• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to DC Alex

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... what I am saying is, if he is as good as or better, the team shouldnt NEED to trade away resources to put all powerful pieces around him. Its a move based in desperation to prove that moving away from Cousins was a smart move.

not desperation just aggressive and smart.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the contract i dont have an issue with , CDC the free agent signing would be ok , but the ASS trade was foolish

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the contract i dont have an issue with , CDC the free agent signing would be ok , but the ASS trade was foolish

you were blasting A. Smiths talent calling him a check down Charlie when we made the trade. The trade was necessary to get him here.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were blasting A. Smiths talent calling him a check down Charlie when we made the trade. The trade was necessary to get him here.
i can live with check down charlie as a bridge to another qb since we werent keeping KC

the trade was stupid period . we had other options

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can live with check down charlie as a bridge to another qb since we werent keeping KC

the trade was stupid period . we had other options

well we disagree on those other options.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins contract vs ALex Smith

Player 2018 hit 2019 hit 2020 hit

Kirk Cousins 24 mil. 29 mil. 31 mil.

Alex Smith. 18.4 mil. 20.4 mil. 21.4 mil

Those numbers seem very large in difference. Now consider the cap hit for the two following seasons for cutting Smith because he will be a backup by then. The dead cap is 13.5 million, 4.5 million more per season that preceded. This would raise the Alex Smith cap hits to 22.9, 24.9 million, and 25.9 million. After three seasons, Kirk Cousins would be done being paid for. There is no way Alex Smith is our QB in 2021 and we will eat 13.5 million...if not sooner.

Now let’s consider this...Kirk Cousins plus Kendall Fuller over the next two seasons versus AS and Scandrick. This is going on the average of 5 mil a season for Scandrick.

2018 hit. 2019 hit

KCKF. 24.6 mil. 29.75 mil

ASOS. 23.4 mil. 25.4 mil

Now add in the third rounder we lost at a low contract value and will replace with a veteran of some sort. The veteran will have a higher cost and likely be less skilled. We also went from 30 and 23 to 34 and 31.

We can argue who is better between KC and AS. There is no argument between Fuller and Scandrick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins contract vs ALex Smith

Player 2018 hit 2019 hit 2020 hit

Kirk Cousins 24 mil. 29 mil. 31 mil.

Alex Smith. 18.4 mil. 20.4 mil. 21.4 mil

Those numbers seem very large in difference. Now consider the cap hit for the two following seasons for cutting Smith because he will be a backup by then. The dead cap is 13.5 million, 4.5 million more per season that preceded. This would raise the Alex Smith cap hits to 22.9, 24.9 million, and 25.9 million. After three seasons, Kirk Cousins would be done being paid for. There is no way Alex Smith is our QB in 2021 and we will eat 13.5 million...if not sooner.

Now let’s consider this...Kirk Cousins plus Kendall Fuller over the next two seasons versus AS and Scandrick. This is going on the average of 5 mil a season for Scandrick.

2018 hit. 2019 hit

KCKF. 24.6 mil. 29.75 mil

ASOS. 23.4 mil. 25.4 mil

Now add in the third rounder we lost at a low contract value and will replace with a veteran of some sort. The veteran will have a higher cost and likely be less skilled. We also went from 30 and 23 to 34 and 31.

We can argue who is better between KC and AS. There is no argument between Fuller and Scandrick.

/Sarcasm engaged

BUt.. we are a better team with Smith and Scandrick

/Sarcasm disabled

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the quote "it is very apparent the will to win ..." as evidenced by the past 26 years. :pound:Of course everyone we have paid a shit ton of money has said the same thing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the quote "it is very apparent the will to win ..." as evidenced by the past 26 years. :pound:Of course everyone we have paid a shit ton of money has said the same thing.
i think the players do for sure

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith threw 4.2 passes of 20+ per game last season. He threw only 2.9 such passes the couple years before that. I'm curious how much those deep numbers carry over. #Redskins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said several weeks ago and I see Gruden agrees that RPOs are a weapon to be used in conjunction some of the time. Really what Bullock was describing was basic football especially with an experienced QB. The RPOs I am interested in seeing from Smith are ones where he is out on the move and puts pressure on the D to make the decision to stay with their pass coverage or come up to attack Smith. I believe that is what Gruden is interested in also.

