• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a dream.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were playing in 2003 yesterday. Slept right through it. Need to go check what really happened.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to expect from when we play Michigan. Vegas might not allow people to vote on that game unless its on under/over 2 INT for either team. The game yesterday reminded me of the game my dad and I attended against Iowa. Below is a description of the game. Hell any type of PSU fan unfortunately knows about the 6-4 Iowa game. God yesterday was hard to watch. Its like watching a horrible movie but you already spent the $15 to see it so you just hope it gets better and it never does.

2004 Iowa 6 - PSU 4
In front of a crowd of 108,062, the Nittany Lions took a 2-0 lead on the game’s first possession as the snap to Iowa punter David Bradley sailed over his head and Bradley kicked the ball out of the back of the end zone for a safety for Penn State.
Iowa’s Kyle Schlichter kicked two field goals in the first half and that was all the scoring the Hawkeyes would need. Twice Penn State was inside Iowa’s 10-yard line and came away empty as kicker Robbie Gould missed a 25-yard field goal in the third quarter and in the fourth quarter quarterback Michael Robinson was intercepted on the one-yard line.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz had so much confidence in his defense, or maybe he just knew Penn State’s offense was so inept, that he gave Penn State two points on a safety late in the fourth quarter rather than punting from his own end zone.
Penn State’s defense played valiantly. The same could not be said about the Nittany Lions’ offense.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think we can expect the offense to continue to remind us of the dark years. I really hope we can pull in a few more top-tier OL recruits for next year and a few that can early enroll with Jenkins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what to expect from when we play Michigan. Vegas might not allow people to vote on that game unless its on under/over 2 INT for either team. The game yesterday reminded me of the game my dad and I attended against Iowa. Below is a description of the game. Hell any type of PSU fan unfortunately knows about the 6-4 Iowa game. God yesterday was hard to watch. Its like watching a horrible movie but you already spent the $15 to see it so you just hope it gets better and it never does.

2004 Iowa 6 - PSU 4
In front of a crowd of 108,062, the Nittany Lions took a 2-0 lead on the game’s first possession as the snap to Iowa punter David Bradley sailed over his head and Bradley kicked the ball out of the back of the end zone for a safety for Penn State.
Iowa’s Kyle Schlichter kicked two field goals in the first half and that was all the scoring the Hawkeyes would need. Twice Penn State was inside Iowa’s 10-yard line and came away empty as kicker Robbie Gould missed a 25-yard field goal in the third quarter and in the fourth quarter quarterback Michael Robinson was intercepted on the one-yard line.
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz had so much confidence in his defense, or maybe he just knew Penn State’s offense was so inept, that he gave Penn State two points on a safety late in the fourth quarter rather than punting from his own end zone.
Penn State’s defense played valiantly. The same could not be said about the Nittany Lions’ offense.

I was at that Iowa game and this team has FAR, FAR, FAR more talent than that team. Christ, Iowa took an intentional safety late in the game to make it 6-4 and gave us the ball back because they flat out knew we wouldn't even move it into FG range. I remember turning to my cousin and saying we had hit rock bottom and we had.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think we can expect the offense to continue to remind us of the dark years. I really hope we can pull in a few more top-tier OL recruits for next year and a few that can early enroll with Jenkins.

Jenkins isn't playing next year, early enrollee or not. He needs at least a full year in program unless he makes HUGE, strides before next year. The OL is not soley to blame, they actually graded out well the other day, Hack was innacurate, held the ball too long, WR dropped passes, RB's and TE blocked like shit, it was a complete team effort and you just have those days.

People need to remember one of Joe's favorite quotes, “You're never as good as you think you are when you win; and you're never as bad as you feel when you lose.” Bye week comes at a great time, Michigan on deck is reeling far worse than us and we may get Diff back for Michigan game.

Again, this is the year we will feel sanctions most under JFF, this is the 2nd youngest team in NCAA and playing with 15-20 less scholly players week in and out. All that said, we played some games under BOB that looked as ugly as NW and bounced back....we get our 7-8 this year and the extra bowl practices will be HUGE for this team

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is not soley to blame, they actually graded out well the other day

I agree with everything you said but this quote. What do you mean by "they graded out well". They certainly didn't grade out well compared to the average power 5 or B1G O-line. The entire offense was in shambles. The QB play was as much to blame as any of the offensive units (except maybe TEs blocking which was pathetic). This was a microcosm of all the issues the offense has had all year, it was a perfect storm, and I don't expect the offense to look this bad against another team with a defense as untalented as Northwestern's again. That said, I'm afraid of what Michigan State's D will do.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything you said but this quote. What do you mean by "they graded out well". They certainly didn't grade out well compared to the average power 5 or B1G O-line. The entire offense was in shambles. The QB play was as much to blame as any of the offensive units (except maybe TEs blocking which was pathetic). This was a microcosm of all the issues the offense has had all year, it was a perfect storm, and I don't expect the offense to look this bad against another team with a defense as untalented as Northwestern's again. That said, I'm afraid of what Michigan State's D will do.

Meaning the OL didn't play as poorly as a group as most think. There were so many other factors that made their performance look worse, but bottom line, Hack had time to throw pretty often. Running game is a combo of slow developing run plays, RB's/WR/TE not being able to block and RB's missing holes and dancing too much. ott saying they were great, but some other areas would be graded out lower in film evaluations