• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4 (Packer Week) - Bears at Green Bay

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 turnovers, leading to 3 TD's.

This was the exact game many of us thought it would be, if our shithead QB just protects the football. A low-scoring defensive affair.

To me, at least count the two picks against Glennon. I'll excuse the fumbles (Though perhaps I shouldn't.) for the sake of argument.

I mean it is clear as day (And yeah, pretty obvious bs"genius"), that we are not a team that can overcome turnovers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, at least count the two picks against Glennon. I'll excuse the fumbles (Though perhaps I shouldn't.) for the sake of argument.

I mean it is clear as day (And yeah, pretty obvious bs"genius"), that we are not a team that can overcome turnovers.

The fumble on the first offensive play, was a stupid playcall, but Glennon didn't help matters, by holding the fucking ball FOREVER. It's all on him. He is a fucking statue back there to begin with. Can't hold the ball as a statue for 4 seconds and expect to not get killed.

He is awful. Our WR corps is awful, and our playcalling reflects it.

The most disappointing aspect of the game was unbelievably not Glennon tho for me...it was the fact that GB completely dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball. 3rd string Tackles and missing their best defensive lineman, and they still worked us over. Our D-line did absolutely nothing. Nether against the pass or the run(3rd string RB as well)

Our o-line was just as bad.

The trenches SHOULD have been in our favor. Our o-line SHOULD'VE been able to punch them in the mouth, and our D SHOULD'VE been pressuring AR all night.

Out-coached, out-played....out-classed.

Embarrassing.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon INT's where absolutely garbage alone, forgetting the horrible ball off the knee which was a Glennon issue as well (according to Romo's explaination). Don't blame Glennon as much for the first play fumble other than holding the ball to long, but Wr or great coverage played a part and poor Massie play all could have contributed.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fumble on the first offensive play, was a stupid playcall, but Glennon didn't help matters, by holding the fucking ball FOREVER. It's all on him. He is a fucking statue back there to begin with. Can't hold the ball as a statue for 4 seconds and expect to not get killed.

He is awful. Our WR corps is awful, and our playcalling reflects it.

The most disappointing aspect of the game was unbelievably not Glennon tho for me...it was the fact that GB completely dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball. 3rd string Tackles and missing their best defensive lineman, and they still worked us over. Our D-line did absolutely nothing. Nether against the pass or the run(3rd string RB as well)

Our o-line was just as bad.

The trenches SHOULD have been in our favor. Our o-line SHOULD'VE been able to punch them in the mouth, and our D SHOULD'VE been pressuring AR all night.

Out-coached, out-played....out-classed.

Embarrassing.

On the issue with the lines, it almost seemed as though we went down 14 in the blink of an eye and they just stopped giving a shit...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the issue with the lines, it almost seemed as though we went down 14 in the blink of an eye and they just stopped giving a shit...

Agreed. Tough to mentally stay in it, when you spot your rival 21 right off the bat.

It seems every time we play the Packers, we forget about stopping the run. We are so focused on dumb Rodgers, that we forget the basic tenets of football. From their opening drive, they had the Bears on their heels, because as they seem to do every time...they came out running the ball and we couldn't stop em'.

Out-coached again. :pout:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Tough to mentally stay in it, when you spot your rival 21 right off the bat.

It seems every time we play the Packers, we forget about stopping the run. We are so focused on dumb Rodgers, that we forget the basic tenets of football. From their opening drive, they had the Bears on their heels, because as they seem to do every time...they came out running the ball and we couldn't stop em'.

Out-coached again. :pout:

The thing about it though (And what I was telling my TV during that first drive) is fine... LET Green Bay run a bit. That isn't their game and they will not stick with it even if it is working somewhat. McCarthy and Rodgers don't have the patience to play like that for more than a quarter, never mind an entire game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about it though (And what I was telling my TV during that first drive) is fine... LET Green Bay run a bit. That isn't their game and they will not stick with it even if it is working somewhat. McCarthy and Rodgers don't have the patience to play like that for more than a quarter, never mind an entire game.

Ya, but if you don't stop it, you have made their playbook golden and about the size of War and Peace.

If you go back and watch the last 8 Bears/Packers games, they have started the games running it heavily, and successfully. That takes the Bears completely out of their game-plane, which should be the same for every opponent, and that's stop the run and make them one-dimensional. Even if that dimension is Aaron Rodgers.

If the Pack can run it successfully, the rest of their offense becomes even more dangerous IMO.

Either way...we are their bitch....STILL, and it is becoming very goddamned tiring.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but if you don't stop it, you have made their playbook golden and about the size of War and Peace.

If you go back and watch the last 8 Bears/Packers games, they have started the games running it heavily, and successfully. That takes the Bears completely out of their game-plane, which should be the same for every opponent, and that's stop the run and make them one-dimensional. Even if that dimension is Aaron Rodgers.

If the Pack can run it successfully, the rest of their offense becomes even more dangerous IMO.

Either way...we are their bitch....STILL, and it is becoming very goddamned tiring.

I have to tell you that your last statement brought a smile to my face. That stated, the Packers were the Bears bitch from about 1935 to 1960, then 1970 thru 1990...so I guess that kind of comes and goes...

Whatever, see you next game and good luck