• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Virginia Tech @ Pittsburgh (9/15/2012)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going? I will be there with Ms. 46, Momma 46 and Pappa 46 (also a Hokie alum).

Pitt is a dumpster fire right now and has the worst quarterback in the FBS. I expect 5+ sacks and 3+ pickles.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect nothing less than the 2009 BC game, when our defense allowed less than 10 yards in the first half. Hope the offense can get rolling...

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going? I will be there with Ms. 46, Momma 46 and Pappa 46 (also a Hokie alum).

Pitt is a dumpster fire right now and has the worst quarterback in the FBS. I expect 5+ sacks and 3+ pickles.

After last week, I won't be so quick to expect us to roll an opponent. I'm also not so sure that Pitt isn't lot better than what they have shown. Lots of key players back from the first game, and in the 2nd they had short rest as well.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last week, I won't be so quick to expect us to roll an opponent. I'm also not so sure that Pitt isn't lot better than what they have shown. Lots of key players back from the first game, and in the 2nd they had short rest as well.

Pitt played Cincy a lot closer than the final score indicated. They got behind early and had to throw more, but if Pitt can establish the run game, then we could be in for a ball game. And with Peay running well against VT, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind our coaches used the AP game as a scrimmage basically and only 3 days of practice for them. I would have liked a better game against AP but it wasnt awful, just a pretty slow start.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we don't beat Pitt by 20 then everybody brace themselves for automatic losses to FSU and Clemson. Both might happen anyway but that would pretty much guarantee it. Pitt stinks

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt has one dynamo on their offense and that is Ray Graham. IMO, he is the best back we will see all year (better than Ellington or Bernard), however we will key on him as they have zero passing attack. Graham will get his but it won't be nearly enough.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better passer, Tino Sunseri or Tevin Washington? Washington faired OK against us, especially considering the receivers he had to work with.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Pitt has one dynamo on their offense and that is Ray Graham. IMO, he is the best back we will see all year (better than Ellington or Bernard), however we will key on him as they have zero passing attack. Graham will get his but it won't be nearly enough"

I don't know if he's clearly better than those two. He's lost a step I think from last year. Foster should prepare the D for short routes because they don't throw long with Sunseri

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't beat Pitt by 20 then everybody brace themselves for automatic losses to FSU and Clemson. Both might happen anyway but that would pretty much guarantee it. Pitt stinks

I disagree. Our offense is still a work in progress. By the time the Clemson and FSU games roll along, the offense should be clicking. And the energy level will be much higher. Most teams tend to sleepwalk a bit in noon road games against weaker opponents.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bring the heat with all 4 linemen and the Mike and maybe another blitzer on EVERY play. 6 guys at the line of scrimmage would
a) completely shut down their running game
b) put at least one of our guys (on passing downs) in their backfield in about 1 second flat.
c) leave 4 guys in coverage every play (man-to-man)..shut be able to shut them down with that.

Seriously, their O-Line looked like they sucked pretty bad (versus Cinci) IMO. Our defense should absolutely feast on these chumps. Offense??? We will see which one shows up? Their D does not scare me.

I am looking for a dominant defensive game with multiple sacks and turnovers. If VT doesn't win by 20+ against this team, I would consider it another lackluster/meh performance.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bruce Taylor probably wont play. Damn.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really notice Clarke. I think he was credited with an assist?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not gotten to the 4th quarter yet. How did Clarke look in the game? I am fine with Tyler but was underwhelmed with what I saw of Chase. Did Trimble get any work, later?

Trimble only saw time on special teams. Not sure how Clarke looked, but he only saw 9 plays on defense.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ugh. I'm going back this week to memories of our last trip up there. Our crappy play plus their crappy fans equaled a very sucky trip. Ofcourse, every road game sucked that year.

I still think Pitt has more talent than they've shown in their first two games. Given our trouble in the run game, they could hang around. The largest advantage for either side though is Tech's defensive pressure going after Suneri. He's been a sack and/or TO machine his entire career. Last season he took 61 sacks and 11 INTs. Cincy got to him 6 times and got a pick Thursday. That could open up the game, if Tech's offense struggles again.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hopefully this game will get out of hand early, what I have seen of Pitt so far this year I think AP could have beat them....