• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We've lost one of our own ( RIP darken65)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the news via a reply to a pm I sent darken congratulating him on becoming a global mod. The reply was from one of his kids saying he thought we should know darken passed away a couple of weeks ago. Got a thread in the water cooler announcing this very sad news.

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the news via a reply to a pm I sent darken congratulating him on becoming a global mod. The reply was from one of his kids saying he thought we should know darken passed away a couple of weeks ago. Got a thread in the water cooler announcing this very said news.

I am so sorry to hear that. I think we exchanged posts about a week ago maybe two. I am bummed. Darken was a great guy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sorry to hear that. I think we exchanged posts about a week ago maybe two. I am bummed. Darken was a great guy.
Me and darken have exchanged many a pm over the years. Really respected him, one of the normal guys here on SportsHoopla.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not here often and I haven't said much to him over the last few years but he was definitely 1 of the good guys. Back in the day he was a regular on NFL.com and he was 1 of only 2 49ers fans I tried to poach on to another private forum. He was also a good poster at ESPN from what I remember of those less than stellar mouse-eared days. RIP Darken65.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the news via a reply to a pm I sent darken congratulating him on becoming a global mod. The reply was from one of his kids saying he thought we should know darken passed away a couple of weeks ago. Got a thread in the water cooler announcing this very sad news.
Damn, what a bummer!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I haven't been around here much the past 2 years, but reading this makes me wish I was a bit more. He was one of the OG ESPN forums guys that come over here. I know over the years he and I agreed and disagreed on many of topics, but I always respected his opinion because I could always tell it was genuine and came from passion. He wasn't like some others in the past that would just say something to troll or get a reaction.

This board just lost a huge presence and while it was already a long ways off from the ESPN days it just took one giant step even further away.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loss is never easy my prayers go out to his family, RIP darken