• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 vs. Bengals

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's do this ladies and gentlemen......

Rivalry time once again. Steelers. Bengals. Round 1.

Last week, we knocked off the Chiefs and gave them their first loss. We should be riding high on this momentum Bell seems to look like himself, AB is making plays like always, we got a top 5 defense. Our offense needs to pick up the pace but we will get there. These games are always close for some reason, however, we are 12-3 against them since 2010, 17-6 since 2006. Last time the Bengals beat us was when they laid Le'Veon out for the season in 2015. The last 3 games have been decided by 1 possession. I feel like our defense has this game locked down, but idk if we can trust our offense yet. I hope the momentum of getting the win over KC transfers to this game. I have the Steelers winning this game 27-17 with a great game from Big Ben. Come on Steelers! Lets wake up and play how we know we can play!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 is already upon us.

I think we feel a little better about our Steelers after a road win in KC. That win takes them into this matchup with a 4-2 record, 1st in the north and the Bengals are 2-3 coming off back to back wins after starting the season with 3 losses.

The Bengals have some interesting rankings...DEF is #2 vs yds and points, OFC 30th pts, 24th yds. They're not that good on DEF and they're not that bad on OFC. As always against CIN...it starts with blocking Atkinson...Geno is a true stud DT, and playing like it. Pat Sims is his DT mate...not 2nd yr man Andrew Billings...interesting he couldn't crack that line up. Michael Johnson has look good so far, and I'm sure they will unleash the rookie pass rusher, Carl Lawson in this game. They have a good front 7 and they back them up pretty well.

On OFC they had struggled mightily, fired the OC and have since started making some gains. Still not running the ball quite like you would thing they should with the cast of RBs they have...that tells me the OL is probably still not clicking 100%.

The Steelers obviously should've lost to the Bengals in the playoff game last yr, but they enjoy a 4 game win streak over the Bengals...I'm sure that is a big topic in their locker room.

Injuries...Vince Williams (Hip), and Matakavich (leg?) are thought to be dinged up...I'm not seeing Dirty Red on any list available today. If they are both truly dinged up...Fort will be the next man up if Matakavich or VWill can't go...I'm guessing Dirty Red will play. Gilbert (Hamstring)...this one is a little scary. Did he come back too soon and tweaked it? I'm not counting on him this week. Foster (back)...maybe he's ready this week.

Outlook...I don't trust the Bengal OTs, I think the Steeler front 7 is going to give the Bengals OL a rough time in general. At the same time I'm not expecting Bell to have a great game as a RB this week. There are no good matchups vs Atkins, but I'm not as concerned about Dunlap vs Hubbard...I don't like Hubbard vs a smaller guy like Lawson. I think it will be fairly low scoring barring some short field turnovers...I don't like either running game in this one, but I think they will be able to pass block okay and Juju seems like a good weapon vs this team. We'll see what Haley does...I like the Steelers to stay undefeated in DIV for another week.

23-17 PIT

What say you?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops...I didn't see your thread Terry...we're doubling dipping here...maybe @MISKO can merge them...or I can cut n past my post over here and delete the other one...either way.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Not really sure what to expect this week. The Bengals defense is 2nd in total yards allowed per game behind the Broncos, and 2nd in points allowed per game. They are playing pretty well. The return of Burfict was the catalyst that launched that unit into the top 5. He, Atkins & Pacman have been stellar this year. Pacman has always done a great job of bottling up AB so it will be on Ben to find open receivers elsewhere. Bengals aren't very strong over the top or between the hashes so I'd love for JuJu, JJ & Rogers to get more involved. Maybe even get more cross routes to Bryant. The squeaky wheel gets the grease right? He may not have asked for a trade, but Ben knows he wants to ball more. Thinking we'll see some good vertical shots downfield to Marty. That would work wonders in opening up the run game. Bell vs. Burfict is probably going to be the biggest matchup to watch. With the O-line still not at full strength I'm somewhat pessimistic about the run game this week.

