• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 PSU VS Akron Talk & Predictions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akron 1-0 after beating Howard 41-0. They had a strong passing game which should scare us a little bit. However I predict the score to be

PSU 30 VS Akron 17.

MVP Offense: RB Lynch

MVP Defense: LB Hull

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU - 45
Akron - 13

Offense - Hack
Defrense - Zettel will live in their backfield

Over under on beers I have in parking lot before kickoff 6:suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU - 45
Akron - 13

Offense - Hack
Defrense - Zettel will live in their backfield

Over under on beers I have in parking lot before kickoff 6:suds:

I go with under but I will drink the remainder :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am terrible at game score prognostication but I believe the Lions will handle Akron by at least a TD.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 - 15

Offense: Zwinak, a bold prediction I know but I think we are going to be working on the run game.
Defense: Zettel

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game from Hack and Hamilton. I could see 28-13 Penn State wins. Not sure how good the run game will look this year with two defensive lineman playing guard.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who are there, what is your estimation on attendance. Looks like some of the upper decks are empty towards the top.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not overly impressed so far. Hack started off well but got cold. We can't run against Akron it's going to be a really long season. The defense has played up and down. I hate seeing the CB's 10 yards off the WR's. Get in the face of these players and get after the QB. Make them turn it over and take over control of the game. No reason for Akron to be hanging around. Hack needs to be more decisive with his passes. He forces it and is late a little to much. It's nice he trusts his arm but he needs to kick that habit quick.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not overly impressed so far. Hack started off well but got cold. We can't run against Akron it's going to be a really long season. The defense has played up and down. I hate seeing the CB's 10 yards off the WR's. Get in the face of these players and get after the QB. Make them turn it over and take over control of the game. No reason for Akron to be hanging around. Hack needs to be more decisive with his passes. He forces it and is late a little to much. It's nice he trusts his arm but he needs to kick that habit quick.

Agree about the running game. Zwinak has done nothing so far this game. I'd run Beltin and Lynch in the second half. Hack hasn't been as good this week, but it's not entirely his fault receivers not getting much separation and the protection has been shoddy. That said, he has made some bad decisions as well, he has to eliminate those. Defense has been decent. Like you said theyre playing way off the line which I personally don't like. Our D line has eaten up their O line though, Zettel has been a monster.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a score. Way to muscle it in Jesse James. This has been a ugly game and Hack continues to make risky/poor throws from last game to this. We will be in trouble once we get to the Big10 schedule if we cant run the ball, pass efficiently, and start playing better offenses. I have seen way to many miss tackles and we are lucky that Akron hasn't gained more yds because of them.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the wildcat but with the results that it's producing right now, you have to ride it. Lynch has been impressive to me as well. I think he's our best back on the roster.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the wildcat but with the results that it's producing right now, you have to ride it. Lynch has been impressive to me as well. I think he's our best back on the roster.

I don't like seeing our star QB lined up as WR and taking hits. I also don't like Hack's play today.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch should be starting. Not the biggest fan of the wildcat but it got the job done. Hack needs to eliminate those bonehead throws come Big 10 schedule. We are not talented enough to overcome those types of mistakes against teams of equal or greater talent. Nice to see a defense that will blitz after all those years of sitting back. Now we just need some corners who can actually play press coverage. Lucas can don't think the others can at this point.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like seeing our star QB lined up as WR and taking hits. I also don't like Hack's play today.

Hack had some Brett Favre-itis today. He's just way too confident, hopefully they drill him in team meetings this week and he gets over it. In fairness, there were some big drops as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo the prevailing observations on this thread. They need to clean some things up ASAP.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack had some Brett Favre-itis today. He's just way too confident, hopefully they drill him in team meetings this week and he gets over it. In fairness, there were some big drops as well.

In fairness there was a sloppy performance on everyone including coaches. Calling a timeout to start the 3rd QTR, throwing at the end of the game, Hack lined up as WR, to many trick plays, etc. This season is going to be a roller coaster and I am hoping there is a lot more Ups then Downs.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a young team, they will continue to grow and have the potential to be VERY good by season's end. Hack will clean up his end, the freshmen WR/TE will continue to grown and contribute more and the OL will become more cohesive. I think people will look back at Akron as a decent win by the end of season. They have some good speed, a solid QB and play a very sound scheme, well coached squad.

One completely off topic note, WTF is up with Terry Bowden's hair?? Did someone try to steal his lucky charms???:omg::wtf2: