• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 vs. Wofford

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's nice to have a winnable game after getting Bill Cosby'ed last week. Hopefully the collective butthole of the team is not too sore. The Trojans could have easily put up 100 if they had wanted to, Idaho's D is just that bad, but offensive line held its own and Linehan looked decent after a really shaky start. Could have been worse.

Anyway, to this week's game:

Up until a few years ago the Terriers were a consistent FCS playoff team but have gone 11-11 over the past two seasons with only three road wins. This is also the first time Wofford has had to fly to a road game in over two years. On the other hand the Vandals have only two home wins over the last two years. Idaho is also 5-1 over the last 10 years against FCS competition while Wofford is 0-11 against FBS teams over that same span. Of course Wofford usually plays the likes of Clemson and South Carolina and Idaho's 5 wins are against North Dakota twice, Idaho State twice, and Cal Poly (a triple option team) so take that for what it's worth.

The good news:

Idaho's pass defense has been atrocious for the first several weeks while the front seven has looked solid in spurts. Wofford's triple option offense is tricky to defend, but I like Idaho's chances against this more than a pass happy attack. I would not be surprised to see Wofford air it out a bit more in this one. No reason not to keep the defense honest and exploit the inevitable blown coverages in the Vandal secondary.

Dezmon Epps served his suspension last week in a meaningless game that he was flown down to and suited up for ( way to discipline the guy Coach!). Dude's a retard but is the best weapon on offense. 15 catches for 160 yards against Ohio. If he can put together another performance like that I like Idaho's chances.

The Vandals play another triple option team in Georgia Southern next week so this should be a good tune up.

The bad news:

Wofford's defense is solid and well disciplined, they are currently ranked 28th in the FCS poll. They dominated Tennessee Tech last week and IMO put up a solid showing in week 1 considering the team they were facing. They're out to control the clock and keep the ball away from the Vandal offense. Idaho is going to have to make the best of every opportunity and avoid turnovers if they want to control the game.

Prediction:

Idaho needs to start fast, meaning not spotting the other team 21 points like the last two games. Get the lead early and force Wofford to change things up, then pound the ball with Penny, don't turn it over, and close this shit out. If they get down early again this won't end well.

This is the second measuring stick game of the season. The Vandals played one crap quarter and three really solid ones against a very good Ohio team. This is the type of game where you'd hope Idaho could win in the trenches and over power an FCS opponent. I'm not sold this is going to happen but I predicted 3 wins for Idaho this year and this was one of them. I have to stick to my guns.

Final score: Idaho 34 Wofford 27

Although it could easily go the other way.

Edit: For a shit ton of grammar errors in the first draft.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little off on the prediction here. Even though Idaho started strong they let Wofford back into the game with special teams mistakes and dumbass turnovers. Linehan played well in the clutch but still did not have a great game over all. Two terrible interceptions and another missed deep throw to Epps that could have resulted in a TD. Defense was trash again as expected. Got gashed for huge plays over and over again and ultimately had to bank on Wofford dropping a pass to seal the game.

Also, some really dumb penalties. Jordan Rose is possibly the best offensive lineman on the team but he acted like a real retard out there with some of his idiotic shenanigans. On the plus side the TE position looks to be coming together a lot more with Cowan having a big game and Smith getting some reps. Don't know why Watson didn't see any time.

A win is a win but this is a game they should have won by 14+. Just too many mistakes. Next week is going to be brutal. Georgia Southern runs the same offense only with far superior athletes. Idaho will have to score every drive to keep the game close.