Bullock's description of find the weak spot in the defense and attack there is what you are supposed to try on every play. That is why there option routes for receivers, audibles etc. etc.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said several weeks ago and I see Gruden agrees that RPOs are a weapon to be used in conjunction some of the time. Really what Bullock was describing was basic football especially with an experienced QB. The RPOs I am interested in seeing from Smith are ones where he is out on the move and puts pressure on the D to make the decision to stay with their pass coverage or come up to attack Smith. I believe that is what Gruden is interested in also.

Bullock's description of find the weak spot in the defense and attack there is what you are supposed to try on every play. That is why there option routes for receivers, audibles etc. etc.

We spoke about this so, :thumb: (BTW; we should also see some improvement in the run game with increased use of this as well.)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so Sty. I would love to pickup a back in the 2nd round that can be a three down back. I hope Smith's ability to run helps the run game.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith threw 4.2 passes of 20+ per game last season. He threw only 2.9 such passes the couple years before that. I'm curious how much those deep numbers carry over. #Redskins

"For much of Smith's career with the Chiefs, the team was devoid of any wide receiver talent to speak of. So poor were they at the position, that team went the entirety of 2015 without a wideout catching a touchdown pass. As talent was placed around him though, so too did results. According to Pro Football Focus, Smith led the NFL in adjusted completion percentage, yards and quarterback rating on deep balls."

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find this guy amusing , he averages maybe 3 posts a month and he thinks he KNOWS what goes on here . i challenged him to go through game threads and read them for 3 years so he can see the "support " KC got but he didnt . he isnt interested in seeing what the truth is and worse he is uninformed

if he read these game posts and post game threads ETC he would know what was going on and would know it wasnt just about bitching about the team .

i guess looking at the game and commenting during the break with fellow fans is something he cant do , do to lack of multi tasking ability

i know why the people who say i "cross the line " actually say that . the main reason is when they say they didnt say something and i search engine it and show them they did , they get offended because i wouldnt let them off the hook when they moved a goal post

own what you say

he thinks i should have no reason to be bitching at some of these guys for what they did and expect i should just let things go .

well the hell with that and me being a mod doesnt change the fact that i have an opinion the damn owners of this board do and say the same things i do .

guys and gals further up the chain do the same thing

if i wanted too i could delete their posts , ban them and all other kinds of things if i were a jerk but i let them express every POV the want too even when i am attacked

if i call someone a moron , they can call me a moron because i opened it up for myself to be called one

and again i challenge anyone , anyone at all to find a post i have made ever declaring a regular poster on this board was not a fan for not believing in my POV .

i think sty said the name change era here is when i said he wasnt a fan , yet i saw no post brought forward backing any claim like that up (or maybe he was talking about my position if the skins changed their name )

i very well may have said it on that occasion and will own it if presented but i dont think i did.

now i may have made the statement if the skins changed their name i would not follow the new name

. in fact i am sure i did but damn that is a new team , new history new logo , new everything , certainly not the redskins and no argument can be made that it is . the titans arent the oilers the chiefs arent the cowboys , the colts arent the texans the ravens arent the browns

if people dont know what i am talking about get an nfl history book and read it

so yeah i get to respond to even the uninformed interlopers

i have almost 22,000 posts , i bet the vast majority of them defend this team and are positive . same with sporting news and espn

That might be the most self centered post in a sports fan forum history. The last one is the best. "i have almost 22,000 post"...does that mean, because I have only 1,500, and you have 22K you have a bigger D I C K?

If I said the same thing over, over, and over I might have a few more post...and be someone in your eyes who "KNOWS" what goes on here...LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be the most self centered post in a sports fan forum history. The last one is the best. "i have almost 22,000 post"...does that mean, because I have only 1,500, and you have 22K you have a bigger D I C K?

If I said the same thing over, over, and over I might have a few more post...and be someone in your eyes who "KNOWS" what goes on here...LOL
i guess that was above you , what it meant is you arent here enough to know what is going on at all