might be wrong and I may be right when all is said and done. If so, that will be one factor that will inform issues of trusting him going forward. Will that mean I'll stop trusting him? No, because not everyone is perfect. If, however, he develops a Cerrato-like pattern of screw ups, that's a whole different story.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay to have an opinion. It's quite another to think your opinion is as qualified and informed as someone like McCloughan's. If you're matching wits with a twit like Cerrato, that's another story. McCloughan is a whole other bag of beans. And you seem to think you can go toe-to-toe with him. Call me crazy, but I'm just a bit skeptical on that.

Exactly. What is frustrating in arguing with Shark is even when he has been proven wrong time and time again he fails to budge. Several of us have posted the stats, the majority of starting offensive line in the league were not drafted in the first 2 rounds. The Eagles OL is another example. But of course he blows off the facts as he continues to act as if he is smarter than the pros.

If he wants to qualify his response by pointing out his comment said "day one starters" then he has just confirmed that he is looking for the quick fix which is NEVER the best long term strategy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the thing, IM matching wits with YOU. We are both expressing our opinion and your fall back is... well I will just go with what ever McCloughan does and agree with it. NO ones opinion is above reproach, and no matter WHO he picks, I guarantee some one will question it.

And if McCloughan trades down, takes a pass rusher and we some how DONT manage to draft anything more than backups for the O-line any one would question that line of reasoning that actually follows this team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. What is frustrating in arguing with Shark is even when he has been proven wrong time and time again he fails to budge. Several of us have posted the stats, the majority of starting offensive line in the league were not drafted in the first 2 rounds. The Eagles OL is another example. But of course he blows off the facts as he continues to act as if he is smarter than the pros.

If he wants to qualify his response by pointing out his comment said "day one starters" then he has just confirmed that he is looking for the quick fix which is NEVER the best long term strategy.

How is this looking for a quick fix?? We have just agreed to pick up the option on an injury prone QB with one of the worst right sides of an O-line in the league. And you think it would be prudent to draft backups to these guys?? The more I read what you guys are saying, the more I start to hope Mariota is some how there and we just draft him. That would at least be more of a long term pick than a situational pass rusher and a backup O-lineman when we in fact dont really have starters.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, IM matching wits with YOU. We are both expressing our opinion and your fall back is... well I will just go with what ever McCloughan does and agree with it. NO ones opinion is above reproach, and no matter WHO he picks, I guarantee some one will question it.

And if McCloughan trades down, takes a pass rusher and we some how DONT manage to draft anything more than backups for the O-line any one would question that line of reasoning that actually follows this team.

Wrong. You are taking issue with McCloughan. And, quite frankly, you've got quite an arrogant view that you can match wits with him. But to each his own.

McCloughan is, of course, human and can make mistakes. But until he's show to be the next Cerrato, his opinion deserves deference.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. You are taking issue with McCloughan. And, quite frankly, you've got quite an arrogant view that you can match wits with him. But to each his own.

The GM hasnt MADE a pick yet. SO if anything IM questioning and taking issue with what YOU think he should do. YOU have made it abundantly clear that YOUR opinion has been we should trade the pick, failing that we should take some one other than the player i have been lobbying for. Your fall back has been well I trust McCloughan. My opinion has been that the team needs are obvious. Now unless YOUR name is Scot McCloughan, you can not say I am taking issue with something he has not even done yet. And you cant really think that it would be best for this team to bring in backups for the O-line when in fact we need starters.

Side note. for all those claiming I want the quick fix... explain to me exactly what the mantra of we need MORE pass rushers is if not a quick fix considering the fact that we have not even brought in a single O-lineman, and yet 90% of what we have done this off season has been geared towards the defense?? If anything we have been pitching the quick fix on the defense, and drafting another pass rusher will simply reinforce that.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM hasnt MADE a pick yet. SO if anything IM questioning and taking issue with what YOU think he should do. YOU have made it abundantly clear that YOUR opinion has been we should trade the pick, failing that we should take some one other than the player i have been lobbying for. Your fall back has been well I trust McCloughan. My opinion has been that the team needs are obvious. Now unless YOUR name is Scot McCloughan, you can not say I am taking issue with something he has not even done yet. And you cant really think that it would be best for this team to bring in backups for the O-line when in fact we need starters.

Side note. for all those claiming I want the quick fix... explain to me exactly what the mantra of we need MORE pass rushers is if not a quick fix considering the fact that we have not even brought in a single O-lineman, and yet 90% of what we have done this off season has been geared towards the defense?? If anything we have been pitching the quick fix on the defense, and drafting another pass rusher will simply reinforce that.

No, you've missed the issue yet again. While McCloughan hasn't made a pick yet, the reason why I -- and just about every other rational person -- defer to him is due to his prior track record and expertise. He's done that with three teams and has earned the reputation, as reflected by a recent poll, as the league's top GM. It is against this well-deserved background of acclaim that you are contending that his opinion on NFL personnel and the draft is not better than yours. How you think his reputation begins with a clean slate because he's not made one pick with the Redskins is beyond me.