• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What defines a close game: Opinions?

What defines a close game?

• 9 or less

• 7 or less

• 3 or less

Results are only viewable after voting.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 TD or less. If your team beats another by one TD or less, you cannot claim you "boat raced" anyone. It's the rules.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^ Went with the 3 and under as I tend to agree with this rationale in general.

Sooo... the NEXT question (or poll), on the flip side, is what REALLY constitutes a ROUT??? :heh:
Heard an old basketball coach's take on this years ago when he was asked about balancing an out of district schedule that was too hard with one that was too easy. His take was that if you played a game within 15 points and neither team had to pull their starters out to prevent a rout, the game was good and both teams benefitted from it. If either team had to pull off, neither team got a whole lot out of it...at least as far as preparing for their district went. Editorial...he considered starters as the top 8 players.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then may I say that the federal government should every week take the points from the winning teams and redistribute them so that there are no blowouts, by any definition. It's only fair. I could call out a poster if it helps make the list.

I don't have final say, but I think you just made the list.
What say you @outofyourmind