• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What brand of balls do you use?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would make a difference with me. I suck at golf and quit trying. It's just so damn hard not to swing the golf club like a baseball bat after playing baseball your entire life before ever taking a swing at a golf ball.

I've played one full round of golf in my life. My score was over 150.

Man...that's too bad...it is a hard game, but it's a great game. Sounds like your expectations may have been too high. I shot a 125+ my 1st time out and that was after 5 lessons! It got much better shortly thereafter.

My nephew was a great baseball prospect...for a while...transitioning to golf was not that hard for him...I bet if you got a few lessons you could be pretty good...lot of MLB players are good golfers.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...that's too bad...it is a hard game, but it's a great game. Sounds like your expectations may have been too high. I shot a 125+ my 1st time out and that was after 5 lessons! It got much better shortly thereafter.

My nephew was a great baseball prospect...for a while...transitioning to golf was not that hard for him...I bet if you got a few lessons you could be pretty good...lot of MLB players are good golfers.

Yeah, maybe, but with my work schedule now and my other hobbies, I won't have the time. Poker and fishing come firsh

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe, but with my work schedule now and my other hobbies, I won't have the time. Poker and fishing come firsh

Yeah...we can only have so many vices...and to be decent @ golf it does require a good bit of time...you just were never bitten by the golf bug. I've always been intrigued by poker, but never took it serious...Famous Joe's in Buford is close by me and they have poker tournaments on Sat...big turnouts.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...we can only have so many vices...and to be decent @ golf it does require a good bit of time...you just were never bitten by the golf bug. I've always been intrigued by poker, but never took it serious...Famous Joe's in Buford is close by me and they have poker tournaments on Sat...big turnouts.

I'll be working in Buford here in the coming weeks to start training on a drill. I look forward to learning a new skill with a bump in pay, but I've been spoiled with this one stop sign, no red light drive to Adairsville every day.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be working in Buford here in the coming weeks to start training on a drill. I look forward to learning a new skill with a bump in pay, but I've been spoiled with this one stop sign, no red light drive to Adairsville every day.

Yes you have!!

Bump in pay is always nice...in a few years...I wouldn't mind moving to smaller town myself...but for now...the bacon is here. My commute to Norcross ain't that bad though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you have!!

Bump in pay is always nice...in a few years...I wouldn't mind moving to smaller town myself...but for now...the bacon is here. My commute to Norcross ain't that bad though.

I grew up a few miles outside Ball Ground, that's where my parents still live. I live off Burnt Mountain between Jasper and Talking Rock now, so I'm about halfway between Adairsville and Buford.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up a few miles outside Ball Ground, that's where my parents still live. I live off Burnt Mountain between Jasper and Talking Rock now, so I'm about halfway between Adairsville and Buford.

Pretty up there. Ball Ground is not too far actually.

Back a few yrs ago I did some real estate deals up in northwest..My wife and I have thought about moving up to Big Canoe or Blue Ridge when we no longer have to work a 9 to 5.

Probably the worst part of you drive will be coming east to get to Buford, I'm thinking 20 thru cumming might be you best option.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty up there. Ball Ground is not too far actually.

Back a few yrs ago I did some real estate deals up in northwest..My wife and I have thought about moving up to Big Canoe or Blue Ridge when we no longer have to work a 9 to 5.

Probably the worst part of you drive will be coming east to get to Buford, I'm thinking 20 thru cumming might be you best option.

I used to work for Georgia Hardwoods in Buford, 20 to work, Buford Dam coming home seemed to be the quickest. I'll have to find out exactly where I'll be. Vulcan Quarry at Friendship.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Made Lethal. I always buy used. Ebay search AAAA mint

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to work for Georgia Hardwoods in Buford, 20 to work, Buford Dam coming home seemed to be the quickest. I'll have to find out exactly where I'll be. Vulcan Quarry at Friendship.

Ironic...we're in the concrete biz...fabricators (mostly vertical stuff) I know exactly where that is...20 across the damn to Buford Hwy, then north to Friendship and right maybe 2 miles east of the 985 exit. Or 20 to 985 and hit Friendship.

You could take 369 across the Hooch as well I think.