• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Random games and observations

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was down at halftime and UGA completely dominated the #11 team on both sides of the ball.
OSU was down at halftime to the #5 ranked team in the country, as far as anyone knew when OSU got dropped down by the voters. UGA dominated what seemed to be the #11 team, but it was obvious that Oregon was very overrated. Now we know that Notre Dame was also overrated, so that should bring doubt in how good OSU is.

As for Georgia, I heard someone bragging about how Georgia had like 15 receivers catch a pass and 7 rbs in the game, and 3 qbs?

Hell, Minnesota had 3 qbs, too, cept all 3 of ours completed a pass and all 3 gained yards rushing, only 2 of the Georgia qbs completed a pass and two of them lost yardage rushing. Those 7 rbs were actually 4 rbs and the 3 qbs each tried to run the ball at least once, 2 of them losing yardage which I already said. UMn had SIX rbs in the game, AND all 3 qbs tried running the ball as well, so a total of NINE rushers, 5 of whom averaged over 5 yards a rush and not a single rusher lost yardage, while ONLY ONE of Georgia's rbs averaged over 4 yards per carry. Minny only had 8 receivers catch a pass, but 6 of them caught 16 passes for 358 yards, with all 6 averaging over 18 yards per catch, well over 20 per catch as a group, the other 2 were a 9 yard pass to a rb and a 5 yard toss to Ibrahim. Only 2 of Georgia's receivers averaged over 18 yards per reception and 7 of it's receivers averaged only single digits in yards per reception. And UMn was able to score 62, with all them backups in the game, so not sure Georgia should get a pass like I suggested earlier?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen

Hey, just start with bloody Mary’s!!!!
Piss off. I want to live on the Eastern time zone just so I can drink any type of spirit. If you don’t start off with beer on the west coast, you are gone by the ESPN game, then rally by the end of the scrub game on the Pac 12 Network or the Booss State game on ESPN.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say atm overpaid for their coach...
FIFY…

From a bitter Nole fan mind you, but always said Jimbo was a top recruiter in the nation, but a very pedestrian coach.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what we’ve seen so far, Oregon was not the #11 team in the country, and ND was not #5. Last week Georgia looked much better than osu. It wasn’t vegas, it wasn’t the competition, it was pure optics that made them flip. I didn’t see either game this week, but looking at stats and scores, I don’t see any reason to flip them. Bama, will fall to 3rd

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what we’ve seen so far, Oregon was not the #11 team in the country, and ND was not #5. Last week Georgia looked much better than osu. It wasn’t vegas, it wasn’t the competition, it was pure optics that made them flip. I didn’t see either game this week, but looking at stats and scores, I don’t see any reason to flip them. Bama, will fall to 3rd

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Son-of-a-bitch. In all seriousness, I feel bad for Nebraska and their fans. Another damn one score loss under Frost. The Cornhuskers should be good. I'm not saying 15-0 every season, but 10 wins and in the hunt for a playoff spot should be within reach, but it's just not happening in Lincoln.

I feel their pain. OU went through a dry spell when Barry Switzer left...Gary Gibbs (44-23-2), Howard Schnellenberger (5-5-1), John Blake (12-22). Then, Bob Stoops arrived (190-48).

I had high hopes for Scott Frost, but it doesn't look as though it's going to come to fruition for him at Nebraska...and that's a shame. I've always respected Nebraska. That was a badass program for decades. Hopefully, they can get things going in the near future.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
Son-of-a-bitch. In all seriousness, I feel bad for Nebraska and their fans. Another damn one score loss under Frost. The Cornhuskers should be good. I'm not saying 15-0 every season, but 10 wins and in the hunt for a playoff spot should be within reach, but it's just not happening in Lincoln.

I feel their pain. OU went through a dry spell when Barry Switzer left...Gary Gibbs (44-23-2), Howard Schnellenberger (5-5-1), John Blake (12-22). Then, Bob Stoops arrived (190-48).

I had high hopes for Scott Frost, but it doesn't look as though it's going to come to fruition for him at Nebraska...and that's a shame. I've always respected Nebraska. That was a badass program for decades. Hopefully, they can get things going in the near future.
"Fuck nebraska" - @herky

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU was down at halftime to the #5 ranked team in the country, as far as anyone knew when OSU got dropped down by the voters. UGA dominated what seemed to be the #11 team, but it was obvious that Oregon was very overrated. Now we know that Notre Dame was also overrated, so that should bring doubt in how good OSU is.

As for Georgia, I heard someone bragging about how Georgia had like 15 receivers catch a pass and 7 rbs in the game, and 3 qbs?

