• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weekly Thoughts

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... we got our ass handed to us by an 8-4 team... can't really harp on the coaches though, GT showed up with a great game plan on both sides of the ball and just dominated our offensive and defensive lines.

I hate the mother fucking cut block for so many reasons; Brandon Thompson almost got cut in half on the only chop block call of the night. Luckily for us though, their o-line resorted to diving at our defender's feet the rest of the night, but it's impossible to simulate cut blocks at practice... too many defenders on the ground on the outside runs make it impossible to defend the triple option.

Good news is though, we are 8-1 and still in control of the Atlantic Division. Even though Wake lost, we still need to beat them in order to clinch our spot in Charlotte. Looking back, if someone were to tell me that we would 8-1 at this juncture with wins over Auburn, FSU, VT, and UNC at any point during the off-season (or first month) I would've called bull shit. I've said this before, we're playing with house money at this point and have already exceeded 99% of the expectations. We need to take care of business for the next four weeks STARTING AT PRACTICE TODAY and roll into Charlotte with confidence.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a great season thus far and I hope this team refocuses and get's amped up for what can still be a special season. I hate playing against that triple option and the cut blocks as you mentioned. I also hate that Steele has seen this Offense 4 or 5 times at least and still has no answer for it. It's mind boggling. Virginia and Miami can shut it down and Steele is freaking baffled by it. Don't get me wrong, I still think Steele is a pretty solid DC, but I can't understand why he can't stop the option O. Anyway, it's time to move on and focus our attention on Wake, NCSt, and the coots and finish this season strong. I'm going next weekend and I hope to see a blow out of major proportions. I hope. Go TIGERS!!