• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Rutgers in prime time

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it comes down to the offensive line. Most of the time the middle of the OL can't block anyone. That's why we can't run the ball. That's why we have to throw a ton of quick passes. But Hack is such a gamer he pulls out another victory. Huge job by the defense keeping the team in it with all the turnovers tonight. If we had a decent OL we could win the Big 10 this year. Hell of a effort and a great comeback win.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack brought up a great point.. first time offensive line was playing in hostile environment. I think we should see a stark difference by the Michigan game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win but man is our OL awful right now. Granted it is their first time in a hostile environment. They'll have to keep working with those kids or developing younger kids. I would be happy to see some of those play ground plays go back to the play ground also. Kudos to Hack, Hamilton, Lewis, Belton and the D.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same here. The O-line needs work as has already been stated and the comeback win is appreciated. 3-0 and on we go.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to credit the defense for this victory. They gave the offense every opportunity to win this game big but the offense kept coming up short. I really hope we figure some stuff out on the o-line and soon.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we have Massachusetts to practice on to hopefully get these bugs worked out before the tougher games.

UMASS is 0-3 (Lost to BC 30-7, Lost to Colorado 41-38, Lost to Vandy 34-31)

However you can look at it two ways. Umass is 0-3 or that they are averaging 25.3pts a game while we are only averaging 20pts a game.

We have the 120th ranked rushing offense. #119 is Umass. We do have the 10th best passing offense in the country and the reason we are 3-0 is mainly because of our 11th best in country pts against DEFENSE. Which still worries me because they could be doing better. I've seen to many missed tackles yesterday. A few times we missed a tackle and the Rutgers player almost broke it for a long run.

As LinebackerU knows I am always the glass is half empty and these past 3 games have really worried me. I believe we can win our next 2 games Umass and Northwestern (having a bad year) but the way we are currently playing I don't see us going into a night game at the Big House and beating them. Then luckily we have a week off to recover from that matchup to play the Fuckeyes. Well for now we hit the tape, try to fix the running game struggles and concentrate on the Minutemen.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we have Massachusetts to practice on to hopefully get these bugs worked out before the tougher games.

UMASS is 0-3 (Lost to BC 30-7, Lost to Colorado 41-38, Lost to Vandy 34-31)

However you can look at it two ways. Umass is 0-3 or that they are averaging 25.3pts a game while we are only averaging 20pts a game.

We have the 120th ranked rushing offense. #119 is Umass. We do have the 10th best passing offense in the country and the reason we are 3-0 is mainly because of our 11th best in country pts against DEFENSE. Which still worries me because they could be doing better. I've seen to many missed tackles yesterday. A few times we missed a tackle and the Rutgers player almost broke it for a long run.

As LinebackerU knows I am always the glass is half empty and these past 3 games have really worried me. I believe we can win our next 2 games Umass and Northwestern (having a bad year) but the way we are currently playing I don't see us going into a night game at the Big House and beating them. Then luckily we have a week off to recover from that matchup to play the Fuckeyes. Well for now we hit the tape, try to fix the running game struggles and concentrate on the Minutemen.

The Ol will continue to progress as they play together more and gel. Its not the talent up front, its the lack of experience, they blow some assignments. It was also a product of very poor play calling in first half. Rutgers had 10 guys up and 8-9 coming many plays, and we were running drop back slow developing passes, nobody can block that, PERIOD. They made some great adjustments at the half, spread them out and the OL played much better with Hack having time to throw.

As for UMASS and stats...come on, there are lies, damn lies and statistics. Penn state talent level is much higher than UMASS and our defense is playing at a very high level. They just held a guy who was leading the nation in rushing last year till he got hurt to 51 yards last night.

Rutgers put up a great fight last night, but don't underestimate how important this game was to them. It was like their superbowl, their one shot to have a real chance to beat us for the forseeable future and they threw everything they had into this game. It was just another game for PSU and outside of the jersey kids, one I can't imagine many were super amped for.

We are 3-0 and the OL continues to gel, we will be a very dangerous team, because there aren't many other chinks in the armor beyond that....also hopeful the rumors are true and Dieffenbach i back for OSU game