• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a load this has become

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMZ obtained eight photos of bruising on the body of suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic abuse accuser.
Elliott told police officers the woman was injured during a bar fight with someone else.
She could have been injured by someone else.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just more of the same from HERR Goodell

this man has no business leading the NFL

Time for Herr Goodell to be retired along with his BS sense of fairness and justice

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott - RB - Cowboys
The NFL informed Ezekiel Elliott that "any additional violations" of the personal conduct policy "may result in your suspension or potential banishment."

It's a strong statement from the league after it discovered "substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that Elliott engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions" in July 2016. Elliott has continued to put himself in the wrong places at the wrong times since then and is walking a dangerous path if he doesn't get his act together. Any subsequent violation will likely event in a yearlong or indefinite suspension.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Aug 11 - 12:50 PM
The things that get me: 1. If it happened, it was before he was even in the NFL. 2. It took year and a half for NFL to complete the investigation. 3. The NFL is not bigger then the criminal justice system. 4. There is clear text messages that she wanted to set zeke up and get friends to lie. 5. How does the NFL have more information then the police?? 6. Because of the botched Ray Rice case, the NFL is going way above and beyond to please the court of public opinion. I am all for sending a message, but this six game suspension is sending a message that the criminal justice system doesn't matter to the NFL and any female can easily set up a player for suspension. Lastly, I don't believe shit that TMZ has to say. They will sensationlize anything. You can't prove that Zeke bruised that lady unfortunately.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK ROGER

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things that get me: 1. If it happened, it was before he was even in the NFL. 2. It took year and a half for NFL to complete the investigation. 3. The NFL is not bigger then the criminal justice system. 4. There is clear text messages that she wanted to set zeke up and get friends to lie. 5. How does the NFL have more information then the police?? 6. Because of the botched Ray Rice case, the NFL is going way above and beyond to please the court of public opinion. I am all for sending a message, but this six game suspension is sending a message that the criminal justice system doesn't matter to the NFL and any female can easily set up a player for suspension. Lastly, I don't believe shit that TMZ has to say. They will sensationlize anything. You can't prove that Zeke bruised that lady unfortunately.
I'm pretty much with you on all counts. What I don't get is why Josh Brown got so much less.

And it's burying our heads in the sand to not realize that Zeke is now on the radar and could get a ridiculous suspension for a pretty simple matter. The possible progressive discipline that could come about is a big worry for me and it doesn't have to make sense, but we have to accept that no matter how unfair and severe...it may happen if Zeke slips up. It's time for Zeke to start recognizing that in the public spotlight perception can unfortunately become reality. It may not be fair, but that doesn't make it the case...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think since it happwned after he was drafted is what their hanging their hat on.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much with you on all counts. What I don't get is why Josh Brown got so much less.

And it's burying our heads in the sand to not realize that Zeke is now on the radar and could get a ridiculous suspension for a pretty simple matter. The possible progressive discipline that could come about is a big worry for me and it doesn't have to make sense, but we have to accept that no matter how unfair and severe...it may happen if Zeke slips up. It's time for Zeke to start recognizing that in the public spotlight perception can unfortunately become reality. It may not be fair, but that doesn't make it the case...
You are so right about this. Any slip up by zeke, can have him banshied from the NFL.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL investigation regarding most recent Ezekiel Elliott incident is closed
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2017, 6:54 PM EDT
ap_17223593801304-e1502578434750.jpg

AP

With the NFL suspending Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games for conduct occurring in July 2016 and in light of ominous boilerplate in the suspension letter vowing further suspension or “potential banishment” from the league in the event of additional violations of the Personal Conduct Policy, a more recent incident from July 2017 could be problematic for Elliott.

The good news (if there is any) for Elliott is that the league has closed the investigation arising from reports that Elliott had allegedly broken the nose of a DJ at a Dallas nightclub on the evening of July 16. League spokesman Brian McCarthy, in communicating the status of the investigation to PFT, added that “as with any matter, we would review new evidence if presented.”

Local authorities closed the investigation not long after the incident happened, because the alleged victim could not be located. The NFL possibly, if not probably, encountered the same difficulty, making it impossible to come to any conclusions about what did or didn’t happen.

Still, it’s amazing that no video evidence has emerged, either from surveillance cameras or from the numerous cell phone devices in the vicinity of whatever happened. If any of that ever comes to light, Elliott could find himself in a new predicament.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL investigation regarding most recent Ezekiel Elliott incident is closed
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2017, 6:54 PM EDT
ap_17223593801304-e1502578434750.jpg

AP

With the NFL suspending Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games for conduct occurring in July 2016 and in light of ominous boilerplate in the suspension letter vowing further suspension or “potential banishment” from the league in the event of additional violations of the Personal Conduct Policy, a more recent incident from July 2017 could be problematic for Elliott.

The good news (if there is any) for Elliott is that the league has closed the investigation arising from reports that Elliott had allegedly broken the nose of a DJ at a Dallas nightclub on the evening of July 16. League spokesman Brian McCarthy, in communicating the status of the investigation to PFT, added that “as with any matter, we would review new evidence if presented.”

Local authorities closed the investigation not long after the incident happened, because the alleged victim could not be located. The NFL possibly, if not probably, encountered the same difficulty, making it impossible to come to any conclusions about what did or didn’t happen.

Still, it’s amazing that no video evidence has emerged, either from surveillance cameras or from the numerous cell phone devices in the vicinity of whatever happened. If any of that ever comes to light, Elliott could find himself in a new predicament.

Water is wet. What evidence do you are anyone else have that zeke broke someone's nose??? Zeke wasn't even a suspect. It should have been a non story.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water is wet. What evidence do you are anyone else have that zeke broke someone's nose??? Zeke wasn't even a suspect. It should have been a non story.
Sadly, probably about the same amount of evidence that he hit his ex girlfriend? .Goodell doesn't need real evidence. Apparently all he needs is enough to make him think he knows what happened...even if the facts he uses seem flimsy, questionable and/or inaccurate. He is a man on a mission. Where he is short-sighted IMO is that each subsequent suspension or even investigation brings the leagues reputation closer and closer to a group of thugs, which seems to be the opposite of what this whole clause was supposed to do. We all know the amazing things guys like Witten do off the field but it doesn't even get as much attention nationally as a guy like Irving being suspended 4 games. The NBA started down this path and then reversed itself a little. Maybe the league needs to learn to dwell on the good a little. We all know the majority of the players are great guys and even some of the ones that have been the most publicized investigations like Brady seem to be good people.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, probably about the same amount of evidence that he hit his ex girlfriend? .Goodell doesn't need real evidence. Apparently all he needs is enough to make him think he knows what happened...even if the facts he uses seem flimsy, questionable and/or inaccurate. He is a man on a mission. Where he is short-sighted IMO is that each subsequent suspension or even investigation brings the leagues reputation closer and closer to a group of thugs, which seems to be the opposite of what this whole clause was supposed to do. We all know the amazing things guys like Witten do off the field but it doesn't even get as much attention nationally as a guy like Irving being suspended 4 games. The NBA started down this path and then reversed itself a little. Maybe the league needs to learn to dwell on the good a little. We all know the majority of the players are great guys and even some of the ones that have been the most publicized investigations like Brady seem to be good people.
Majority are good guys, and I wish they received more publicity. However, with ESPN and TMZ sports, that won't happen. When you start using speeding tickets as bad behavior, they will go as low as they can to paint someone as the worst person in history. I am all for discipline, but it seems so abitrary and uneven the levels of punishment by the NFL. Gronk is next.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the worst suspension of any suspension handed out by Goodell.