• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 Game Analysis: Georgia

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Coker had a field day. He was hitting every pass, short, intermediate and deep. Only bad play was the fumbled snap that I can recall. We are fine here if he keeps performing at that level.

RB- Henry had a ghost fumble, but other than that, his stats speak for him. Drake was about as expected, and Harris also ran pretty much as expected. We committed to the run, and it worked to perfection in setting up play action. We should keep doing this all year.

TE/FB- OJ and Nyeswander didn't get much attention during this game, but they were solid in run blocking. Keep it up guys. We will need them a lot in the upcoming games vs. Tennessee and LSU, who are both good in run defense. Also need the X-factors in the passing game.

WR- Ridley had the game of his life, which was helped by the success on play action. Mullaney also had a sick catch on the first scoring drive, which was even more impressive because of the rain. Our receivers were overly impressive in this game after 2 weeks of butterfingers. They also blocked well on the perimeter.

OL- Our O-line performed well, pass blocking and run blocking. I am thoroughly impressed at how good we were at getting to the second level of Georgia's D. We can still improve here, and must for the upcoming weeks against teams like Tennessee, TAMU, and LSU who all can rush the passer.

--------

DL- They need a nickname. They are that fucking good. We stay injury free, and we are an unstoppable force here.

LB- I wish we hadn't given up that 83 yd TD to Chubb, because it dejustified how well our Dline was just giving up nothing. We still are having problems getting the outside runs, which is where Georgia had the most success. That TD was a breakdown in gap integration, Reggie just missed it completely. We still played well, but we can definitely improve on it. Pass coverage here was much better. Very few yards after catch when LBs were covering.

Secondary- we have a secondary this year, and they are good. Fuck the haters. We are finally getting our heads turned and swiping at the ball after a catch. We have experience and young talent, which is a sick combination.

------

Special Teams- Adam Griffith now is 4-8 with 4 straight FGs. JK Scott averaged 41 yds per punt Saturday. We are making progress people. Coverage on punts and kickoffs were much improved, but we still are lacking in kick and punt returns. It could be better.

------

Intangibles- This team came into Athens with a fucking boulder on their shoulder. They said "the hell with Georgia, and the AP, and people saying our defense aint what it used to be, and that our QB play is subpar, and that our secondary is a weakness, and that we are underdogs for the first time in 6 years" and sent a big FUCK YOU out to the doubters in the form of a 38-10 ass whoopin. They are focused and ready for war after that Ole Miss debacle. This team is going to be fun to watch this year. It looks very similar to 2011, except we lost early instead of later.

------

QB- A
RB- A
WR- A
TE/FB- A
OL- A

DL- A+
LB- A-
Secondary- A

Special Teams- A

Overall Assessment- If we can play this good consistently, and be more disciplined in not getting penalties, I have no doubt this team won't lose another game. They were ready for this one. It's going to be hard to keep doing that all year. But I think this team is up to the task.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is about to start on ESPNU right now if you want to watch it again.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on vacation and didn't get to watch the game live. I finally watched it. That Bama team we saw is the best team in the country. Everything seemed to click and the team looked right. I really hope this continues because I was not impressed as a whole, with what I saw the first three games. Roll Tide

Now we just need to handle our business and hope another SEC team can give Ole Miss that needed second loss.