• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What brand of holster do you use for CC?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to figure out what brands people like. I am looking for an IWB holster. I know Tagua and Fobus are good, what do you all like?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir. Did not go through all the old threads. Will check it out.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CrossBreed Holsters | Concealed Carry Holsters | Gun Holsters

It's the only only holster I use now. Their IWB Supertuck, is very comfortable. You will forget that you are wearing a holster once the leather conforms to your body.

Couple questions since you have this. Did you buy the J clips? Can you really tuck your shirt in over the handgun?(Watched their video on their site. Just wondered if it is bs or not) Is it more comfortable than a single hook IWB holster?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple questions since you have this. Did you buy the J clips? Can you really tuck your shirt in over the handgun?(Watched their video on their site. Just wondered if it is bs or not) Is it more comfortable than a single hook IWB holster?

I don't want to speak for Crimson but, my Kholster's are almost identical to the supertuck and yes you can tuck your shirt in over it. You can still see the black clips that clips over your belt but, unless you know what you're looking at, you'd never know anything was up. I like the double hook/clip holsters better because they seem to stay put better and they don't tilt on their own throughout the day. You can also adjust the cant to suit your needs by moving the clips up or down in the pre-punched holes (as you can see in the pic) on each side of the leather fwiw.

imag0243-jpg.9778

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to speak for Crimson but, my Kholster's are almost identical to the supertuck and yes you can tuck your shirt in over it. You can still see the black clips that clips over your belt but, unless you know what you're looking at, you'd never know anything was up. I like the double hook/clip holsters better because they seem to stay put better and they don't tilt on their own throughout the day. You can also adjust the cant to suit your needs by moving the clips up or down in the pre-punched holes (as you can see in the pic) on each side of the leather fwiw.

imag0243-jpg.9778

Thank you Sir. Helpful info. :yo: Have been looking at them since last night. The wife is getting a little pissed at the amount of money I have spent on safes(1 bedroom and 3 vehicle), Ammo cans, and Dummy rounds. Oh well 1 more item and I am done(For now :D). Believe I will go with the crossbreed Super Tuck. Seems like everyone who has one or similar(like yours) really likes them.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sir. Helpful info. :yo: Have been looking at them since last night. The wife is getting a little pissed at the amount of money I have spent on safes(1 bedroom and 3 vehicle), Ammo cans, and Dummy rounds. Oh well 1 more item and I am done(For now :D). Believe I will go with the crossbreed Super Tuck. Seems like everyone who has one or similar(like yours) really likes them.

Another little tip that might be helpful, when you first get the holster it may have the tendency to squeak a little where the back of the clips rubs on the leather. It will get better as you break it in but, if you want to do away with it completely, just buy some of those peel and stick velcro tabs. Take the soft fuzzy side and stick it on the back of the clips with the fuzzy side facing the leather and it cuts out all the noise completely. I've had it on both of mine for over a year and it hasn't moved or made a sound since. Some people say to put baby powder en sech on it til you break it in but the fuzzy velcro trick last waaaay longer. :2cents:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another little tip that might be helpful, when you first get the holster it may have the tendency to squeak a little where the back of the clips rubs on the leather. It will get better as you break it in but, if you want to do away with it completely, just buy some of those peel and stick velcro tabs. Take the soft fuzzy side and stick it on the back of the clips with the fuzzy side facing the leather and it cuts out all the noise completely. I've had it on both of mine for over a year and it hasn't moved or made a sound since. Some people say to put baby powder en sech on it til you break it in but the fuzzy velcro trick last waaaay longer. :2cents:

Excellent idea. Have some of those already. Will put them on when I receive it. But first things first I need to put some rounds through it first. Have not had a chance to do so yet. Also plan on taking the tactical handgun course at my local range. Of course I must take the beginner and intermediate courses first. Not sure if it will make a difference in handling, but it can't hurt. If not I will get the one on one instruction from an instructor there who is also the local instructor for all Police Departments. Been about 15 years since I seriously went shooting. Need some refresher courses.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent idea. Have some of those already. Will put them on when I receive it. But first things first I need to put some rounds through it first. Have not had a chance to do so yet. Also plan on taking the tactical handgun course at my local range. Of course I must take the beginner and intermediate courses first. Not sure if it will make a difference in handling, but it can't hurt. If not I will get the one on one instruction from an instructor there who is also the local instructor for all Police Departments. Been about 15 years since I seriously went shooting. Need some refresher courses.

It's never a bad idea to take some courses, the more comfortable you are the better. Going to the range is a huge stress reliever for me so I go any chance I can. I like to take random stuff to shoot from trip to trip but I always make it a point to shoot my CCW before I leave just to keep the familiarity with it. It's good to know everything from the trigger break to the recoil to the sound of it. I also like to practice drawing from my holster and shooting as much as possible too seeing as how if I ever have to really use it it's going to be under those types of real world conditions.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I would find a style. I have a paddle holster and two Uncle Mikes belt holsters. I find I carry the paddle holster more often. Some brands do not carry the paddle. For me it comes down to the style and comfort.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did buy the J clips and they are worth the $10. As for tucking, yes, I wear my Glock 27 with plus 2 mag extender (primary conceal carry gun) and you will not see it unless you are trying to find it. I have a couple of single hook IWB holster that I will never wear again, the dual hooks makes it distribute the weight better making it more comfortable and it really secures the holster to your belt.

As for bamabears suggestion, look into, I love my crossbreed holsters but they are nothing but leather and kydex, so it's a very simple design. I do however strongly recommend the combat cut if you don't have the tools to cut it correctly (razor sharpe knife to cut it with and I use a cow horn to rub the leather to a smooth rounded form).

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my Super Tuck holster today. I know it will take some time to conform to my body. See how it goes. And I did put the felt on the clips. Actually they suggested this in the letter that Crossbreed sent with the holster.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my Super Tuck holster today. I know it will take some time to conform to my body. See how it goes. And I did put the felt on the clips. Actually they suggested this in the letter that Crossbreed sent with the holster.

I'll be damned, it was just something that came to me one day while at work.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipping Kydex is scuffing my trigger guard which on the Ruger SR40C is a polymer. Besides loosening the retention is there anything else that can be done? Bad part is I like the retention.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flipping Kydex is scuffing my trigger guard which on the Ruger SR40C is a polymer. Besides loosening the retention is there anything else that can be done? Bad part is I like the retention.
I haven't noticed it (my Kholster) scuffing my trigger guard so I'm not real sure. I do have traction grips on my Shield and put a small piece on the front of the trigger guard for added grip with my pointer finger, that could be protecting mine. Having said that, the traction grip piece doesn't have any wear on it either and I've been carrying it for over a year now. :noidea:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had a problem with the Kydex scuffing any of my guns. I've got crossbreed holsters for my Glock27, Sig229 and 1911

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I've been pretty happy with the Alpha from Blue Dogs but after playing around with a buddy's Clinger ATOM holster I decided to order one for myself. I have to say that nowhere will you ever find a higher quality holster for $30. The belt clip is in the perfect spot and I love the adjustability of the ride height as I'm fickle when it comes to that. I really wasn't in the market for a holster but figured for $30 what the hell.

Atom Clinger Holster | Clinger Holsters

Can't recommend this enough. Check one out. You won't be disappointed.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just down in Southwest Missouri over the weekend, near the Arkansas border, and I swear I have never seen so many people walking around with holsters and firearms on their hip or tucked in their pants. I knew I wasn't in the city anymore, holy cow.