• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 vs. Jaguars

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called it a few weeks ago after the Bears game... But I seriously question Ben's passion this season. And this quote proves it. Maybe retiring would have been the better way to go.

Why should he babysit Tomlin's punk ass kids. I'm sure he'd rather be with his own children.

This goes with what I said before the season, Ben has nothing to prove. These bitch diva fuckers need to prove it, and they have proved nothing but they don't like sand in their vag!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

I have and forever love this team.....

But I hate, despise, and am sickened by 50% of the dickheads who play on this team.
Fuck, this isn't even a team. This is a bunch of bitches trying to play a man's sport with real men.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way we’re going, we might win 7 or 8 games. We will lose to the Chiefs, Packers, Patriots and probably the Texans as well with the way they are playing. There’s 6 losses right there. Can we even beat the damn Colts?? What if Andrew Luck is back by then? There shouldn’t be this many questions surrounding a team that went to the AFC title game last year and hasn’t lost anyone important in free agency or to injuries.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense might be better than we think but we'll never know because the offense won't do it's job.

Ben... looks done. But that doesn't mean that he is. And I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm close. But not yet. He's 35. Let's hope this is a slump or something that he can pull out of. He's looked sharp in practice and the pre-season. He doesn't look like his body is breaking down. So maybe he can pull out of it.

I've always been ambivalent in regards to Haley and I still kind of am. He is what he is and when Ben is on he can make any OC look good. The offense is built around Ben playing like a top 5 QB. If he doesn't do that it's going to look like dogshit. If Haley (and Tomlin) wants to keep his job then they need to figure out what Ben needs and give it to him.

My suggestion? Give Ben the ball. Let him call the plays. No huddle. High tempo. Wake the beast.

And if that doesn't work maybe the beast is dead.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note... this game almost seems like the "sky is falling game" we always seem to get first half of the year before they pull it together and make a run. Maybe this is different... or maybe 2 months from now we are looking back on this with a knowing nod.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a thing I just noticed. This league is ridiculous right now. The Jags beat the Steelers and blowout the Ravens, yet lose to the Jets in OT. I mean come on now. We are so much better than this. Ben needs to wake the fuck up. Someone needs to take a stand in that damn locker room and wake EVERYONE the fuck up! This is goddamn ridiculous! You let a rookie fucking RBs run for almost 200 yards on you?! You let a defense score 14 points?! You throw 5 DAMN INTS?!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought I would feel better when I woke up but I feel fucking worse!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know what's going on with Harrison. He's not on the injury report. He's a guy with actual passion. As much as the Run D is suffering right now, I don't see how he isn't on the field. 7 total completed passes between the Bears and Jags Offenses in the losses.

That's some funny shit right there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @ATL96Steeler and anyone else.......

This is bullshit, I know Ben can shoulder some blame but the words, "I'm not playing well enough, maybe I don't have it anymore"

This will most likely be Ben's last season..........

Steelers Home

Ben played awful and deserves whatever criticism comes with it, but imo it's deep than Ben.

I've given Tomlin more slack than most, but it's pretty clear to me that he cannot get the team up to play the lessor known brands in the NFL...at this point I think that will dog him the rest of his career.

Back to Ben...we know we're seeing the end, and I think he was being a little sarcastic by saying maybe he's lost it or whatever...he did clean that up shortly after with that same writer...that said, I think he's all in for this season, but I'm not counting on him in '18 and if that's the case...it's been a great ride and we'll see you in Canton, but close out this yr strong...that effort yesterday is not how you want to go out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Huge failure by the Steelers to win at home against a bottom feeder. That is completely unacceptable. Offense was 7-15 on 3rd downs (47%) & 0-3 in the RZ. The best signs of life we saw all game from the offense was when Ben went no-huddle to start the 2nd half taking Haley out of the equation. On the plus side, they weren't nearly as penalized today. But that's picking a peanut out of this pile of shit. F---

