• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Bowls do you consider Legit Bowls?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there are way too many Bowls, it is kind of funny, when there were few bowls people cried for more because the Bowls were really good and for the most part only really good schools went to them. Now we get a bunch of crap bowl games.

If you were dictator of college football which Bowls would exist in your world?

For me
Tier 1
Rose Bowl
Orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Fiesta Bowl
Cotton Bowl

Tier 2
Gator Bowl
Peach Bowl
Holiday Bowl
Sun Bowl
Outback Bowl
Citrus Bowl

Tier 3
Liberty Bowl
Cactus Bowl
Hawaii Bowl
Independence Bowl
Alamo Bowl
Music City Bowl

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Peach Bowl was a playoff game this year, just saying.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Peach Bowl was a playoff game this year, just saying.
Technically it was a Tournament game. Teams Mathematically earn their way into a playoff, teams in a Tournament are selected. A perfect example is if the NFL selected the Broncos over the Dolphins because last year.....

In a normal year are you saying you would rather your team go to the Peach over the Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, or Cotton?

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VW6Em.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could add 5 more bowl games and all of you would complain but I wouldn't care one bit. Football is football. Most of you live for this sport so I really don't understand the disgruntlement towards watered down bowl games. Who gives a rip?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee most of this board would've watched a Texas-ND rematch bowl game.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically it was a Tournament game. Teams Mathematically earn their way into a playoff, teams in a Tournament are selected. A perfect example is if the NFL selected the Broncos over the Dolphins because last year.....

In a normal year are you saying you would rather your team go to the Peach over the Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, or Cotton?

My wife went to Auburn, I have been suckered in to going to a few Peach bowls to watch Auburn play and have thus equated it with second tier or even tertiary status. This year I viewed it as the semi-final game that just happened to be played in Atlanta.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee most of this board would've watched a Texas-ND rematch bowl game.

Who wouldn't want to LOL again at Texas and Notre Dame. Jexas is back baby.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could add 5 more bowl games and all of you would complain but I wouldn't care one bit. Football is football. Most of you live for this sport so I really don't understand the disgruntlement towards watered down bowl games. Who gives a rip?

I have to be in the right mind set for bowl season. If your bowl happens before Christmas, I'm not watching. If that same shitty game was on today or tomorrow, I would be watching for 60 minutes.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife went to Auburn, I have been suckered in to going to a few Peach bowls to watch Auburn play and have thus equated it with second tier or even tertiary status. This year I viewed it as the semi-final game that just happened to be played in Atlanta.

For the most part that is how I see that game. Though I liked it was played on New Years Eve. Funny you should mention Auburn, the one Peach bowl I went to was Virginia vs Auburn (Falcons killed the Bucs the next day).

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part that is how I see that game. Though I liked it was played on New Years Eve. Funny you should mention Auburn, the one Peach bowl I went to was Virginia vs Auburn (Falcons killed the Bucs the next day).

Luckily we were divorced by then, 2007 Auburn-Clemson was the last one I went to...which incidentally was a good overtime game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because getting to a bowl shouldn't be akin to your kids getting a participation trophy and that's pretty much what it's become.

Just reaching .500 didn't used to be good enough. Winning 8 wasn't a guarantee and they played less games. It was a reward for the best of the best. A chance for their fans to celebrate a well above average season.

Now, go play 3 pieces of shit in your OOC and find a way to go 3-6 in conference and that's good enough to deserve a fucking reward? :burt: And don't even start with the conferences that have only 8 conference games that really only have to go 2-6 in conference.

It's a total joke.

I think you should have to not only be above .500 overall, but above .500 IN CONFERENCE. Get that weak ass shit out of here.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta. After that they're all about the same to me.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't really consider any of them "legit". Unless its for the Natty (or now a playoff game), its just a meaningless exhibition. Fun to watch and I'm fine with them existing, but I'm not thumping my chest going "Orange Bowl champs ftw!" I feel the same beating a good team in September as a I do in January. I don't need any extra pageantry put on it just because its a thing to do.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because getting to a bowl shouldn't be akin to your kids getting a participation trophy and that's pretty much what it's become.

Just reaching .500 didn't used to be good enough. Winning 8 wasn't a guarantee and they played less games. It was a reward for the best of the best. A chance for their fans to celebrate a well above average season.

Now, go play 3 pieces of shit in your OOC and find a way to go 3-6 in conference and that's good enough to deserve a fucking reward? :burt: And don't even start with the conferences that have only 8 conference games that really only have to go 2-6 in conference.

It's a total joke.

I think you should have to not only be above .500 overall, but above .500 IN CONFERENCE. Get that weak ass shit out of here.

I'd keep all the bowls, but get a little more creative than it currently is.

For example, square off former greats that have long since fallen, like Texas vs. Nebraska. That would have that compelling "Surreal Life" show kind of flavor.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a total joke.

I get what you're saying. It must be earned. At the same time my comment was more in line of a neutral observer not giving a shit about that and just watching a football game. Bowl games are not as sacred as they were and never will be with sponsorship opportunities the way they are.

We all know the major bowl games and which teams are legit. At the end of the day that's all that matters to me.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-6 bowl need to go the way of the dodo bird. If you can't win 1/2 your games, then start working on that golf swing.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a "Best vs Worst" Bowl with the NC at stake. Or maybe even a "College vs Pro" Bowl so we can shut the idiots up who actually think the best college team could beat the worst NFL team. That also could be called the "Best vs Worst" Bowl.

tumblr_na52cjjkDe1sgl0ajo1_1280.gif