• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5 Game 4 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crucial defensive stop here for the Fins D. Now they just need to put together a game ending drive and close this out

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't what I was hoping for at all

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a running into the kicker of course

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Harris with a potential game-clinching sack. Be smart with the ball on offense and we will go 2-2 on the season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st down AJayi and game over

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helped that the Titans didn't have anymore timeouts. On to Atlanta we go

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see the Fins get the win. The team is at 2-2 after all that has happened with the storm & London trip. There is a lot of season ahead. Go Fins!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early in the season, so we should stick with Cutler as long as there is still something to play for. When the season OFFICIALLY slips away and there is nothing to play for than we can certainly turn to Matt Moore so you can see him turn in a similar performances to the one he had in the playoffs last season vs Pitt.

You are always looking at the one negative. How about giving him credit for the games he won to get them in playoffs. Moore is not long term answer, they should be targeting QB in next years draft as the top priority.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always looking at the one negative. How about giving him credit for the games he won to get them in playoffs. Moore is not long term answer, they should be targeting QB in next years draft as the top priority.

Before we even proceed, are you even a Fins fan? otherwise a full blown exchange regarding anything Dolphins would just be a waste with you - let me know

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we even proceed, are you even a Fins fan? otherwise a full blown exchange regarding anything Dolphins would just be a waste with you - let me know
I fully agree possibly Moore does a little better to start the season but face it shit oline, shit WR play, shit TE play also affected running game. Unless Moore is Rogers same result maybe worse like we saw in Pitt. For all of those Tanny haters the guy could at least run them out of trouble once in a while and was in sync with a few of the receivers to move the ball. Either way Cutler should eventually get better unless the oline shits the bed for the rest of the year.

On a good note D is playing better actually steller when the awols show up!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore wasn't talking about the opportunity to start when THill got hurt. I think Moore is content being a backup. He'll fill in for the team for a few games but he isn't looking to lead the team long term.

I agree on THill he would be scoring more points with this offense. That said, it's not all Cutler's fault. The Fins need a better Oline coach. That could make a difference. The offense starts with the Oline.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree possibly Moore does a little better to start the season but face it shit oline, shit WR play, shit TE play also affected running game. Unless Moore is Rogers same result maybe worse like we saw in Pitt. For all of those Tanny haters the guy could at least run them out of trouble once in a while and was in sync with a few of the receivers to move the ball. Either way Cutler should eventually get better unless the oline shits the bed for the rest of the year.

On a good note D is playing better actually steller when the awols show up!

The issue at the TE position frustrates me to no end. I rant about it every week. The issue with the lack of production at the position is not an indictment on any of our players at that position, its just the QBs and play-callers inability and unwillingness to make use out of those guys for something other than blocking - and then when they don't produce in other areas they start to wonder whats wrong.

I understand our OL is an issue and using the TEs to block more can help that, but we can't continue to completely neglect the position until late in the 4th quarter every week.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I am, been on this board for numerous years.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, to answer your question - you are complaining that I am always looking at the one negative with Matt Moore - I don't know what that one negative is you speak of actually. But here are my thoughts on the guy: He is a career backup , way too old to provide anything positive to the team beyond his experience in the league and on the team. He is a very limited player in his skill set and he proved it on every single play of his disastrous playoff performance last season.

And just FYI, he won us no games to get us into the playoffs -- Tannehill got us to the playoffs along with the rest of the team - then he got hurt and we had to use Matt Moore. Beyond his familiarity with Cutler, and I am sure Gase was not trying to be disrespectful towards MM - there is something to the fact that when Tannehill went down that there was little hesitation from Gase to look elsewhere for an alternative as opposed to ever entertaining the idea of Matt Moore as the starter.

I am not saying the guy won't get a chance or shouldn't get the chance but that shouldn't come until the season has become meaningless - and at 2-2 our season has some meaning.

As for targeting a QB in the draft - we probably disagree there but that is a conversation for another time later in the year any way.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, to answer your question - you are complaining that I am always looking at the one negative with Matt Moore - I don't know what that one negative is you speak of actually. But here are my thoughts on the guy: He is a career backup , way too old to provide anything positive to the team beyond his experience in the league and on the team. He is a very limited player in his skill set and he proved it on every single play of his disastrous playoff performance last season.

And just FYI, he won us no games to get us into the playoffs -- Tannehill got us to the playoffs along with the rest of the team - then he got hurt and we had to use Matt Moore. Beyond his familiarity with Cutler, and I am sure Gase was not trying to be disrespectful towards MM - there is something to the fact that when Tannehill went down that there was little hesitation from Gase to look elsewhere for an alternative as opposed to ever entertaining the idea of Matt Moore as the starter.

I am not saying the guy won't get a chance or shouldn't get the chance but that shouldn't come until the season has become meaningless - and at 2-2 our season has some meaning.

As for targeting a QB in the draft - we probably disagree there but that is a conversation for another time later in the year any way.

So, Paolo, what is the solution to the problem

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What problem do you speak of, sir? the Fins are 2-2. I am not sure of what problem you speak of

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What problem do you speak of, sir? the Fins are 2-2. I am not sure of what problem you speak of

Problem #1 - Scoring 6 points against the Jets
Problem #2 - 32nd ranked Offense in NFL
Problem #3 - Cutler

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem #1 - Scoring 6 points against the Jets
Problem #2 - 32nd ranked Offense in NFL
Problem #3 - Cutler

Those are all reasonable concerns. But to all those my answer -- is -- again, the Fins are 2-2. As I remember , there are still 14 games left in the season? So its not the end of the world and there is still time to address each problem and turn things around.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all reasonable concerns. But to all those my answer -- is -- again, the Fins are 2-2. As I remember , there are still 14 games left in the season? So its not the end of the world and there is still time to address each problem and turn things around.

Time will tell !!