Offense... LMAO. Just when you thought this unit couldn't get any uglier. lol. Ben had 5 INTs. Can't really fault him on the pick 6's since they were tipped passes, but he's still forcing throws & failing to find open receivers. No way around it now, Ben's play is in sharp decline. They can no longer rely on him to carry this team. O-line struggled to open up the running game and they played right into the Jags' strengths by throwing the ball more. Blink & suddenly they are down 11pts playing from behind & needing to air it out. Jags had them right where they wanted them almost all day, and it snowballed quickly. Their only TD was nullified by a holding call on DeCastro. That sums up their effort today. Receivers sucked today. F---

Defense... They did their job for most of the game until late in the 2nd half where they got dismantled by the run game. Simply put, they were gassed. Saw some tackling issues. Watched Bud Dupree get stiff armed like he was trying to tackle a semi truck. That was laughable. Can someone please tell Mike Mitchell he's embarrassing himself by celebrating a tackle when they are getting dominated? Not to mention Mitchell probably only makes that hit maybe 1 out of every 4 times. C-

ST... Boz was perfect, Berry was inconsistent. 1 of Berry's punts he shanked a 29yarder before the half. But he did have a nice 54yard boomer to pin the Jags inside their own 10. C

Overall... Turned the game off in the 3rd quarter. Couldn't bare to watch this shitshow continue. Team was absolutely deflated by the turnovers. At this point I'm all for someone getting shitcanned. A message needs to be sent. This team is being wasted. This loss is absolutely crushing to their playoff hopes. F

Outlook... Steelers face a brutal road matchup in Arrowhead next week. I think I can easily say with confidence that the Chiefs will beat the tar off this pathetic excuse for a football team. Steelers will be lucky to finish 9-7 or 8-8. But luckily for them the AFCN is a complete embarrassment to the NFL. Wouldn't be surprised to see another Tomlin perennial late-bloomer season carry them into the playoffs just to suffer another embarrassing defeat.

I'm not going to bother grading that BS, but since you did I'll chime in on yours.

1st off...hats off to the Jags...they came into Heinz Field and laid the lumber to the Steelers. They played their game and got key 1st down, after key 1st down, after key 1st down...basically grinded the Steelers into a pulp.

Coaching...MT got desperate on the challenge, essentially gave away a TO to stop the momentum maybe?...there was no way in hell he was going to win that challenge....his record against teams that don't often play in JAN is well documented, and imo will follow him the rest of the way.

OFC...Hubbard got schooled badly yesterday and AVill's weak play at LT vs top tier talent continued. Obviously when you throw 2 pick 6s, and 3 more INTs, there really is nothing else to talk about...Ben even takes Haley off the firing line after a QB performance like that...but those who watch the Steelers week in, week out...something is not right with the OFC play calls.

1st possession, after the long pass to AB, 2nd &10, Bell gets a 1st down on a nice run. Okay...1st down in the RZ at 13...the next 2 plays you go right back to Bell...+4 run, and -2 run, 3rd and 11, incomplete to Bryant...well covered. Kick a FG....that set the tone for the rest of the game for the OFC...Bell and AB are great players, but Haley doesn't know how to use the players around them. You're playing a young, fast DEF, what typically works vs those kinds of teams...misdirection...Haley runs ONE misdirection play ALL DAY...a reverse to MB that went for a 1st down...but they run the WR screen half dz times.

DEF...they played far better than the scoreboard would indicate...they just gave up too many 1st downs to extend drives and eventually the wore down like you said...hated seeing that long TD run at the end, but the game was a wrap at that point.

Outlook...idk what to think just yet. That game is still casting too much of a shadow on my thoughts. Yes, the DIV is going to keep the Steelers alive...the only hope I have is the OFC comes together and the team is peaking later in the season...what we're looking at thru 5 games is not it. At best they are a one and done team IF they make it.

Tomlin's teams typically get up and play well vs the top tier teams, but winning in KC will be a tall task...the Chiefs are playing the best ball of anyone in the league right now...I'm conditioning myself for 3-3 after week 6, but we shall see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense might be better than we think but we'll never know because the offense won't do it's job.

Ben... looks done. But that doesn't mean that he is. And I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm close. But not yet. He's 35. Let's hope this is a slump or something that he can pull out of. He's looked sharp in practice and the pre-season. He doesn't look like his body is breaking down. So maybe he can pull out of it.

