• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 @Dallas

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another true test where the defense is. We will see if it’s a step in the right direction.

I didn’t see the game so based off the score the defense hasn’t improved much but as long as they have Rodgers, who needs a defense. :heh:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense only gave up ten second half points. They were all over Dak just couldn’t bring him down. Did a great job against EE until the 4th quarter and they were getting crushed in TOP. If Perry didn’t have the club he would have gotten Dak down at least once more possibly twice more on two really big passing plays in the first half.

Grimm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Game!

The Packers did not look as crisp and clean as I would like them to be, but with a makeshift line and injuries happening all the time, they did what they needed to to win.

I feel like Randall is a very talented guy with a ton of skills, but he just has a hard time putting it together. I am always hopeful that he turns the corner and becomes the player he has the potential to be. His Pick 6 was very important to the win.

The brightest spot might have been Aaron Jones. That kid has moves and vision. He broke off a bunch of nice runs and did a fantastic job.

Unknown Injury to Jordy is troublesome.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Game!

The Packers did not look as crisp and clean as I would like them to be, but with a makeshift line and injuries happening all the time, they did what they needed to to win.

I feel like Randall is a very talented guy with a ton of skills, but he just has a hard time putting it together. I am always hopeful that he turns the corner and becomes the player he has the potential to be. His Pick 6 was very important to the win.

The brightest spot might have been Aaron Jones. That kid has moves and vision. He broke off a bunch of nice runs and did a fantastic job.

It’s a hammy with Jordy allegedly

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense only gave up ten second half points. They were all over Dak just couldn’t bring him down. Did a great job against EE until the 4th quarter and they were getting crushed in TOP. If Perry didn’t have the club he would have gotten Dak down at least once more possibly twice more on two really big passing plays in the first half.

I noticed that and that’s not bad but they gave up a touchdown when they needed a stop when GB was up and that is what we saw last year as well which is why I said the defense hasn’t improved much. All I’m saying is, Rodgers won’t be able to do it every week and at some point the defense has to earn its paycheck and help put a game away.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an odd game. Defense forces a FG the first drive until the zebras stepped in...four point swing

Randle scores a TD on defense. I think that is a step in the right direction.

Honestly it’s hard to see everything because we aren’t healthy so it’s hard to accurately know what we have

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Game!

I think Randall has talent as well and for some reason I believe he is getting in his own way if that makes sense. Right now he is still a liability and that won’t change until he figures out what is going on in his head. Nice INT but it was more of being in the right place at the right time.

A. Jones is showing what the other backs aren’t and that’s vision. Speed is great but without vision you just run into the backs of your O-linemen. I really like this kid so far.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that and that’s not bad but they gave up a touchdown when they needed a stop when GB was up and that is what we saw last year as well which is why I said the defense hasn’t improved much. All I’m saying is, Rodgers won’t be able to do it every week and at some point the defense has to earn its paycheck and help put a game away.

I'm pretty sure we're all completely with you that the defense needs to pull their weight if we ever want to sniff a Lombardi again.

That said, it does seem like Rodgers can do it every week. I mean, who here had any doubt that the offense was going to get into scoring range - no matter how much time was left on the clock?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an odd game. Defense forces a FG the first drive until the zebras stepped in...four point swing

Randle scores a TD on defense. I think that is a step in the right direction.

Honestly it’s hard to see everything because we aren’t healthy so it’s hard to accurately know what we have

Yea, that’s the tough part and unfortunately that’s the way this team is and has been for several years now. Maybe they will all be on the field at the end of the season :heh:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Randall has talent as well and for some reason I believe he is getting in his own way if that makes sense. Right now he is still a liability and that won’t change until he figures out what is going on in his head. Nice INT but it was more of being in the right place at the right time.

A. Jones is showing what the other backs aren’t and that’s vision. Speed is great but without vision you just run into the backs of your O-linemen. I really like this kid so far.

