• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4...Texans

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...everyone in the room that thought the Falcons would be 3-0 after the week
3...raise your hand...lair!!

Three 4th quarter deficits...three 4th quarter comeback wins...2 on the road...the Mike Smith era is officially over!

Week 4...Texans.

The Dan Quinn's Monday radio presser revealed a few things.

Injury...Tamme got dinged in the DAL game and I'm guessing he's going thru concussion protocol and will be a game time decision. Coleman (cracked rib) they will update later in the week. Hester (turf toe) imo will probably another no go...initial on him was out 4 or 5 games, so maybe another week for him.

HOU...I'm convinced that Clowney will never be more than avg playing a 3-4 OLB position, but at least he's on the field and the DEF is not playing terrible football...giving up 20 pts a game on average, but the OFC is still trying to find some consistency. Arian Foster is probably going to go if you ask me.

If Foster goes, you have to think he's ready for a full load, but the key to this game imo is protecting Matt Ryan from JJ Watt...I think you have to go after Mallet or Hoyer and in the dome I think Quinn will look to be aggressive early and get a lead...the one comment he said in his presser is they need to start faster and still finish as they have.

I think HOU needs more than 20 in this game and barring Watt making a game changing play, I'm not sure if they go over that by much.

I like the Falcons in this one...closer than expected maybe...24-18.

What say you?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that puts more reps on Moeaki and Toilolo. Toilolo seems to be improving but he's not a difference maker yet. Without Tamme I suppose we could see Roddy White back in the game plan? I think he has only had 1 target over the past 2 games. I'm wondering what's going on there.

If the run game is there for Atlanta they'll be tough to beat. If not, I still think it will be close but I'd still think Atlanta would be close favorites.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Moeaki even played? Toilolo is doing much better catching balls thrown his way...not the savvy that Tamme has though...I expect him to get more 30yd/RZ targets...6'8"...not the most athletic but not a stiff either...he would get at least 1 target in every 5 or 6 RZ passes from my OFC.

Roddy...Quinn was asked in the Mon presser about the limited targets and he didn't shy away from it...said coaches speak type stuff more or less saying it's not a big deal...he's been blocking great, he'll get targets...Roddy is not shy if he was upset we would have seen some type of tweet or something...I think it's non-issue and he'll get targets...they know they will need Hankerson later and obviously trying to get him some touches early as a new target.

The biggest thing I want to see from the DEF this week is pressure on the QB...Mallett is a big arm guy needs to go down a few times in this games.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should win this. Since Houston's passing game is weak, from what I've heard, if we just stop Foster, we'll probably hold them to a score in the teens.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be close...not...Kicked some Texan tail!

They got a couple of good bounces on turnovers that went for 6 to pad the final outcome, but this was a serious beat down...#99 made a couple of plays, had 1 sack and a couple batted down, but aside from that...the OLine dominated...Freeman and Ward were getting to the second level on every play it seemed...time of possession had to effect the Texans in the 3Q.

Mallett is not it...I like big strong arm pocket guys, but too many passes behind guys...too high, too low...accuracy was a problem...Hoyer was in garbage time...looked better.

Roddy was probably targeted more than Julio today, but Hankerson showed up big.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys! The Falcons look stronger than new rope

B

bravesfan1

WOW 4-0..I didnt think thety would be 4-0, i was thinking 1-3, or at best 2-2.....