• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well if you can't fill them..cover them!! LMAO

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our friends to the North have decided instead of working hard to get their program together they are going to try and provide better optics for the empty seat issues for the Pittsburgh Panther Game...

Attendance for Pitt football at Heinz Field has remained low this season, but athletic director Heather Lyke hopes to change the perception of an empty stadium.

Speaking to the Hall of Fame Luncheon Club in her hometown of Canton, Ohio, she said Heinz Field is “a fabulous venue,”
but she suggested tarping off seats in strategic areas of the stadium.

“I think we can play at Heinz Field,” she said Monday, according to a story in the Canton Repository. “I think it's a fabulous venue. Could you build an on-campus facility? It's really difficult.

“The opportunity we have at Heinz Field is to right-size the stadium, to banner, to intentionally wrap (excess seats). It's 68,000 seats right now, which is in the top quartile of the Power Five schools and there's really only 10-20 schools in the country that really draw consistently over 80,000.
There's a way to make the stadium seem smaller, but the amenities at Heinz Field are phenomenal. We're going to make the best of it.”

So Heather, I have to ask...you plan on tarping like 60,000 seats??:pound::pound::pound:

And apparently her University of Michigan education didn't include any math electives...what kind of comment is it to make that only 10-20 ( Major Disparity BTW) can draw 80,000 when you only need to fill a stadium that seats 68,000?

She must have lunch often with Lying Shane Lyons, the amenities are phenomenal?...code for the University of Pittsburgh has no intention of building a facility for their football team...should have never lost the footprint of the old stadium!!

Umm....this is where her priorty's are??...

She also believes Pitt baseball can be competitive against the warm-weather schools in the ACC.

“I played softball at Michigan,” she said, “so I don't think it's an excuse to be in the cold weather. The reality is it's about coaching and recruiting. Our facility is middle of the road as far as the ACC is concerned. Our practice facilities and our training facilities are not at the middle of the road. They're at the bottom of the road.

Hey Heather, same could be said about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All one has to do is peek at my avatar. KO of a Pitt football game at Heinz Field.

Narduzzi was losing his mind last night. Good thing our coach doesn’t behave like that anymore...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU needs to be proactive and help out our friends up north by purchasing some Ad space on those tarps iyam.

"Real college football is only an hour away!! (Insert flying WV logo here)"

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All one has to do is peek at my avatar. KO of a Pitt football game at Heinz Field.

Narduzzi was losing his mind last night. Good thing our coach doesn’t behave like that anymore...

The opening kickoff pretty much summed up how the game was going to go...97 yards in 16 seconds and 7 missed tackles...it was a thing of beauty!

They are disgracing the throw back uniforms...Dorsett and the boys have to be cringing!