I've always been ambivalent in regards to Haley and I still kind of am. He is what he is and when Ben is on he can make any OC look good. The offense is built around Ben playing like a top 5 QB. If he doesn't do that it's going to look like dogshit. If Haley (and Tomlin) wants to keep his job then they need to figure out what Ben needs and give it to him.

My suggestion? Give Ben the ball. Let him call the plays. No huddle. High tempo. Wake the beast.

And if that doesn't work maybe the beast is dead.
Defense... I'm not so sure that we aren't simply seeing its peak at the moment. They have looked good in the "easy portion" of the schedule. But the schedule is about to get real for the rest of the season with almost every team boasting a top 2-3 tier QB. We'll definitely be able to tell what this defense is about against the Chiefs which should indicate how the rest of the season will go.

Ben... I really hope so. It was a frustrating day for the offense as a whole. Felt like one of those 1 step forward 2 steps back type of days. But the majority of it hinges on Ben. If he's no longer the QB they need then Haley needs to adapt his offense to a more game-manager type role. But he looked great in no-huddle so I would love to see them play that more. Maybe that'll give Ben his confidence back.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben played awful and deserves whatever criticism comes with it, but imo it's deep than Ben.

I've given Tomlin more slack than most, but it's pretty clear to me that he cannot get the team up to play the lessor known brands in the NFL...at this point I think that will dog him the rest of his career.

Back to Ben...we know we're seeing the end, and I think he was being a little sarcastic by saying maybe he's lost it or whatever...he did clean that up shortly after with that same writer...that said, I think he's all in for this season, but I'm not counting on him in '18 and if that's the case...it's been a great ride and we'll see you in Canton, but close out this yr strong...that effort yesterday is not how you want to go out.

Understanding what you are saying Atl, but this is much bigger than Ben at this point.
While the D seems to be coming together, the antics of this offense is keeping this team apart.
Like it or not, it seems we have 2 maybe 3 TO's on this offense.
I don't know the inside politics of this locker room, none of us do. But what is getting leaked out is not good.
So even if Ben is all in for this season, this is going to take a collective effort to do it. Something I think all of us can agree is the one thing this teams lacks. The ability to pull it together as a team, the capability to put your ego aside and do it for the bigger picture. This team lacks focus, which is attributed to the mediocre coaching of Mike Tomlin. Great teams don't talk about how their coach is their best buddy, they talk about what they hated about their coach that essentially made them a better player. This offense should look as good if not better than Tom Brady's offense, instead it looks more like the Bengals team on two for one hooker night.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense... I'm not so sure that we aren't simply seeing its peak at the moment. They have looked good in the "easy portion" of the schedule. But the schedule is about to get real for the rest of the season with almost every team boasting a top 2-3 tier QB. We'll definitely be able to tell what this defense is about against the Chiefs which should indicate how the rest of the season will go.

Ben... I really hope so. It was a frustrating day for the offense as a whole. Felt like one of those 1 step forward 2 steps back type of days. But the majority of it hinges on Ben. If he's no longer the QB they need then Haley needs to adapt his offense to a more game-manager type role. But he looked great in no-huddle so I would love to see them play that more. Maybe that'll give Ben his confidence back.
Tomlin needs to unleash hell! Jesus I hope that dumb shit doesn't go there again lol. Agreed though man. You know what's worse?

After that last pick I stand up and say "anyone else want to punch me in the nuts?"

My 6 year old warpig nephew (unseen to me) was within arms reach. Yeah. Haymaker right to the bag. Fuck football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin needs to unleash hell! Jesus I hope that dumb shit doesn't go there again lol. Agreed though man. You know what's worse?

After that last pick I stand up and say "anyone else want to punch me in the nuts?"

My 6 year old warpig nephew (unseen to me) was within arms reach. Yeah. Haymaker right to the bag. Fuck football.
Wholeheartedly agree my friend... Something needs to give. How this team responds will be the true testament to this season. If they can upset the Chiefs then they'll be right back on track.

If I were Tomlin... I'd be working 20 hour days this week. 19 of those hours would be with my foot up Haley's ass trying to correct this offense. But I'd also be forcing Ben into practicing on Wednesdays (his usual vet day off). Hell I'd be putting the team through 2-a-days again like its training camp. Tomlin needs to channel his inner Cowher, if there is such a thing hiding inside his goody-goody soul. The only thing that can bring this team together is lighting a 100,000 acre forest fire under this locker-room's collective asses. Tomlin is in serious jeopardy of losing this locker-room's faith. When you have a leader spouting off pouting words to the media that essentially say "I quit", then you're on the doorstep of this team falling apart.