Hell, Minnesota had 3 qbs, too, cept all 3 of ours completed a pass and all 3 gained yards rushing, only 2 of the Georgia qbs completed a pass and two of them lost yardage rushing. Those 7 rbs were actually 4 rbs and the 3 qbs each tried to run the ball at least once, 2 of them losing yardage which I already said. UMn had SIX rbs in the game, AND all 3 qbs tried running the ball as well, so a total of NINE rushers, 5 of whom averaged over 5 yards a rush and not a single rusher lost yardage, while ONLY ONE of Georgia's rbs averaged over 4 yards per carry. Minny only had 8 receivers catch a pass, but 6 of them caught 16 passes for 358 yards, with all 6 averaging over 18 yards per catch, well over 20 per catch as a group, the other 2 were a 9 yard pass to a rb and a 5 yard toss to Ibrahim. Only 2 of Georgia's receivers averaged over 18 yards per reception and 7 of it's receivers averaged only single digits in yards per reception. And UMn was able to score 62, with all them backups in the game, so not sure Georgia should get a pass like I suggested earlier?
Eh, whatever. I don't care if we are 1, 2, or 3. But the reality of this week that "UGA looked so bad" is in the first half UGA scored on every possession, were up 30-0, Bennett was 20 of 28 for 252 yards, a TD passing and a TD rushing, already had 11 different guys catch passes, 3 RBs, defense held them to 1 first down and a couple forced fumbles. That's the FIRST HALF. Then we called off the dogs and emptied the benches in the second half and shortened the 4th quarter to 12 minutes. I'm pretty happy with how that first half went and the fact that just about everyone off the bench played the second half.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, whatever. I don't care if we are 1, 2, or 3. But the reality of this week that "UGA looked so bad" is in the first half UGA scored on every possession, were up 30-0, Bennett was 20 of 28 for 252 yards, a TD passing and a TD rushing, already had 11 different guys catch passes, 3 RBs, defense held them to 1 first down and a couple forced fumbles. That's the FIRST HALF. Then we called off the dogs and emptied the benches in the second half and shortened the 4th quarter to 12 minutes. I'm pretty happy with how that first half went and the fact that just about everyone off the bench played the second half.
Sounds pretty close to the Gopher's game, up 31-3 at the half, Morgan had around 250 yards(played one series in the 2nd half finished with 287 yards on 14-18 passing with 1 passing and 1 rushing td, so not sure who many yards were in the first half, with 6 different guys catching passes, and long passes, too, and 3-4 RBs, defense held them to 1 fg given to them by our fumbling on the 1st or 2nd play of the game and a bad call by the refs, our guy was in the motion of sacking their qb on 3rd and long which would have put them out of fg range, but the refs called roughing the passer which put them into fg range. That's the FIRST HALF. Then after one more TD on our first possession of the 2nd half Fleck called off the dogs and emptied the benches in the second half where we ended up with SIX rbs in the game total, 2 of whom caught a pass, 5 of whom averaged over 5 yards per carry, all 3 qbs completed a pass and 2 got a rushing td and all 3 gained positive yards running the ball, all 6 of the receivers that played in the game averaged over 18 yards per catch, as a group they averaged over 20 yards per catch, and despite calling off the dogs, they ALSO scored another 31 points in the 2nd half.

THAT, our scoring another 31 pts in the 2nd half with our backups, was the difference between UMn and Georgia. Maybe our bench is more skilled and talented than Georgia's? lol

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds pretty close to the Gopher's game, up 31-3 at the half, Morgan had around 250 yards(played one series in the 2nd half finished with 287 yards on 14-18 passing with 1 passing and 1 rushing td, so not sure who many yards were in the first half, with 6 different guys catching passes, and long passes, too, and 3-4 RBs, defense held them to 1 fg given to them by our fumbling on the 1st or 2nd play of the game and a bad call by the refs, our guy was in the motion of sacking their qb on 3rd and long which would have put them out of fg range, but the refs called roughing the passer which put them into fg range. That's the FIRST HALF. Then after one more TD on our first possession of the 2nd half Fleck called off the dogs and emptied the benches in the second half where we ended up with SIX rbs in the game total, 2 of whom caught a pass, 5 of whom averaged over 5 yards per carry, all 3 qbs completed a pass and 2 got a rushing td and all 3 gained positive yards running the ball, all 6 of the receivers that played in the game averaged over 18 yards per catch, as a group they averaged over 20 yards per catch, and despite calling off the dogs, they ALSO scored another 31 points in the 2nd half.

THAT, our scoring another 31 pts in the 2nd half with our backups, was the difference between UMn and Georgia. Maybe our bench is more skilled and talented than Georgia's? lol
We had twice as many guys receiving passes...maybe you didn't dig as deep off the bench? Morgan was in for at least 2 TD drives in the second half before coming out. Our defense, including everyone off the bench never gave up a point. Only gave up 3 first downs the entire game. Again, I'm pretty happy we got playing time for pretty much everyone off the bench and pitched a shutout. We already have a dominant win over a good power 5 team (that rebounded with a blowout win themselves this week). If the Gophers are all that, it will show when they actually play someone.