• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We're obviously way worse then we thought we were

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can beat MTSU, Vandy, and UK and go to a bowl game at 6-6. Why did we fire Fulmer again?

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listened to Frank Wycheck and Co. on 104.5 this morning. They are talking about how Tennessee fans are going to start wishing for the Fulmer days again. I know I am. I remember 8-4 was a reason to panic when Fulmer was coaching. Now 8-4 seems like paradise.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's early I really think Dooley can do some work in a few years. It's hard to turn a program around that was spiraling down so fast, hard to pull talent out of the air gotta draft it and pull the right cords. Bray and Hunter will be great coaches for the incoming frosh these next, hopefully, 2 years

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that we're "way worse" than thought. We're young and we play young; we've also been hit with now two majow blows to our offense. With all the talent in the SEC, anyone that thought we were gonna compete for a conference championship this season was dillusional.

That said, Dooley is doing a great job. He's bringing in talent and developing it. If you want to see why he started with such a mess of a team, go back and look at the last five rectruiting classes we pulled. Either they had mediocre talent or the highly rated prospects aren't on the team anymore (transfers, academic issues, arrests, etc). Dooley is bringing in quality talent and quality players that won't embarass us. Our team is mostly underclassmen; heck, they're mostly sophomores playing. Our O-line is gonna get a lot bigger and better between this season and next as well as improvement with the rest of the team. I'm not gonna say we'll be a powerhouse next season, but we will be competitive and have a good bowl game.

7-5 is probably the realistic best this year but shit, I'll be in K-town this weekend. First one back in a decade, so if they decide to pull a miracle it'd be freakin' sweet!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. We fired Fulmer because he could never develop talent; his strength was recruiting and he was slipping on that at the end as well.

P.P.S. While I think Dooley is great..I'm not sold on his DC, yet. Not sure if it's him yet or the lack of talent; guess he gets a couple more classes to prove himself but where the fuck were our safeties against Georgia?

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fulmer was an intimidator in recruiting so yea valid point on that. Dooley is recruiting classy players for sure, Bray and Hunter are both very classy guys and so is Rogers. I dont expect to see any of our football players in the papers for stupid shit more then once a year, hopefully never but thats just wishful thinking lol.
7-5 is wishful thinking too, would have to beat either S Carolina or Bama and both those are ehhh lol

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Defense is improving. I would hold on to your DC. Now your OC needs to go. Tennessee has not been able to generate hardly any offense in any SEC games even with the talented Tyler Bray (I would take him at LSU anytime). The rushing game is pathetic. A lot of the problems seems to be scheming and play calling on offense.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Poole (RB) is gone after this year and we've got some nice red shirts. Now the Defensive mid is phenomenal, the D line was somewhat shaky (Florida *cough*) but our corners are so fucking bad it hurts. Georgia threw like 6 deep balls on us because the WR's were open the QB just couldn't throw for shit. Our corners are extremely susceptible to speed, we get torched all game if they got the talent.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team right now reminds me of when we had Crompton at QB....there just simply isn't any offense. Also doesn't help the team is as young as they are too. With a healthy Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter, I thought this team could've won 7-8 games (not including Bowl). Now we'll be lucky to win 6 or 7!

I believe next year is the year UT finally competes for the East again. Bray will be a junior, and most everyone else will be too. The experience and talent should be there.