Defense... Not seeing much in terms of trouble for the defense. The D-line should dominate their O-line the entire game. Dalton will play scared because of it. The only thing that worries me is their propensity to lose containment at the worst times. Dalton is probably going to get a lot of balls out into the flat to keep the pass rush off balance. And with our CBs playing 12-15 off the LOS it will be on the LBers to get Bernard & Mixon to the ground. That has always been Butler's defensive weakness, when an offense gets the ball out in space. Artie & Haden against Green is going to be dicey. Thankfully both are experienced against him so they'll be prepared. Not sure if we'll see John Ross this week, but Hilton shouldn't have much of a problem shutting him down.

Should be a slugfest of a game. Hopefully we can get out of this game alive.

Mind the juju... :hope:

CIN 24 - PIT 20

It's never to early to put on the tinfoil hat!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Not really sure what to expect this week. The Bengals defense is 2nd in total yards allowed per game behind the Broncos, and 2nd in points allowed per game. They are playing pretty well. The return of Burfict was the catalyst that launched that unit into the top 5. He, Atkins & Pacman have been stellar this year. Pacman has always done a great job of bottling up AB so it will be on Ben to find open receivers elsewhere. Bengals aren't very strong over the top or between the hashes so I'd love for JuJu, JJ & Rogers to get more involved. Maybe even get more cross routes to Bryant. The squeaky wheel gets the grease right? He may not have asked for a trade, but Ben knows he wants to ball more. Thinking we'll see some good vertical shots downfield to Marty. That would work wonders in opening up the run game. Bell vs. Burfict is probably going to be the biggest matchup to watch. With the O-line still not at full strength I'm somewhat pessimistic about the run game this week.

Defense... Not seeing much in terms of trouble for the defense. The D-line should dominate their O-line the entire game. Dalton will play scared because of it. The only thing that worries me is their propensity to lose containment at the worst times. Dalton is probably going to get a lot of balls out into the flat to keep the pass rush off balance. And with our CBs playing 12-15 off the LOS it will be on the LBers to get Bernard & Mixon to the ground. That has always been Butler's defensive weakness, when an offense gets the ball out in space. Artie & Haden against Green is going to be dicey. Thankfully both are experienced against him so they'll be prepared. Not sure if we'll see John Ross this week, but Hilton shouldn't have much of a problem shutting him down.

Should be a slugfest of a game. Hopefully we can get out of this game alive.

Mind the juju... :hope:

CIN 24 - PIT 20

It's never to early to put on the tinfoil hat!!!

The juju is back out...cool...lol and now we have a Juju too...lol.

CIN DEF...when the sample size is only 5 games you really have to look at the opponents. The only playoff caliber QB they have played put up 27 on them but they have gotten Burfict back and regardless of his reputation, the guy can play. I have a different take on Adam Jones, but you're right he's done okay vs AB...I like Juju in this game for several reasons, but I would expect them to put William Jackson on him...has good size.

PIT hasn't blocked well vs elite DTs...Atkins is playing at an elite level again and normally plays RDT in their 4 DL front. I guess you have to try him a few times to keep him honest, but I'm thinking if Bell can't make it happen on the right side opposite him, it could be a long day for him....I like him more as a receiver this week and Connors a little better as a RB, but I'm sure Haley will probably give Connor 3 or 4 touches and Bell about 30.

Ben/Haley need to spread it around...maybe AB/Bell don't get as many targets this week. Else this will be a game of punting and field position.

CIN OFC...Ross is likely out. AJ is going to make plays...my hope is Mitchell plays a decent game and doesn't get beat OTT. I think they have to attack the CIN OL and keep Mixon from getting to the 2nd level....I expect Davis to be in the box a lot in this game, he, Shazier and Dirty Red need to tackle well.

If I were CIN, I would have Dalton coming out throwing early and often to try and loosen that front 7 up to run later...if they try to establish the run early, I think they will also be punting also.

