• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Pre-Season vs 49ers

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster would make our D if healthy D scary that's why I wanted him. I'm pleased with Bolles so far.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster would make our D if healthy D scary that's why I wanted him. I'm pleased with Bolles so far.

To me the question is Foster compared to Todd Davis and that of Garrett Bolles compared to that of Ty Sambrailo. I think we all saw what Sambrailo brought to the table last year. Maybe the worst tackle in all of football. Davis is at least an average starter.

Have to see how it all plays out though. So far I like what I am hearing about Bolles. I would have been happy if they picked Foster as well though as I had him as a top-5 player until I learned of his injury history and the fact that Alabama had to hire a babysitter pretty much just to keep an eye on him so he didn't go do something stupid.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the question is Foster compared to Todd Davis and that of Garrett Bolles compared to that of Ty Sambrailo. I think we all saw what Sambrailo brought to the table last year. Maybe the worst tackle in all of football. Davis is at least an average starter.

Have to see how it all plays out though. So far I like what I am hearing about Bolles. I would have been happy if they picked Foster as well though as I had him as a top-5 player until I learned of his injury history and the fact that Alabama had to hire a babysitter pretty much just to keep an eye on him so he didn't go do something stupid.

also a 3-4 ILB at 229 isn't sustainable imo. His comment that went something along the lines of "i prefered playing at this weight because my joints hurt when I was heavier" made me take a quick step back. Can't be a 3 down ILB in a 3-4 imo at that weight... you gotta be able to fill gaps and take on olineman and at that weight, combined with injury concern, and it made me concerned. I'm happy we took a tackle and he sounds to be doing very well

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on now. We both pimped Foster to the Broncos all season and now you act like you didn't want him? ;)

Although unexciting I think we made the right disciplined decision at a very important and weak position of ours. I don't think we will look back on it. I also wonder about Foster long term. I love the guy as a player I would have done flips for him, but trying to look at the bigger picture too.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on now. We both pimped Foster to the Broncos all season and now you act like you didn't want him? ;)

Although unexciting I think we made the right disciplined decision at a very important and weak position of ours. I don't think we will look back on it. I also wonder about Foster long term. I love the guy as a player I would have done flips for him, but trying to look at the bigger picture too.

lol he dropped 'bigly' after the combine for me and talking with a few scouts and come on gotta have justification and rationalize the pick! lol

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Foster's shoulder issues that can be huge problem down the road. I'm glad I was wrong and Bolles looks like a solid choice.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Foster's shoulder issues that can be huge problem down the road. I'm glad I was wrong and Bolles looks like a solid choice.

It takes a mighty big man to admit he's wrong - professor.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather here a man admit one time that they were wrong about something then 200 times that they were right about something.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Bigley " ? Is that even a word ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had him as a top-5 player for what he showed on the field at Alabama. When more information came out about injuries and some off the field concerns it was understandable why he was dropping.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Paxton definitely had his best practice of the offseason. 49er media are allowed to release numbers from practice compared to that of in Denver. Paxton went 12/12 today with about 3 or 4 wow throws that had everybody talking.

Siemian didn't do anything to lose the starting job today as he did his usual throw the short throws. Had a couple of near interceptions that were dropped though by the defender.

I still think Paxton has to go out and blow Siemian away during the game to get back into this QB competition even after "winning" the last 2 days of practice.

Jamaal Charles did not practice today. Sounds like he had some soreness in his knee. Not a good sign for a guy fighting for a roster spot.

Some huge fights broke out at practice leading to stoppage and ruining a couple of drills. Sounds like Pierre Garcon did some pretty dirty tricks. Had Talib, Harris, and Miller coming after him for something he did.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ON a good note DeMarcus Walker's injury doesn't sound serious. It will keep him out of the game on Saturday but they expect him back in a week or so.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets trade Trevor, back Paxton 100%, and see how the Season goes.
What's wrong with that plan?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets trade Trevor, back Paxton 100%, and see how the Season goes.
What's wrong with that plan?
Excellent if your going for # 1 pick in next draft. Right now Trevors trade value is prob a 7th.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elwy ESPN comments on Qb situation in Denver today. You don't even have to try and read between the lines oto know that he's not so confident in either. Like I've said before, no run game, no chance for either Qb.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent if your going for # 1 pick in next draft. Right now Trevors trade value is prob a 7th.

The D is way too good to pick at #1 unless we have some key injuries there.

But yeah we aren't going to the playoffs at this rate.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather here a man admit one time that they were wrong about something then 200 times that they were right about something.
I was wrong about your being right.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch comes out, moves the team and shows some flash plays it may be his job.

One thing though its easier to bring Lynch in if Trevor fails vs the other way around.