• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 @ Bears

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler proved he is every bit as incapable as Haley as far as in-game adjustments go. They are both way too black & white for the NFL. They draw out a gameplan, more than likely based on past team's successes/failures vs the opponent, and then they drive that nail all game long never compensating for shit. It kills me. It's not f*cking rocket science. To Butler's credit though, if his players could tackle the gameplan would have worked.

Tackling... I'm so sick of seeing players overpursue like a bull racing past a matador. Shazier & Mitchell are the worst offenders in that category. Dupree & V-Will are guilty of this on occasion. So many times they are there to make the tackle in the backfield only to WHIFF right past the RB by 3-5yds. It doesn't make any sense. If you are unblocked you don't have to come screaming through the gap with zero awareness. Makes me long for Lawrence Timmons. He may have lost that step in coverage but he never missed tackles like that. Playing beside/behind LT for a few years you would think both Shazier & V-Will would have learned that lesson from him. LIke I said, it's as if they want to always make that highlight reel hit instead of using basic fundamentals. It's maddening.

Outlook... So true. If they look as pathetic against BAL then we will have seen all that we need to know about the future. One would assume both teams are going to go into this game pissed off & wanting to unleash hell. But honestly seeing how flat & passionless Pittsburgh has looked I don't have much faith going into this game. It kills me to look at the practice photos seeing everyone smiling & laughing like they aren't getting embarrassed weekly. They are very fortunate to be at 2-1 right now. And to me that sense of urgency just isn't there for them. They aren't playing like a team. Seems like everyone is out there for themselves right now. And I hate to bring this point up, but I have to question Ben's attitude as well. He has been relatively solid, but nowhere close to where he needs to be. The offense needs him to pick this team up by the bootstraps right now. And with him being this close to retirement I have to question whether he has the right mentality to do such a thing anymore. He took this week to the chin and admitted he was playing poorly. Let's hope that he can get this team back on track.

Shazier's problem is he's going 90 mph, and you're not going to be able to break down and make solid form tackles so you try to know people off their feet, and that can be 50/50 in the NFL.

Outlook...looking around the league so far, only KC I would say is playing at a consistent high level...NE could very be 1-2 and so could ATL so I'm not ready to make any hard judgements yet...we'll have a better idea after this BAL game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier's problem is he's going 90 mph, and you're not going to be able to break down and make solid form tackles so you try to know people off their feet, and that can be 50/50 in the NFL.

Outlook...looking around the league so far, only KC I would say is playing at a consistent high level...NE could very be 1-2 and so could ATL so I'm not ready to make any hard judgements yet...we'll have a better idea after this BAL game.
Yin & Yang ATL... You know how I like to jump to conclusions lol

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All righty then. That sucked!!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with Ben and the offense??? They've looked like crap through 3 games and with Balt this week I'm almost afraid to watch for fear of breaking my mother's or brother's TV (I'm watching the game at one or their houses this weekend). How much longer before Bell either shakes off the rust or they start playing Connor. I'd say more but what...1 carry thru 3 games isn't really playing. If the coaches had any guts they'd start Connor against Balt on Sunday and send Bell a message that nothing is taken for granted. Play like crap and you get replaced by the next man up. I know they won't do that or even work Connor in more so, I expect the wrost on Sunday!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Only $18.5 mil guaranteed or some shit like that. But still, for 1 season you gotta pay due diligence with that amount. Not easy to cut ties when you're on the hook for that amount. Maybe in a few more weeks Trubs will get the keys to that offense. Season is still young!

IDT the contract has a whole lot to do with it...they know Trubs is the man and likely gets the reins this season. Glennon is struggling enough to be pulled, but I would give it another game or so. The Steeler win bought him that much I would guess.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDT the contract has a whole lot to do with it...they know Trubs is the man and likely gets the reins this season. Glennon is struggling enough to be pulled, but I would give it another game or so. The Steeler win bought him that much I would guess.

It's a short week for them too, as they play the dumb Packers on Thursday.

Glennon shits the bed on Thursday, and the fans will bring pitchforks to Halas Hall Friday morning.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler proved he is every bit as incapable as Haley as far as in-game adjustments go. They are both way too black & white for the NFL. They draw out a gameplan, more than likely based on past team's successes/failures vs the opponent, and then they drive that nail all game long never compensating for shit. It kills me. It's not f*cking rocket science. To Butler's credit though, if his players could tackle the gameplan would have worked.

Tackling... I'm so sick of seeing players overpursue like a bull racing past a matador. Shazier & Mitchell are the worst offenders in that category. Dupree & V-Will are guilty of this on occasion. So many times they are there to make the tackle in the backfield only to WHIFF right past the RB by 3-5yds. It doesn't make any sense. If you are unblocked you don't have to come screaming through the gap with zero awareness. Makes me long for Lawrence Timmons. He may have lost that step in coverage but he never missed tackles like that. Playing beside/behind LT for a few years you would think both Shazier & V-Will would have learned that lesson from him. LIke I said, it's as if they want to always make that highlight reel hit instead of using basic fundamentals. It's maddening.

Outlook... So true. If they look as pathetic against BAL then we will have seen all that we need to know about the future. One would assume both teams are going to go into this game pissed off & wanting to unleash hell. But honestly seeing how flat & passionless Pittsburgh has looked I don't have much faith going into this game. It kills me to look at the practice photos seeing everyone smiling & laughing like they aren't getting embarrassed weekly. They are very fortunate to be at 2-1 right now. And to me that sense of urgency just isn't there for them. They aren't playing like a team. Seems like everyone is out there for themselves right now. And I hate to bring this point up, but I have to question Ben's attitude as well. He has been relatively solid, but nowhere close to where he needs to be. The offense needs him to pick this team up by the bootstraps right now. And with him being this close to retirement I have to question whether he has the right mentality to do such a thing anymore. He took this week to the chin and admitted he was playing poorly. Let's hope that he can get this team back on track.

