• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7 @ The Trojans????? Oh...it's Troy this time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two groups of Trojans in one year? Well, they already got butt-fucked by the group from Southern California so I guess this other group from Alabama better get ready for some sloppy seconds.

Idaho's coming off a bye week after a rough game against Arkansas State in which they only had 19 active defensive players and started a redshirt freshman at QB. Definitely was not a great situation, but they still managed to cover the spread and scored the most points they have scored all season against an FBS team in a 49-35 loss. Would have been a lot worse if Fredi Knighten had played for ASU however.

Unfortunately injuries on the defensive side of the ball are still going to be a factor this week. Jayshawn Jordan and Jordan Grabski are both likely out at corner and safety. Leonard Hazewood will redshirt, meaning he's obviously unavailable at linebacker. Khalin Smith has apparently been moved over to LB to basically fill a need but I'm fairly certain he will still get reps at TE in goal line situations. I have heard nothing on Ryan Edwards, but I am sure Marc Millan will play the full game this week.

On offense injuries aren't as much of an issue. Matt Linehan will at the very least see half of the snaps in this game. If he's fully healthy hopefully he see them all. Additionally WR David Ungerer will be back after injuring his leg in the first quarter of the Ohio game.

Still I'm not sure this is all going to matter. Troy has only one win on the season and that was against FCS Charleston Southern, but they have played admirably against three P5 teams in NCST, Wisconsin, and Miss St. and lost a close one to South Alabama. Last week they actually out scored Miss St. 17-7 in the second half. Granted, this was not against the starters but it's still impressive IMO. This Troy team is better than their record indicates.

Prediction: This is Troy's homecoming game and they've spent the last three weeks grinding it out against tough competition. Idaho's defense is still injured and is currently ranked dead last in FBS in yards per play at 8.15. The Trojans will have no trouble moving the ball. The Vandal offense is solid but Troy's defense is good enough to keep them under the 50 points they'd need to win this game. Troy will likely be ahead by a 20+ in the fourth so I think Idaho gets 10 or so garbage time points to make this look closer than it really will be.

Final Score: Troy 45 Idaho 31

I''ll be watching this game, but it would definitely be more exciting to watch actual Trojans in a big-ass fight against a tribe of actual East-Germanic Vandals.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as a side note two JC transfers have officially left the team this week. Pretty much tells you all you need to know about how reliable your players are going to be if you focus heavily on recruiting JC transfers over high school kids. This is far from the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that they're flying out at midnight due to plane troubles. Game is tomorrow 12:30 pm pst. They fucked.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, apparently they flew out at 3:30 am for a 12:30 pst game. Showed up without much rest, only 20 active guys on defense, and a (still) injured QB. Epps played WR, DB, and returned punts today. And they still fucking won. Tried damn hard to lose, but lucked out on a missed Troy FG at the end to tie it up.

Really, the game should have not have been this close. Four turnovers forced by the Idaho D yet they were only up 13 in the fourth. Gotta question putting Luton in this game at all considering how much better the offense was with Linehan in there.

Also gotta give a shout out to the Troy coach who started a terrible QB for 3 quarters before coming to his senses and putting in a guy who can actually throw to exploit the injured Idaho secondary. If they start the right QB all game, Troy wins this one. Whatever, I'll take it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should drop by the doobs show in members only we're playing caption slap . you would be good at that

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well someone has to I guess. BTW I like your chances against Utah this week (obviously Vegas does too). Should be a good one. :suds:

2-0 on my college football predictions this week. As Rock Strongo would say, suck it. Suck it eight times.