• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you working on right now?

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to get a little more consistent just before I bring the club back. Not going too crazy with check points, but I have a few keys that I am trying to be aware of(especially later in the rounds). Slight waggle with the club and making sure my weight distribution is good and preparing myself mentally for what physical swing I am about to make.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to get a little more consistent just before I bring the club back. Not going too crazy with check points, but I have a few keys that I am trying to be aware of(especially later in the rounds). Slight waggle with the club and making sure my weight distribution is good and preparing myself mentally for what physical swing I am about to make.

Sounds elementary, but keeping my head more steady over the ball...I played with a really good ball striker over the weekend and he spotted it actually. My head has been moving off the ball and coming out of my posture when I turn back. I get away with it on my drives, but my short irons, it's hurting me.

At the core of it is I've got to get back to stretching a lot more...I'm 6'3", for guys in the 6'1" and taller range maintaining your spine angle through out the swing becomes more difficult the older you get.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds elementary, but keeping my head more steady over the ball...I played with a really good ball striker over the weekend and he spotted it actually. My head has been moving off the ball and coming out of my posture when I turn back. I get away with it on my drives, but my short irons, it's hurting me.

At the core of it is I've got to get back to stretching a lot more...I'm 6'3", for guys in the 6'1" and taller range maintaining your spine angle through out the swing becomes more difficult the older you get.

My tendency is to lift more than sway. I use a shadow while on the course to check for this.
I am more left brain, so I can usually figure out why it is happening, after some slow motion swings.
I break my swing down slowly and once I see where exactly I start to lift, I work on that part of the backswing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on keeping my driver lower and closer to my body on the upswing... Also trying to stay down more on my chipping... It is getting better but I'm far from good... Granted I don't play enough

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tendency is to lift more than sway. I use a shadow while on the course to check for this.
I am more left brain, so I can usually figure out why it is happening, after some slow motion swings.
I break my swing down slowly and once I see where exactly I start to lift, I work on that part of the backswing.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I've dealt with this in the past and the pro remedy was stretching more for flexibility and mirror work. Both of which I've done more of the last couple of days. Hopefully I'm hitting the ball more solid.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately (or unfortunately) I've dealt with this in the past and the pro remedy was stretching more for flexibility and mirror work. Both of which I've done more of the last couple of days. Hopefully I'm hitting the ball more solid.

You will be a ball striking Jesse in no time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will be a ball striking Jesse in no time.

LOL...I'm happy with 7-8 GIRs per round...if my short game is halfway decent that day I''m going to score pretty well.

The other thing I'm working on and this is purely mental...staying in the round when groups are waiting behind...even if we're not slow, (right on the group ahead) for some reason I speed up...probably cost myself 1 or 2 strokes a round when we're being pressed from behind.

Some of that is because we do have a player that is very methodical...he's not really slow, but it seems like he is....makes me feel like I need to play faster to make up for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on keeping my driver lower and closer to my body on the upswing... Also trying to stay down more on my chipping... It is getting better but I'm far from good... Granted I don't play enough

That drill that VJ does with a towel under his arms is great for keeping your arms connected throughout the swing.

Chipping contact is the same as I'm working on, keep your posture and turning your chest through the shot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That drill that VJ does with a towel under his arms is great for keeping your arms connected throughout the swing.

Chipping contact is the same as I'm working on, keep your posture and turning your chest through the shot.

i dislike VJ but I will have to try that

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always the short game.

I think I've finally figured out my 3 wood which is nice. It only took a year or two.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currently just working on consistency. I have fewer and fewer mishits as the season goes on, but I want to eliminate them completely, and I am getting there.

What I need to be doing is working on my putting. That shit has been very bad this season.

Had a nice out of the sand the other day. I need to build on that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currently just working on consistency. I have fewer and fewer mishits as the season goes on, but I want to eliminate them completely, and I am getting there.

What I need to be doing is working on my putting. That shit has been very bad this season.

Had a nice out of the sand the other day. I need to build on that.

Consistency...same here. For me, driving it well enough to be in the 70s at least once in a while, but still not finishing holes...Iron play was good yesterday, hit all 4 par 3 greens in reg. + 4 others...but had to re-tee, 3 times :gaah:driver was good most of the day, but when it was bad, it was real bad.

Mentally I feel stuck 83-91. I do know if I can keep the kind of contact I'm getting with my irons, I can improve my top end score. Putting...I make my share 4-6', but miss a few inside 3'...not consistent on long putts...speed, 2 or 3 3-jacks around...need to improve my lagging.

After watching a pro on TV this weekend sha#k a wedge from 30' across the green, then follow that with another so so shot...guy hits 100s if not 1000s of those a week, I hit maybe bucket or two a week...I can live with a mishit or two...lol.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency...same here. For me, driving it well enough to be in the 70s at least once in a while, but still not finishing holes...Iron play was good yesterday, hit all 4 par 3 greens in reg. + 4 others...but had to re-tee, 3 times :gaah:driver was good most of the day, but when it was bad, it was real bad.

Mentally I feel stuck 83-91. I do know if I can keep the kind of contact I'm getting with my irons, I can improve my top end score. Putting...I make my share 4-6', but miss a few inside 3'...not consistent on long putts...speed, 2 or 3 3-jacks around...need to improve my lagging.

After watching a pro on TV this weekend sha#k a wedge from 30' across the green, then follow that with another so so shot...guy hits 100s if not 1000s of those a week, I hit maybe bucket or two a week...I can live with a mishit or two...lol.
I mean, it happens and is part of golf. To mentally set yourself before hitting the ball was a challenge but I think I have it pretty good right now.

My driver is an ongoing issue. Big left to right slice that I can't get rid of. I am working on some things there, but it will always be a work in progress.

Putting speed has killed me this season. If I could 2 putt most holes, I would be happy, but I don't set myself up for success there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it happens and is part of golf. To mentally set yourself before hitting the ball was a challenge but I think I have it pretty good right now.

My driver is an ongoing issue. Big left to right slice that I can't get rid of. I am working on some things there, but it will always be a work in progress.

Putting speed has killed me this season. If I could 2 putt most holes, I would be happy, but I don't set myself up for success there.

Exactly...you end up around the green in reg, if not on in reg a lot more when you eliminate mishits....but you do mishit one...mentally that easy for me to digest than say a 3 putt...I hate 3 putting. I do practice putting more than anything else, but still not enough.

Slice...you've already probably heard enough remedies...as a player that sliced as a beginner...got lessons, etc...the lasting swing thought that I had from those lessons...the instructor was not real technical, but he always had analogies that planted idea he was trying to drive home...try to hit the ball to right field...once you figure that out you might still be hitting to the right, but you won't be slicing anymore...he would get you in proper posture, but he wouldn't try to show you how to hit it to right field.