Ben...imo the most concerning thing to me is decision making. Everyone likes the long ball, but 3 and 4 times into coverage...enough already! Play smarter football...I'd like to see some targets to Rogers, but I'm really liking the potential of Juju in the slot. Grimble is a talent they need to figure out how to get involved....imo it's not even about starting, etc. how can you use each guy? Haley doesn't seem to know how to get spot use out of talent that may not be starter caliber but they have some assets.

Team attitude, etc...idk, I think this past weekend with the players responding to the Pres...more than anything I think it really shows that NFL players should do what they do, and the POTUS should do what heads of state do. I'm not concerned about it being a lingering issue.

Losing to CHI hurts your pride more than it does in the standings. We're going to learn a lot this week imo. The way the schedule broke out, the Steelers had 3 opponents they probably felt they could be pretty vanilla on both sides of the ball and still win. Of course it didn't work. Now they face a team that imo game plans for the Steelers better than anyone aside from maybe NE...the Ravens know the playbook.

If Haley rolls out the same plays from the same formations, it's going to be a close game because the Steelers are not going to score much more than 20 pts.

The Ravens definitely should and will pound at the front 7 after last week, but I don't expect them to have the same kind of success CHI did.

I'm expecting to see guys get touches that haven't gotten many...but every year I expect that. We shall see. I haven't really decided how I'm going to pick this week...admittedly I circled this as a loss when the schedule came out, but I think the DEF is going to play well in BAL...just not sure what Haley and the OFC are going to bring.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with Ben and the offense??? They've looked like crap through 3 games and with Balt this week I'm almost afraid to watch for fear of breaking my mother's or brother's TV (I'm watching the game at one or their houses this weekend). How much longer before Bell either shakes off the rust or they start playing Connor. I'd say more but what...1 carry thru 3 games isn't really playing. If the coaches had any guts they'd start Connor against Balt on Sunday and send Bell a message that nothing is taken for granted. Play like crap and you get replaced by the next man up. I know they won't do that or even work Connor in more so, I expect the wrost on Sunday!!!

Connor...I'm all in on him getting some carries. Bell hasn't played bad...I think they are acting like the guy had a full camp. Connor should've been getting a series or two per half, and maybe work Bell back into more of a full load by this week, but imo there's no good reason to spend a pick this high on a RB and not use him at all.

We've seen BAL look like shit for weeks and play the Steelers and look like its Jan 2012 again. I'm expecting a typical 17-13 type game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a short week for them too, as they play the dumb Packers on Thursday.

Glennon shits the bed on Thursday, and the fans will bring pitchforks to Halas Hall Friday morning.

Those guys looked pretty good on Sunday run blocking, but I wouldn't be too anxious to get my QB of the future behind them passing it 30 times yet.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor...I'm all in on him getting some carries. Bell hasn't played bad...I think they are acting like the guy had a full camp. Connor should've been getting a series or two per half, and maybe work Bell back into more of a full load by this week, but imo there's no good reason to spend a pick this high on a RB and not use him at all.

We've seen BAL look like shit for weeks and play the Steelers and look like its Jan 2012 again. I'm expecting a typical 17-13 type game.
You'd think Connor would be a good change of pace back with their conflicting styles. He should get 5-10 touches a game. Plus it would make Bell fresher for the playoffs.

I think it will be a little lower scoring than that. I expect a 10-9 or 13-10 game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think Connor would be a good change of pace back with their conflicting styles. He should get 5-10 touches a game. Plus it would make Bell fresher for the playoffs.

I think it will be a little lower scoring than that. I expect a 10-9 or 13-10 game.

So far in this early going several things on OFC has me a little baffled. Bell having 52 carries and the next guy only 5 is one of them.

You could be right on the score...I continue to get sucked into thinking Haley will finally give them something they haven't practiced against 20,000 times.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in this early going several things on OFC has me a little baffled. Bell having 52 carries and the next guy only 5 is one of them.

You could be right on the score...I continue to get sucked into thinking Haley will finally give them something they haven't practiced against 20,000 times.
I just hope we don't get a 6-3 or 3-0 snooze fest, especially if the Steelers end up with the lower score!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys looked pretty good on Sunday run blocking, but I wouldn't be too anxious to get my QB of the future behind them passing it 30 times yet.

I think that's just it tho ATL. They have the running game and defense to where they won't HAVE to throw it 30 times. They shouldn't need to put it all on his shoulders. But Jesus, Glennon is putrid, and there is zero threat of any downfield passing. It's actually amazing they were able to effectively run it, sans that threat.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't get a 6-3 or 3-0 snooze fest, especially if the Steelers end up with the lower score!!!

It's been 4 or 5 yrs since they won in BAL...Right now...I'd take a 6-3 win and be happy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's just it tho ATL. They have the running game and defense to where they won't HAVE to throw it 30 times. They shouldn't need to put it all on his shoulders. But Jesus, Glennon is putrid, and there is zero threat of any downfield passing. It's actually amazing they were able to effectively run it, sans that threat.

Against the Steelers they do...lol

Actually now that teams have some tape...I think teams are going to load the box and force CHI to throw it more than they want to...especially on the road.

The way Glennon is playing, you may as well play the kid...you're right.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 4 or 5 yrs since they won in BAL...Right now...I'd take a 6-3 win and be happy.
Of course I'd take it I just wouldn't be happy the offense stunk it up that much.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By any means necessary... To quote Al Davis... Just win baby
The Chuck Noll quote is better. If he were asked if he wanted to win 6-3, he'd have answered, 'Whatever it takes'.