• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ Saints

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st of two with the hated rival...I never disliked the Saints until I moved to ATL and discovered how much they hate Atlanta. You have to live in the either of the towns to know much about it, but hopefully coach Quinn has been brought up to speed.

In the early part of the summer...I thought this would be a 3 team race to win the DIV...then NO decided to trade possibly the best player on the team to SEA for Max Unger and a draft pick that has turned into ILB Stephone Anthony.

The OFC has missed Graham in spite of trying to fill his big frame with another one in Brandon Coleman...the DEF has some young guys playing a lot of minutes and it has not been pretty.

Because this is such a heated rival, the game might be closer than what the previous games played this year might suggest.

I think ATL is playing better than NO in all phases...if the OL continues to play as they have thru the 1st 5 games and Matt doesn't turn it over 2 or 3 times the Falcons will win this game...I'm calling it close, but I can see ATL winning by 6.

ATL 24, NO 23

What say you?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you know it's going to be close. The Saints ranking 30th in the league in rushing defense is an advantage Atlanta has while Freeman has the hot hand. I don't think Coleman was fully recovered during the last game and we can expect to see an increase in touches for him eventually. I'm just not sure if it will be on this short week. Right now Atlanta has the number one defense in the league against the run which is pretty impressive. At the end of the day Brees is going to have to beat us but that's nothing new as far as threats go in this matchup.

There is actually at least one phase where NO has been better. They edge us out in defensive passing yards allowed per game.

I think it will be Falcons 20 - Saints 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you know it's going to be close. The Saints ranking 30th in the league in rushing defense is an advantage Atlanta has while Freeman has the hot hand. I don't think Coleman was fully recovered during the last game and we can expect to see an increase in touches for him eventually. I'm just not sure if it will be on this short week. Right now Atlanta has the number one defense in the league against the run which is pretty impressive. At the end of the day Brees is going to have to beat us but that's nothing new as far as threats go in this matchup.

There is actually at least one phase where NO has been better. They edge us out in defensive passing yards allowed per game.

I think it will be Falcons 20 - Saints 17

On paper this should be 30-15 ATL.

I've watched the Saints play twice and all of the Falcon games so far...this Quinn team has a a bit of swag that you need going on the road. I think Quinn is going to go after Brees and force him to pass it quick. Again...I'm calling it close too because it always seems to be, but I think ATL is the better team and worst case, closer to equal in the HC dept now.

B

bravesfan1

With me living in the Panhandle of FLorida, i have to watch all the Saints games(blah), they are not very impressive at all(the only win against the Cowboys, and Tampa Bay made them all look like rookies in New Orleans),like ATL said, on paper, this should be a blowout...but i think realistically it will be 30-23

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a horrible feeling about tonight's game, personally. I don't like Thursday Night Football games in the first place. Also, New Orleans always plays their best against us, and we always seem to play our worst when we're the favored team (hence all the first half fuck ups).

They looked like garbage all around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a horrible feeling about tonight's game, personally. I don't like Thursday Night Football games in the first place. Also, New Orleans always plays their best against us, and we always seem to play our worst when we're the favored team (hence all the first half fuck ups).

They looked like garbage all around.

The one thing that couldn't happen...multiple turnovers...happened.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that couldn't happen...multiple turnovers...happened.

I knew we were going to lose after the second fumble. Our pass rush is too horrible to keep us in it without us getting points.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we were going to lose after the second fumble. Our pass rush is too horrible to keep us in it without us getting points.

When your C dribbles a shotgun snap off his thigh for a fumble...you know it's not your night...honoring Gleason's punt block for 6 against ATL, then it happens again...talk about de ja vu.

They gotta get better rushing the passer....the sad part about the entire game is they couldn't feed off Freeman's running.