• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weekend of 3/14

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few noteworthy series this weekend:

#14 Ole Miss @ #1 South Carolina
#7 NC State @ #2 Florida State
#6 LSU @ #5 Vanderbilt
#18 Rice @ #29 Florida International

I got South Carolina with the sweep, FSU taking 2 of 3, Vandy taking 2 of 3, Florida International taking 2 of 3.

South Carolina is undefeated 16-0, has only given up 20 runs with 9 shutouts. Ole Miss has played a pair of big road games traveling to Southeastern (LA) and defeated them in both, but that environment will pale in comparison to what is in store in Colombia.

Both NC State and Florida State are swinging the sticks solidly to say the least. If you don't believe me take a look at how much they outscore their opponents: FSU 145-48 and NC State 116-36. I just like FSU in this series, flip of a coin I guess.

LSU and Vandy both have 1st round draft picks on the hill tonight: Aaron Nola (LSU) and Tyler Beede (VU). No clue what to expect from this series, but I think this is the one you are going to want to watch. If the SEC Tournament Championship is any indicator of what we are in store for, this could be the best series of the regular season.

Florida International may not be a big name brand but they gave North Carolina all they could handle in the tournament last year, plus have already put together an impressive 16-1 record (despite being against sub par opponents). Rice (12-6) has played a tougher schedule thus far than most teams will play all year having played: Stanford, Texas, TCU, and Sam Houston.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get one of two today it would be very impressive to me. Posche is very talented and should be the better starter, my concern is it is his first start on the road against a top ten SEC ball club.