• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, I guess I better post this fer yoose guise.............

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been debating on whether or not to post this but in the end I consider yoose all my friends, not just guise on a FF message board. So, I went in fer an angiogram (yes, I spell about as gud as @The Foot ) and it didn't go as planned. Good news is they didn't have to take me into immediate surgery but I will be having a Triple By-Pass on Feb. 5th. I didn't want yoose to wonder what happened to Sam as I prolly won't be posting fer awhile. The pisser is he could have stinted 2 of the arteries but the 3rd was bad enough to just do the triple. BTW, I have a great doctor (yeah, Pocatello Idaho, right?)..................the East Coast hospitals have been trying to get this guy to run their Cardio Departments fer awhile. Unfortunately, this seems to be his claim to fame.................do watch it, you'll trip out...............lol.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been debating on whether or not to post this but in the end I consider yoose all my friends, not just guise on a FF message board. So, I went in fer an angiogram (yes, I spell about as gud as The Foot) and it didn't go as planned. Good news is they didn't have to take me into immediate surgery but I will be having a Triple By-Pass on Feb. 5th. I didn't want yoose to wonder what happened to Sam as I prolly won't be posting fer awhile. The pisser is he could have stinted 2 of the arteries but the 3rd was bad enough to just do the triple. BTW, I have a great doctor (yeah, Pocatello Idaho, right?)..................the East Coast hospitals have been trying to get this guy to run their Cardio Departments fer awhile. Unfortunately, this seems to be his claim to fame.................do watch it, you'll trip out...............lol.

Wow Sammy, so sorry to hear any medical issue but 'ticker' issues are one that you really hate to hear about. Hope it all goes well and an improved (health-wise Sammy graces us with his presence soon). I' ll be praying for you man. ... Sounds like you are in good hands.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will hope and pray that your surgery is successful.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Sam!
Didn't think you were old enough to have blocked arteries?
Sounds like you're in good hands.

I have a couple of friends who had similar surgeries.
Don't be surprised if you are unexpectedly more emotional afterwards.
I guess it's a result of such a surgery.

I'm here for you, Sam.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam my heart is with you. It sounds like your in great hands and believe it or not these operations are becoming pretty common even for average doctors. Actually know a guy who had a triple bypass just a month ago and he is doing great and he is in his 70s so try to stay positive. We all love you man and wish for a speedy recovery.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Sam!

I'm here for you, Sam.

Thanks guise.................smoked fer 30 years..............DON'T SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Sam. I had a stint put in some years ago. I’m not one to have much confidence in doctors as a rule, but they have all this heart stuff down pat. So don’t let it worry you, you’ll be fine and well feel a lot better once you heal

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck sam, you will be ok, and a little cardiac rehab you will be humming alonh

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Sam!

I'm here for you, Sam.

My brother had a severe blockage when he was only 48, happened while playing tennis - he's quite the health nut BTW. Luckily he had great friend to get the emergency response team on hand quickly - they were able to put a stint in within an hr once he got to the hospital. He'll be 60 this yr and absolutely no issues since. Doctor said it was a fluke as a piece of plaque had dislodged (we all have some) and happened to get turn the wrong way. Anyway, he was back playing tennis within 6 mos and feeling great ever since. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy - I feel ya, brother...gone through certain things myself the past year.

I ain't a prayin' guy, but fer you I'll do it anyway, cuz!!!!

And I hope to be whipping your ass in FF next season. :suds::suds::suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang, that sucks. Best of luck old friend. Thoughts n prayers your way.

BTW, all that time off, the recovery, you'll be a posting madman! ;)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been debating on whether or not to post this but in the end I consider yoose all my friends, not just guise on a FF message board. So, I went in fer an angiogram (yes, I spell about as gud as @The Foot ) and it didn't go as planned. Good news is they didn't have to take me into immediate surgery but I will be having a Triple By-Pass on Feb. 5th. I didn't want yoose to wonder what happened to Sam as I prolly won't be posting fer awhile. The pisser is he could have stinted 2 of the arteries but the 3rd was bad enough to just do the triple. BTW, I have a great doctor (yeah, Pocatello Idaho, right?)..................the East Coast hospitals have been trying to get this guy to run their Cardio Departments fer awhile. Unfortunately, this seems to be his claim to fame.................do watch it, you'll trip out...............lol.

you better be spoofin' my heart surgery thread.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you and great thoughts headed your way.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool that you have a famous doctor doing the surgery!

GL with everything and I hope for a speedy recovery as well - I'll tell my religious friends to pray for you, and I'll hail the science/medicine/technology that is actually going to go to work for ya!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn BD, not even I would spoof a thread from like, 3 years ago.................lol.

Sorry to hear about this sam...sounds like you caught it before any irreparable damage to the heart. I don't envy you. The following 8 weeks is complete hell. It's been almost 4 years since mine, and I still have nerve-damage in my collarbone areas from the surgery.

Rent ya a Hospital chair for the first month home. You'll thank me.

I don't know how old your kids are, but if they are chaotic, it'll be intense af. I couldn't even watch a dumb brainless sitcom for the first month. Took me almost the full 8 weeks before I could stand to listen to music of any kind. Normal everyday chaos is overwhelming af.

I don't think you are much older than me...do the rehab, do it, do it, do it. It's yer best avenue to getting back to and semblance of normal.

Good luck brother.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incentive-spirometer.jpg

This devil-tool will be your worst enemy, but secretly your best friend. Super important to do it, but miserable af.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
incentive-spirometer.jpg

This devil-tool will be your worst enemy, but secretly your best friend. Super important to do it, but miserable af.
Yeah, I have one of those now...............hitting around 3000. On a good note, I just got back from tLung Doc...........overall my lungs are 100% clear (that's a miracle) and operating at 90% capacity..............