• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What brand of holster do you use for CC?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I've been pretty happy with the Alpha from Blue Dogs but after playing around with a buddy's Clinger ATOM holster I decided to order one for myself. I have to say that nowhere will you ever find a higher quality holster for $30. The belt clip is in the perfect spot and I love the adjustability of the ride height as I'm fickle when it comes to that. I really wasn't in the market for a holster but figured for $30 what the hell.

Atom Clinger Holster | Clinger Holsters

Can't recommend this enough. Check one out. You won't be disappointed.
Just clicked and they are on sale for $19.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an unbelievable deal. I'm telling you, no kidding at all, the quality is top notch. Just really good craftsmanship.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of holsters... anyone have any experience with the Remora/Sticky brand holsters? I'm thinking about picking one up for those gameday-Sundays where I lounge in sweatpants all day haha.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I picked up a Remora #10 for the P07 a while back. More as a curiosity than a serious option. I can honestly say that it has replaced my other holsters for most things. I'll continue to use the Atom for any classes or extended range sessions, I think, but as far as every day carry? I'm in utter awe of how well these things work for me so far.

Pros:
1. $25 Shipped.
2. It really doesn't require a belt. I can wear this with sweat pants.
3. Doesn't move once in place unless you move it.
4. Insanely comfortable material. Soft(ish).
5. Completely adjustable for ride height and cant without messing with screws or loops or clips.

Cons:
1. Reholstering requires the removal of the holster.

While I wouldn't recommend going to the store or out and about with the gun in a pair of sweat pants using this holster I do think it's possible. It works that well. What I have been doing is wearing jeans/dockers with an elastic dress belt (no idea why I even have one of those but I do) that just keeps things a little more snug. it's entirely possible that I don't need this but I've been doing it. Probably for my peace of mind more than actually needing to. It's insane really. Shouldn't work this good.

The drawback is reholstering. I hear from fans of these holsters that reholstering isn't important. Well, it's not "as" important as securing the firearm and the draw stroke, but it "is" important. If you use your firearm in self-defense in public you need to get the gun holstered quickly to avoid looking like the aggressor. What I've been doing at the range is simply this: Draw from concealment, shoot (say, double taps), decock and ride the hammer back into my pants beside the holster. This is less safe if you are using a striker fired gun like a Glock 19 or M&P since you have no hammer to ride back into the pants. It's what I've been doing. Not what I recommend though. It might be best to simply lay the gun down after a shooting and make sure the area is clear before reholstering.

I'm pretty impressed. To say the least.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an unbelievable deal. I'm telling you, no kidding at all, the quality is top notch. Just really good craftsmanship.
The deal is still going on I just ordered one for my S&W M&P 45c.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal is still going on I just ordered one for my S&W M&P 45c.
I finally got the holster yesterday which took over a month.

1. Fits the gun perfectly.
2. Simple to use but a belt is a must or the draw is difficult at best.
3. It's hard plastic and I would have preferred leather but for the price it's a bargain.

Probably will purchase a leather holster at some point.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a video on the Remora. That might be the most comfortable option.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a video on the Remora. That might be the most comfortable option.
The Remora is what has been keeping my excellent Atom in the dresser drawer. It's just insanely comfortable. I have worn it around the house in sweat pants/gym shorts with just a draw string but I do still wear a belt when I'm out and about. Maybe I don't need to, but I do. I moved my sister last weekend and really put it to the test. Unloading and moving then loading at a new house and the thing never budged or bothered me. And I carry a larger gun than most (CZ P-07, slightly bigger than a G19). I absolutely love it.

Sticky holsters are pretty much the same deal.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates? I'm looking for something for my P-07 that is moisture resistant. Not that I sweat a lot but if I'm going to carry I don't want to damage the gun.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milt Sparks versa max II is the best I have found.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates? I'm looking for something for my P-07 that is moisture resistant. Not that I sweat a lot but if I'm going to carry I don't want to damage the gun.
Take a look at the Sneaky Pete brand. I use one for my M&P shield 9mm for the same issue.
DSC09953__92034.1427986040.165.165.jpg

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night,

I've been using the Remora exclusively for concealed carry. It completely protects against sweat. I'm amazed at how well it carries and works with the P-07. But it depends on what you want. If you want something you are going to hook onto a belt I can't recommend the Clinger Atom enough. It's easily the best deal in kydex holsters going. It's companies like Clinger that convinced me that paying $75+ for a holster is silly when you can get superior quality for around $20.

Clinger Holsters | Deep Concealment

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI... not sure how much I would worry about sweat on the firearm. It's a concern but after a day of carrying you're going to need to take the pistol out of the holster. When you do just wipe it down with a little CLP and you should be good to go.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
night,

I've been using the Remora exclusively for concealed carry. It completely protects against sweat. I'm amazed at how well it carries and works with the P-07. But it depends on what you want. If you want something you are going to hook onto a belt I can't recommend the Clinger Atom enough. It's easily the best deal in kydex holsters going. It's companies like Clinger that convinced me that paying $75+ for a holster is silly when you can get superior quality for around $20.

Clinger Holsters | Deep Concealment
I like the stingray on that site. I think I'm going to give that a try. I might eventually get the Versa Max II Wishbone posted because it looks like it's made really well and I like the look of it.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll be pretty happy with that.

Keep in mind that I think what you need to select is the "P-07 Duty" if I'm remembering the picture you posted. I think you have the generation one version. The Gen 2 version "without the Duty" designation has front cocking serrations etc.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll be pretty happy with that.

Keep in mind that I think what you need to select is the "P-07 Duty" if I'm remembering the picture you posted. I think you have the generation one version. The Gen 2 version "without the Duty" designation has front cocking serrations etc.
Thanks. Yeah, I have the P-07 duty. It is nice that they're able to accommodate so many different guns for all of these holster sites.