• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9: VT @ Boston College, 12:30est, ACC Network

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is on the ACC Network so check local listings

Both teams stink and we never seem to play well in Boston so who knows. I say if we lose this game, the bowl streak is over because I think its very likely we'll lose to UNC.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their front 7 will be a tough test all day, but our defense better be able to perform against their sub standard O-line. They had 4 new starters entering the year on that unit. This may be a replay of the Wake game if the lines cannot hold up for both teams.

Bowl streak will def be done if we don't win this game. I'm not high on Marquise Williams as a QB, but I'm sure he will run all over our D so we need this desperately.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our defense and LB corps, there's no way we beat UNC. Today is a must win if we want to go to a bowl.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the W. It wasn't pretty after halftime but we still one. Looked like we got complacent with both the playcalling and overall player energy once we got up. Defense did a better job but BC kept playing into our hands with all the runs. I'm surprised they played a freshman walk on instead of someone they felt more comfortable with throwing the ball down field. We also got lucky because the ACC refs totally screwed BC on a fumble return for TD that would have made it a one score game. Could have been a totally different ball game with how lackluster the offense was in the second half.

Speaking of offense, Loeffler has gone full blown Stinespring with the way he's telegraphing what's going to happen based on the formation/personnel groupings he uses. I'm glad his days are numbered

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of offense, Loeffler has gone full blown Stinespring with the way he's telegraphing what's going to happen based on the formation/personnel groupings he uses. I'm glad his days are numbered

It's very hard for me to believe our offense can go from looking semi competent to absolute shit as much as ours does without intervention.

We haven't had a good looking offense in 10+ years. Taking your foot off the gas has been a constant, predictable play-calling has been a constant, condoning sub-par execution has been a constant. The inability to make in-game adjustments has been a constant.

I don't think Loeffler is a good OC, but the OC philosophies have changed over the last 20 years, the HC haven't.