RE DBs: Some confidence in Hawkins has built over the past few games. Personally, I would like to see him over Randall and Rollins on the CB depth chart right now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we're all completely with you that the defense needs to pull their weight if we ever want to sniff a Lombardi again.

That said, it does seem like Rodgers can do it every week. I mean, who here had any doubt that the offense was going to get into scoring range - no matter how much time was left on the clock?

He’s one of the best but he is human and even #12 has off games.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE DBs: Some confidence in Hawkins has built over the past few games. Personally, I would like to see him over Randall and Rollins on the CB depth chart right now.

Personally, I don’t think the defense gets any better until Capers is gone, IMO.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don’t think the defense gets any better until Capers is gone, IMO.

I think we can see more Super Bowls wins with Capers as DC with the right personnel on the field.

Josh Jones playing the Charles Woodson role pretty well thus far indicates a glimmer of hope.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can see more Super Bowls wins with Capers as DC with the right personnel on the field.

Josh Jones playing the Charles Woodson role pretty well thus far indicates a glimmer of hope.

So, you think TT and company have dropped the ball evaluating players and who they drafted with the exception of a few when it comes to the defense?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think TT and company have dropped the ball evaluating players and who they drafted with the exception of a few when it comes to the defense?

I wouldn't say completely dropped the ball, but yes, they have quite obviously made some high-round drafting mistakes and have been occasionally a little too tight-fisted in free agency.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say completely dropped the ball, but yes, they have quite obviously made some high-round drafting mistakes and have been occasionally a little too tight-fisted in free agency.

I blame TT as well but to his defense GB hasn’t had any high draft picks for several years now and they are missing out on blue chip players. That said, TT needs to be more open minded about free agency. Draft and develop is great but key veteran players are needed to guide the younger players during good and especially bad times.

The defense needs someone like a Charles Woodson who can help put his teammates in a better position to succeed.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame TT as well but to his defense GB hasn’t had any high draft picks for several years now and they are missing out on blue chip players. That said, TT needs to be more open minded about free agency. Draft and develop is great but key veteran players are needed to guide the younger players during good and especially bad times.

The defense needs someone like a Charles Woodson who can help put his teammates in a better position to succeed.

The thing TT messed up most is inside linebacker. He drafted AJ Hawk in the first round in 2006 when we were still in a 4-3. Hawk was a decent 4-3 ILB but a shoddy 3-4 ILB. Since Capers took over the defense in 2009, Thompson has drafted ZERO ILBs in the top three rounds of any draft and has signed ZERO free agent ILBs that had any impact on the field. You need solid ILBs to make a 3-4 work and we're constantly plugging in late-round flyers.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing TT messed up most is inside linebacker. He drafted AJ Hawk in the first round in 2006 when we were still in a 4-3. Hawk was a decent 4-3 ILB but a shoddy 3-4 ILB. Since Capers took over the defense in 2009, Thompson has drafted ZERO ILBs in the top three rounds of any draft and has signed ZERO free agent ILBs that had any impact on the field. You need solid ILBs to make a 3-4 work and we're constantly plugging in late-round flyers.

This is what has me scratching my head. TT must be well informed that in order to play a 3-4 defense the linebackers have to be playmakers. It doesn't make sense that he hasn't targeted those players in the draft or free agency. Or maybe he has but couldn't seal the deal for whatever reason. It just looks like the defense is set up for failure. I hate to say it but I have zero confidence in the D if they need a stop for the win in a game.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what has me scratching my head. TT must be well informed that in order to play a 3-4 defense the linebackers have to be playmakers. It doesn't make sense that he hasn't targeted those players in the draft or free agency. Or maybe he has but couldn't seal the deal for whatever reason. It just looks like the defense is set up for failure. I hate to say it but I have zero confidence in the D if they need a stop for the win in a game.

I have some hope for the future with Josh Jones and Kevin King. Capers' "Nitro" package could help negate the ILB deficiencies.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have some hope for the future with Josh Jones and Kevin King. Capers' "Nitro" package could help negate the ILB deficiencies.

I hope King will be able to play against minny.