I'm still 100% on board with firing Haley. But we know it won't happen. His saving grace this week is Ben's 5 INT's. Even so I've lost faith long ago with Tomlin holding his coaching staff accountable. It would take heat on Tomlin to push that envelope & we know that's rarely how the Rooney's do business.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wholeheartedly agree my friend... Something needs to give. How this team responds will be the true testament to this season. If they can upset the Chiefs then they'll be right back on track.

If I were Tomlin... I'd be working 20 hour days this week. 19 of those hours would be with my foot up Haley's ass trying to correct this offense. But I'd also be forcing Ben into practicing on Wednesdays (his usual vet day off). Hell I'd be putting the team through 2-a-days again like its training camp. Tomlin needs to channel his inner Cowher, if there is such a thing hiding inside his goody-goody soul. The only thing that can bring this team together is lighting a 100,000 acre forest fire under this locker-room's collective asses. Tomlin is in serious jeopardy of losing this locker-room's faith. When you have a leader spouting off pouting words to the media that essentially say "I quit", then you're on the doorstep of this team falling apart.

I'm still 100% on board with firing Haley. But we know it won't happen. His saving grace this week is Ben's 5 INT's. Even so I've lost faith long ago with Tomlin holding his coaching staff accountable. It would take heat on Tomlin to push that envelope & we know that's rarely how the Rooney's do business.
I really don't have anything to add man. We are 100% in agreement.

Next week will tell the tale.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't have anything to add man. We are 100% in agreement.

Next week will tell the tale.
And I'd tell Ben to grow out that fucking lucky beard. Uncage the animal within.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a side note... this game almost seems like the "sky is falling game" we always seem to get first half of the year before they pull it together and make a run. Maybe this is different... or maybe 2 months from now we are looking back on this with a knowing nod.

@Psych-Ward and @FaCe-LeE-uS are right about this team, but glad to see you talk them off the ledge....lol

Hopefully we'll see some better football after that sorry shit we saw yesterday.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Psych-Ward and @FaCe-LeE-uS are right about this team, but glad to see you talk them off the ledge....lol

Hopefully we'll see some better football after that sorry shit we saw yesterday.

Ledge, fuck that. I already jumped and am back for more. I'm black and gold till the day I die, but this diva shit with these guys absolutely sucks Bengals Brown Balls.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ledge, fuck that. I already jumped and am back for more. I'm black and gold till the day I die, but this diva shit with these guys absolutely sucks Bengals Brown Balls.

I hear ya Psych...I know you're not going anywhere...I was talking about the building ledge... in jest....of course...lol

FWIW...I'm with you on the divaness this OFC and others on this team have...you make a worthy play, TD, turnover, I'm okay with a little something, but after every 1st down? Really? But, like you said, Tomlin is okay with it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Psych...I know you're not going anywhere...I was talking about the building ledge... in jest....of course...lol

FWIW...I'm with you on the divaness this OFC and others on this team have...you make a worthy play, TD, turnover, I'm okay with a little something, but after every 1st down? Really? But, like you said, Tomlin is okay with it.

Gotta jump every now and then ATL....keeps the heart beating to make sure there is still life.

I remember one idiot many moons ago doing similar dancing bullshit, that dipshit didn't get to the sidelines and Cowher grabbed him and drug his ass to the sidelines. After the game they asked the WR about the thing with Cowher and the dude said, "Coach told me if I wanted to celebrate I needed to put it on the board."

I miss Cowher.....this shit would not fly on his watch!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been more glad that I didn't get this game in my area and all I saw was the lowlights on RedZone. Although with the Ravens playing at 4 and the Redskins on a bye, I don't know why the Steelers weren't on???

I won't beat a dead horse cause everyone has already said it about this game and how this season is going. I will say this, I don't expect a blow out loss to KC this week. The Steelers always play their best against top opponents and KC is the best team in the AFC so far this season. Whether that best will be good enough to beat KC is another matter altogether.