• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well I have to give Texas some credit

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thumb.aspx

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they’d hire Shawn Eichorst. The Nebraska AD who got fired.

Seeing as how well hiring fired Nebraska Offensive Coordinators has worked for their football team.

In all seriousness, this was they guy I was hoping Nebraska was going after. I’m good with Moos after the way he’s handled things so far, but Del Conte appears to be the real deal.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they'd hire ours.

He's called the "Phantom" at FSU because he's never seen. Well, we've spotted him a few
times attending Duke basketball games, but that's about it. (On the Duke side)

Beats all I've ever seen.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT got the real deal. What he has done at TCU is pretty damn impressive starting with getting TCU into the Big 12 along with the renovation of both the football stadium and basketball arena along with coaches that make both work... and that's just those two areas of the university. Plus, in all the interviews I've heard with the guy he seems like a total class act and not the normal stuffy, PC dipshit AD you hear from in other areas.

He ain't DeLoss Dodds. At all.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was top of my list for Nebraska.
Moos didn't fuck up the Frost hire, but let's face it, somebody with zero AD experience could have gotten Scott Frost to Nebraska.

There's no way what Del Conte did for TCU's athletic programs was it shit house luck.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this hire does is shorten Herman and Smart's leashes.......

Herman needs to start winning, and soon. Smart has the basketball program headed in the right direction, he's getting national recruits and currently winning most games but struggling to close out powerhouse teams (OT loss to Duke, Gonzaga)

I'd like to see both coaches retained, because I think they're both good hires......both young with room to grow. But I'm SURE Del Conte already has replacements in mind.

His biggest job will be to reign in the boosters. For all the hate Deloss Dodds gets from some of you, he RAN the AD with an iron fist.......boosters bowed down and kissed the ring in his presence. Del Conte is gonna need some of that mojo, because since Dodds left they've gotten out of hand.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like big brother has done some benchmarking on little brother. :thumb: Couple more mediocre deacons and he will get rid of your Sumlin and hire a good coach