Dupree/Watt/Chick/Deebo...somebody out of this group needs to have a good game...they are not good at either OT spot.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this being a close ballgame. I think Cincinnati's defense has been very good against mostly bad offensive football teams. That said, there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball and they have proven playmakers at all key positions on defense. They can cause some trouble. Like all defenses though, they look better if they aren't on the field. Against Green Bay, they held the Packers to next to nothing in the first half of football. They were helped along by an offense that was moving the ball and creating long fields for Aaron Rogers. Things broke down in the second half when the Bengals failed to convert on a single third down for the entire half, the defense was on the field a lot, it was 90 degrees in Green Bay and Rogers started beating a tired D.

I think Pittsburgh poses a real problem for the Bengals offense. This will be, by far, the toughest road environment they have played in this season and the offensive line is shaky even when on their own field. I think time of possession and turnovers will be key to this game and I expect they will be radically skewed in Pittsburgh's favor. I suspect that this will be a 10+ point victory for Pittsburgh.... Most of the damage coming in the last 1.5 quarters of the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this being a close ballgame. I think Cincinnati's defense has been very good against mostly bad offensive football teams. That said, there is a lot of talent on that side of the ball and they have proven playmakers at all key positions on defense. They can cause some trouble. Like all defenses though, they look better if they aren't on the field. Against Green Bay, they held the Packers to next to nothing in the first half of football. They were helped along by an offense that was moving the ball and creating long fields for Aaron Rogers. Things broke down in the second half when the Bengals failed to convert on a single third down for the entire half, the defense was on the field a lot, it was 90 degrees in Green Bay and Rogers started beating a tired D.

I think Pittsburgh poses a real problem for the Bengals offense. This will be, by far, the toughest road environment they have played in this season and the offensive line is shaky even when on their own field. I think time of possession and turnovers will be key to this game and I expect they will be radically skewed in Pittsburgh's favor. I suspect that this will be a 10+ point victory for Pittsburgh.... Most of the damage coming in the last 1.5 quarters of the game.

I have a feeling both OFCs will struggle to some degree...I'm not feeling great about the Steeler OL matchup this week...Atkins will probably be going up against a backup LG in Finney...a capable player, but a back up vs a pro bowler...I'm going with the pro bowler.

On the outside...Gilbert is probably not going to play and he normally matches up with Dunlap...Hubbard is a decent backup but struggles against smaller, quick twitch type DL, I think he'll do okay vs Dunlap and another case with a backup vs a solid starter. I'm not sure how CIN uses Lawson...right or left side, but I'm concerned about him...both Steeler OTs stuggle with smaller DEs that have some quickness.

Without Eifert, that limits how Dalton can attack the zone....I'm not sure about 10+ margin but I do think PIT will win...DIV games they tend to have better focus.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bengals convert on third down, limit turnovers and can possess the ball for a few long drives, they'll have a chance to keep it close. But these have been serious problems for them over the past 2 seasons and I think it's a lot to ask in this situation. That's why I think they lose by double digits.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Update

The bad...Tuitt (back) did not practice today and has been ruled out. Alualu gets the start and quietly has been a life saver on the DL.

The good...Pouncey, V Williams, Matakevich and Foster all practiced today and are expected to play.

Steelers 2017 Week 7 Injury Report: DE Stephon Tuitt Ruled Out For Bengals Game - Steelers Depot
Interesting seein Tuitt miss practice all week. Didn't realize he was hurt? Oh well, at least the Cincy O-line isn't a threat. Alualu & Walton should get plenty of work and do well.

No point in risking Gilbert. They need him healthy for the long run so Tomlin should keep him on the shelf & get that hammy healed up.

Glad to see V-Will practice. Need his presence for the run defense. Still don't know if I have a ton of faith in Dirty Red. He earned his spot but I've seen him get trucked a few times in the preseason. Heard he had a good tackle last week in the RZ but I missed it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers 44
Bengals 22

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a purple drank kind of guy...

Oh! Well why dintcha say so, here you are!
EPS_622154.jpg

71J%2BIteWgdL._SY355_.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know how to bet this game. The Steelers and Big Ben have greatly disappointed me this season.