• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Western Conference Finals Prediction

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb early to say the Memphis Grizzlies should come out of the West by beating the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Finals.

The second round will likely pit MEM against a weakened OKC squad, which will be a tough series but I think MEM can pull it out. And the GSW will have to face the SAS in the second round, and even though I really like the Spurs brand of basketball, I could see the GSW taking it to them hard with supremely spirited play and SAS falling apart with injuries.

Thoughts? Anyone else willing to look this far down the road?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards OKC/SAS but MEM/SAS wouldn't shock me

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OKC is without Westbrook (which looks like the case) I think Memphis can take them. I like this Memphis team...

I do think the Spurs will be too tough for GS. Spurs just have so much talent and more importantly experience on that team. As much as I hate Ginobili... he and parker, Duncan, and even role players like Bonner may be too much. They just have chemistry...

Now if we get lucky and Ginobili goes down with a high ankle sprain which is is known to do from time to time.. that could change everything.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we get lucky and Ginobili goes down with a high ankle sprain which is is known to do from time to time.. that could change everything.

Yeah, I'm kind of banking on the Spurs health not holding up.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning towards OKC/SAS but MEM/SAS wouldn't shock me

Sounds like you don't think the GSW can get past the SAS at all. That's a safe bet. The SAS have me worried because they came in a bit banged up to start with and I think a team like the GSW would stretch them to the limit in a faster pace, making injuries a real possibility.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs just have so much talent and more importantly experience on that team.

That's what I said last year too just before they lost to OKC. I don't think the Spurs will make it to the WCF.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb early to say the Memphis Grizzlies should come out of the West by beating the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Finals.

The second round will likely pit MEM against a weakened OKC squad, which will be a tough series but I think MEM can pull it out. And the GSW will have to face the SAS in the second round, and even though I really like the Spurs brand of basketball, I could see the GSW taking it to them hard with supremely spirited play and SAS falling apart with injuries.

Thoughts? Anyone else willing to look this far down the road?

Dont you mean conference semis?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will ride Dwight, Pau and the D-League MVP - Andrew Goudelock and shock the world by being the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit!!

They will then carry that momentum all the way to the NBA finals where they will defeat Lebron and the Heatettes, 4-1!!

Sman will say it is an asterisk title because they didn't have Kobe!! bks will join him in this by claiming that Goudelock was on steroids and will henceforth refer to him as "Roidlock"!!

Hey, if you're gonna go out on a limb................go all the way out!! :becky:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will ride Dwight, Pau and the D-League MVP - Andrew Goudelock and shock the world by being the first team to come back from a 3-0 deficit!!

They will then carry that momentum all the way to the NBA finals where they will defeat Lebron and the Heatettes, 4-1!!

Sman will say it is an asterisk title because they didn't have Kobe!! bks will join him in this by claiming that Goudelock was on steroids and will henceforth refer to him as "Roidlock"!!

Hey, if you're gonna go out on a limb................go all the way out!! :becky:

5 star post. lmao

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lame:

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think MEM v. GSW, with MEM coming out of the West as all that far-fetched, really.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Memphis beating SA....but it wouldn't totally shock me if GSW were to win this series and squeak by SA

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think MEM v. GSW, with MEM coming out of the West as all that far-fetched, really.

Me either. I was just having fun with the Lakers chances!! GSW is one of those teams that are always dangerous because they can score like crazy and they never stop playing hard.

They remind me of the Suns under D'Antoni. Not really a threat to win the championship, but definitely a threat to have a say in who does.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love GSW but they unless TD goes down they are not getting past the Spurs. Spurs are too wise and understand playoff basketball. Something GSW will learn this year. They will make Curry shoot and take the other players out of the game. Memphis cant outscore OKC but they can make the game slow and frustrating for KD. I say Mem and Sas in the WCF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love GSW but they unless TD goes down they are not getting past the Spurs. Spurs are too wise and understand playoff basketball. Something GSW will learn this year. They will make Curry shoot and take the other players out of the game. Memphis cant outscore OKC but they can make the game slow and frustrating for KD. I say Mem and Sas in the WCF

Agree!! The one thing that gives the Warriors a shot vs. SAS in my opinion, is that they are young enough to be dumb enough to not know that they can't beat the Spurs.

Plus, Mark Jackson is in their heads in a good way!! They buy into everything that he tells them. If he tells them they can beat the Spurs, they'll believe him.

Either way, it should be a fun series!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree!! The one thing that gives the Warriors a shot vs. SAS in my opinion, is that they are young enough to be dumb enough to not know that they can't beat the Spurs.

Plus, Mark Jackson is in their heads in a good way!! They buy into everything that he tells them. If he tells them they can beat the Spurs, they'll believe him.

Either way, it should be a fun series!!

I have to agree. They really believe they can beat anyone. Mark Jackson has proven his coaching chops to me if they wrap up this series with Denver. One other note. Curry is pretty special so if they can somehow ride him against the Spurs then anything is possible.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree. They really believe they can beat anyone. Mark Jackson has proven his coaching chops to me if they wrap up this series with Denver. One other note. Curry is pretty special so if they can somehow ride him against the Spurs then anything is possible.

Curry is special. The one thing no one counted on was the presence of Bogut in the middle. Hes altering shots, adding toughness on defense, and also contributing on the offensive end of the floor. I also think they dont miss a beat with landry filling in for lee.

Landry and J. Jack are two warriors i wanted in free agency for the Lake show. They play with heart/passion, the things you cant coach

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last call for anyone who thinks the Warriors can beat the Spurs.